A True Metal Guitar
Cosmin Lupu
May 28 2013, 10:27 AM
Instructor
Made by some buddies of mine that live in the northern part of the country and enjoy working with true metal biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
May 28 2013, 12:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Pretty cool tribute?

I honestly cannot tell if it is playable or not. I'm going with it isn't because it looks like a bunch of metal welded together? laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 28 2013, 03:04 PM
Instructor
Wou!! That's the most true metal guitar ever!! It looks awesome!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 29 2013, 07:58 AM
Instructor
I don't think it can be played smile.gif It is a bunch of metal shaped and welded together biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 30 2013, 06:30 AM
GMC:er
Now THAT is TRU METAL!! smile.gif They did a fine job to be sure. Great tribute to Dime.

Todd
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 28 2013, 05:27 AM) *
Made by some buddies of mine that live in the northern part of the country and enjoy working with true metal biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 30 2013, 07:58 AM
Instructor
Indeed it is - one of them is a very talented bass player smile.gif

+Quote Post
deeaa
May 30 2013, 08:17 AM
Dunno about full metal...but partially metal guitar is great :-) I once turned a Yamaha shredder into an aluminum top axe, and it works VERY well.

Check it out:

Too bad I didn't record any clean tones...but anyway, it's a really nice axe. I use it almost exclusively these days when recording something - I have an EMG SA equipped 'stratoblaster' I keep stringed with .11s for clean sounds though.

Since the vid I also installed an EMG SPC on the same axe, and since then it does also a really thick LP kinda sound and much more usable cleans:

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 30 2013, 09:23 AM
Instructor
Sounds very nice mate - I can hear a slight metallic texture in the tone - but I don't know if it is self indued, solely from the idea of knowing tht the guitar is aluminum plated, or if it is distinguishable for real smile.gif Have to listen some more, but anyway, it looks really beautiful!

+Quote Post
deeaa
May 30 2013, 10:39 AM
It sounds a wee bit 'thin' compared to my other guitars, but it did so before the top job, being a very light-bodied shredder to begin with. Also routed for three pups, it's really semi-hollow and light as a feather. The neck is very very thin but 25 years old maple and straight as ever.

I installed the spc because of the slightly bright, maybe even metallic tone, and it gives it the beef it was missing excellently.

It sustains very well, probably because it's very rigid yet light, the epoxy used is very hard, glassy stuff, and combined with the simple bridge and stiff old neck it feels very light yet...rigid. dunno how best describe. Kinda like holding a carbon fiber archery bow, almost.

I didn't use it much before the spc actually but now very extensively.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2013, 04:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (deeaa @ May 30 2013, 04:17 AM) *
Dunno about full metal...but partially metal guitar is great :-) I once turned a Yamaha shredder into an aluminum top axe, and it works VERY well.

Check it out:

Too bad I didn't record any clean tones...but anyway, it's a really nice axe. I use it almost exclusively these days when recording something - I have an EMG SA equipped 'stratoblaster' I keep stringed with .11s for clean sounds though.

Since the vid I also installed an EMG SPC on the same axe, and since then it does also a really thick LP kinda sound and much more usable cleans:

Cool guitar! I can hear his metallic sound! and it looks very good.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 31 2013, 07:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (deeaa @ May 30 2013, 09:39 AM) *
It sounds a wee bit 'thin' compared to my other guitars, but it did so before the top job, being a very light-bodied shredder to begin with. Also routed for three pups, it's really semi-hollow and light as a feather. The neck is very very thin but 25 years old maple and straight as ever.

I installed the spc because of the slightly bright, maybe even metallic tone, and it gives it the beef it was missing excellently.

It sustains very well, probably because it's very rigid yet light, the epoxy used is very hard, glassy stuff, and combined with the simple bridge and stiff old neck it feels very light yet...rigid. dunno how best describe. Kinda like holding a carbon fiber archery bow, almost.

I didn't use it much before the spc actually but now very extensively.

I have held that sort of bow biggrin.gif so I think I can relate to what you are saying - nice idea and it's a good thing that you had the original guitar to work with - my conclusion would be that the metal sheet simply amplified the guitar's already existing characteristics, right?

+Quote Post
deeaa
May 31 2013, 08:34 AM
Probably, yes, the epoxy and aluminum stiffen the body up much like, say a carbon fibre sheet would, and it sort of seems to amplify the response a little, makevit brighter and snappie but the overall tone didn't muchbchange.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 1 2013, 10:05 AM
Instructor
Is this process occurring in the case of Dobro guitars?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:20 AM