2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Shortest Marriages In Music History
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 17 2013, 05:59 PM
Instructor
Hey guy, I just found this article about marriages in Music History... haha

http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2013-08-14/...roll-marriages/

Let's talk about this topic... What do you think of marriage? Are you marriage? Would you like to marriage?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Aug 17 2013, 06:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
IMO: It is just a piece of paper!

Living with someone for years or having children means a lot more to me than being married as soon as possible

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 17 2013, 06:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Aug 17 2013, 02:06 PM) *

Living with someone for years or having children means a lot more to me than being married as soon as possible

this is so true...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 17 2013, 07:02 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Well, if people wanna get married it's best to think it through beforehand...
I've been best man for two of my friends, and a third one kinda asked me to become his best man as well. These guys have been with their women for many years before they got married, and it works out for them.
Personally, I'm not the marrying type of guy, I agree to what Ulrik said.

But hey, if it makes people happy...

Another factor (at least in Germany) are a few legal things that come along with marriage. Not a pleasant example, but a good one: if your significant other is in the hospital and you are not married, the doctor is not allowed to give you (as boyfriend/girlfriend) any information about the status, cause you are not a family member. Sounds totally stupid, right? As husband, you may get all infos, as boyfriend...not a chance.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
klasaine
Aug 17 2013, 07:08 PM
GMC:er
I got married at 44 years old.
Had a son at 47.

Yes, I'm a little older embarking on this whole 'family' thing ... but I've also gotten all the rock and roll, male bullshit out of my system.
If you like participating in the Lifestyle (male or female - and believe me I'm not making a value judgement in any way), but you think you might want a family(?) ... I'd wait for awhile.

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Aug 17 2013, 07:12 PM
I've been married twice and have two kids...... Real men get married and have kids. laugh.gif

edit: i had to say that really didn't I? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Headbanger: Aug 17 2013, 07:13 PM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 18 2013, 01:06 AM
Learning Tone Master
here are my thoughts , If you dont believe in God , Don't get married it's a fluffy man made Idea
If there is a God he decreed it = look to him for the answers

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 18 2013, 08:19 AM
Instructor
Get married when you find that person which you feel like you want to spend your life with smile.gif My grandma and grandpa will turn 64 next year - 64 years of marriage that is - I admire and respect that, but we have to keep in mind that they started their lives in a whole different era.

I think that if you truly love someone, all you need to do is be there for them and show them how important they are to you, each and every day smile.gif

That's quite it

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 18 2013, 04:18 PM
Learning Tone Master

If you find the right person it doesn't matter if you have that paper or not. I saw many persons who after they signed the document the love story end or other people loves each other until they became old without being married. So... love, friendship, good relationship, respect, passion belongs to people and don't need to be written on a paper.

If you want a good recipe for a good marriage you will need few ingredients:
- love is primordial
- trust, respect and honestly
- don't let the routine to replace beautiful small things
- try to find and share common passions

One big important thing: If you are musician and spend a lot money buying guitar stuff or in the middle of the night you go to record a musical idea, be sure the other one is also musician or converts him/her in a musician biggrin.gif If you not doing this, you will be a happy divorced biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 18 2013, 04:25 PM
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Aug 17 2013, 07:06 PM) *

Amen!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 18 2013, 04:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 18 2013, 04:19 AM) *
Get married when you find that person which you feel like you want to spend your life with smile.gif My grandma and grandpa will turn 64 next year - 64 years of marriage that is - I admire and respect that, but we have to keep in mind that they started their lives in a whole different era.

I think that if you truly love someone, all you need to do is be there for them and show them how important they are to you, each and every day smile.gif

That's quite it

Respect to all those grandparents that keeps toghether happy after lots of years. My Grandparents are both around 80 and they are still together. smile.gif

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Aug 18 2013, 12:18 PM) *
If you find the right person it doesn't matter if you have that paper or not. I saw many persons who after they signed the document the love story end or other people loves each other until they became old without being married. So... love, friendship, good relationship, respect, passion belongs to people and don't need to be written on a paper.

If you want a good recipe for a good marriage you will need few ingredients:
- love is primordial
- trust, respect and honestly
- don't let the routine to replace beautiful small things
- try to find and share common passions

One big important thing: If you are musician and spend a lot money buying guitar stuff or in the middle of the night you go to record a musical idea, be sure the other one is also musician or converts him/her in a musician biggrin.gif If you not doing this, you will be a happy divorced biggrin.gif

hahah good trick. laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Aug 19 2013, 08:52 AM
Learning Roadie
At 37 I proposed just before we'd been dating 4 months and married 4 months later to the day.

I think we both had enough experience to know what we wanted and definitely what we didn't want in a husband/wife. Although to this day she says her English wasn't good enough to know what she was agreeing to when she said her vows!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 19 2013, 02:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Aug 19 2013, 04:52 AM) *
At 37 I proposed just before we'd been dating 4 months and married 4 months later to the day.

I think we both had enough experience to know what we wanted and definitely what we didn't want in a husband/wife. Although to this day she says her English wasn't good enough to know what she was agreeing to when she said her vows!

hahaha laugh.gif that's not a valid excuse!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
klasaine
Aug 19 2013, 02:59 PM
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Aug 18 2013, 08:18 AM) *
If you are musician and spend a lot money buying guitar stuff or in the middle of the night you go to record a musical idea, be sure the other one is also musician or converts him/her in a musician biggrin.gif If you not doing this, you will be a happy divorced biggrin.gif

That's not always true. If you spend money on gear just make sure you also spend some of it on furniture and new bathroom fixtures. If you need to record in the middle of the night do it in a different room in the house.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 19 2013, 03:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Aug 19 2013, 10:59 AM) *
That's not always true. If you spend money on gear just make sure you also spend some of it on furniture and new bathroom fixtures. If you need to record in the middle of the night do it in a different room in the house.

or use headphones. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 19 2013, 03:39 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (klasaine @ Aug 19 2013, 01:59 PM) *

Of course is not always true smile.gif

What you said I think it's available in one perfect cases when you have money for both (gear and home stuff) and she/he don't "cry like a baby" when you must leave to go in other room and leave it alone in bed smile.gif
The ideal thing, as you said, is to find a good compromise for both. But in my opinion depend very much what place does music in everyone's life. If is just a hobby, then this compromise should be good.
If you make money from music, then things might be different, but is just my opinion wink.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 19 2013, 02:03 PM) *
or use headphones. biggrin.gif

Yes Gabriel, is useful to use headphones but the problem was not the noise, the problem was: do not let your partner in bed alone smile.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Aug 19 2013, 03:48 PM
I guess one of the biggest benefits of getting married later in life (as I did) is all that shit gets sorted out BEFORE you enter in to that type of commitment.

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 19 2013, 04:09 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (klasaine @ Aug 19 2013, 02:48 PM) *
I guess one of the biggest benefits of getting married later in life (as I did) is all that shit gets sorted out BEFORE you enter in to that type of commitment.

I'm totally agree with you. Much later, much more wisdom smile.gif
Anyway, I think everybody when get married knows very well all about the other person. If that person is no good for us, nobody will not say "yes" smile.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Aug 19 2013, 07:43 PM
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Aug 19 2013, 05:09 PM) *
I'm totally agree with you. Much later, much more wisdom smile.gif
Anyway, I think everybody when get married knows very well all about the other person. If that person is no good for us, nobody will not say "yes" smile.gif

I knew my first was was bad and I still married her!! laugh.gif The second wife, the mother of my two kids, sold a Fender squire to my first wife (before we were divorced) as a present for me....I got rid of the first wife for buying me a squire laugh.gif and took on the second one for being clever enough to sell one!....I bought a USA Strat in its place (long gone)...

Some of this is true!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 19 2013, 08:08 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Aug 19 2013, 06:43 PM) *
I knew my first was was bad and I still married her!! laugh.gif The second wife, the mother of my two kids, sold a Fender squire to my first wife (before we were divorced) as a present for me....I got rid of the first wife for buying me a squire laugh.gif and took on the second one for being clever enough to sell one!....I bought a USA Strat in its place (long gone)...

Some of this is true!! laugh.gif

Wow....you deserve a prize for your story smile.gif

You know Headbanger, if somebody touch my guitar I will kill that person smile.gif So, if I don't write anything for a while it means that somebody touched my guitar and probably I'm in jail biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Aug 20 2013, 09:01 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:48 PM