2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Modern & Rocker Collaboration, Let's rock!
FretDancer69
Jan 7 2008, 09:25 PM
GMC:er
Id like to take the 1st or 2nd chorus if thats ok! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Jan 7 2008, 09:26 PM
Hi

I would like to do the 3d chorus please. smile.gif Should it contain anything in particular, like fast licks or slower ones?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 7 2008, 10:10 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Hey Gabriel if there is any room id like to jump in on this one, Ill take any part i can get smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 7 2008, 10:41 PM
Instructor
Well, we have all the players!! I said that we need 7 players but I'll do an exception because The Uncreator signed a bit after the last one. I think that you could do a nice intro solo for the song in the intro part that sound like the chorus).

These are the players and the parts for each one:

Intro: The Uncreator
Verse: (two players) Smells & Zephyr
Chorus: (one player) FretDancer69
Verse: (two players) Slammer & preownedguitar
Chorus: (one player) Gilmore
Chorus: (one player) Tjchep

As I said.. it would be great if you post solos for the whole song. I could use some melodies and like as arranges.
If you record a melody and you would like to harmonize it post another file with the second guitar.

I would also like anyone of you to record acoustic guitar recorded in the chorus playing the same rhythm than the electric guitar. Who would like to record it?

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jan 7 2008, 11:11 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jan 8 2008, 12:07 AM
I'm sorry I'm a little confused sad.gif

Should we play over the whole song and post it.

or should we just record over the part that we need to play and post it.

If someone could clear that up for me I'd Appreciate it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 8 2008, 12:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slammer @ Jan 7 2008, 08:07 PM) *
I'm sorry I'm a little confused sad.gif

Should we play over the whole song and post it.

or should we just record over the part that we need to play and post it.

If someone could clear that up for me I'd Appreciate it smile.gif

We are going to use only the part that you have chosen but you can post a solo over the whole song if you want.

gab.-

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Jan 8 2008, 12:52 AM
Ah, sorry, I've been gone for the part choosing, but I'm fine with the verse! I'll try to get something done as soon as possible!

+Quote Post
Kizaze44
Jan 8 2008, 02:17 AM
Gabriel - You mentioned, "You can use D minor Aeolian and D pentatonic minor over this progression but when the backing plays G you’ll have to use D dorian mode."

Why do you have to use D dorian? I did some jamming with this and you're right - it DOES sound way better when using D dorian over the G chord. Why is this so? In the past I would just muddle through the minor pent. over the G, but GMC has opened new worlds for me. Can't figure out why switching to D dorian over the G makes it sound so much better. Is this a question for Andrew?

Love your lessons, btw.

-Kizaze

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 8 2008, 02:24 AM
QUOTE (Kizaze44 @ Jan 7 2008, 07:17 PM) *
Gabriel - You mentioned, "You can use D minor Aeolian and D pentatonic minor over this progression but when the backing plays G you’ll have to use D dorian mode."

Why do you have to use D dorian? I did some jamming with this and you're right - it DOES sound way better when using D dorian over the G chord. Why is this so? In the past I would just muddle through the minor pent. over the G, but GMC has opened new worlds for me. Can't figure out why switching to D dorian over the G makes it sound so much better. Is this a question for Andrew?

Love your lessons, btw.

-Kizaze

good question, id like to know that too.

Also Gabriel, are you going provide the intro, verse, and chorus for us seperately, or do we have to record over that backing track but only the part that belongs to each one?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 8 2008, 02:36 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Kizaze44 @ Jan 7 2008, 08:17 PM) *

Love your lessons, btw.

-Kizaze

(Hope you don't mind if I step in here Gabriel ...)

Its actually a Dorian chord progression. If the G major had been a G minor, it would have been a regular minor progression, but the G major sharpens the Bb to a B which is a #6 from the perspective of the root note of D.

Now as it happens, the 3 chords apart from the G are also in the D minor scale, so Gabriel made it easier for you by effectively saying "you don't have to play D Dorian all the way through, just on the one chord where it really matters". Of course for a minor scale you can use either minor or minor pentatonic interchangeably, so they both work on the other three chords, but would clash with the G major chord unless you use the D Dorian scale.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 8 2008, 07:11 AM
Instructor
Exactly Andrew! Thank you.

FretDancer69: You can use the complete backing and post it complete with your solo in the part that belongs to you. It will be easier for me to synchronize the files.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 8 2008, 10:41 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 8 2008, 12:11 AM) *
Exactly Andrew! Thank you.

FretDancer69: You can use the complete backing and post it complete with your solo in the part that belongs to you. It will be easier for me to synchronize the files.

Ok, thanks! ill start right awaY!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kizaze44
Jan 9 2008, 01:17 AM
Thanks Andrew! I understand it now! I've been diving into theory lately and this simple explanation has turned into a big step forward for me. It's so much easier to understand theory when you put it to use like this. I'm diving in for more now.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 9 2008, 02:44 AM
QUOTE (Kizaze44 @ Jan 8 2008, 06:17 PM) *
Thanks Andrew! I understand it now! I've been diving into theory lately and this simple explanation has turned into a big step forward for me. It's so much easier to understand theory when you put it to use like this. I'm diving in for more now.

Agreed!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 9 2008, 04:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kizaze44 @ Jan 8 2008, 09:17 PM) *

I also agree.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:41 PM