On Making Instructor Videos, what equipment required?
Pantalaimon
Jul 2 2007, 07:41 PM
GMC:er
Here at GMC all the video lessons are top-notch video and audio quality. I really wanted to know what kind of process is involved in recording the lessons - what kind of recording equipment do the instructors use? Do they mix/edit them at all? Is it easy or hard to make video lessons? Do you need computer software to make videos?

answers to any and all questions on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
~Schecter C-1+ (black cherry) w/ Duncan Designed PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Fender Mexican Stratocaster (black) w/ stock PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Jasmine by Takamine acoustic (kinda crappy - $90)
~Fender Frontman 25R amp.
~Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive pedal
~Dan-Ecko pedal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Pavel
Jul 2 2007, 08:28 PM
Instructor
First of all i record video using Sony HC-24 camera using Sony's software provided with the cam. Later i import the videos in Sony Vegas 6 and edit them, cut the beginning and the ending so you only see the playing part. Then add transition effects, sharpen effects.

Mixing with backing track for main video can sometimes be tricky but i already got used to it! Backing track is created in Cubase SX 3 using different sampler programs.

Then comes the rendering (same as SAVE AS) but here it's a bit more difficult as you have to know the exact video settings to optimize quality vs size.

Well that's actually that!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Pantalaimon
Jul 3 2007, 04:20 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 2 2007, 02:28 PM) *
First of all i record video using Sony HC-24 camera using Sony's software provided with the cam. Later i import the videos in Sony Vegas 6 and edit them, cut the beginning and the ending so you only see the playing part. Then add transition effects, sharpen effects.

Mixing with backing track for main video can sometimes be tricky but i already got used to it! Backing track is created in Cubase SX 3 using different sampler programs.

Then comes the rendering (same as SAVE AS) but here it's a bit more difficult as you have to know the exact video settings to optimize quality vs size.

Well that's actually that!

wow that's a lot of stuff, I don't really have the money for all that stuff dry.gif . Another question - is the sound of your guitar in your lessons just the sound that the video camera picks up from an amp next to you or are you plugged directly into a recording device?

Also, do you use a Mac or a PC? I'm assuming a Mac.

--------------------
My Gear:
~Schecter C-1+ (black cherry) w/ Duncan Designed PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Fender Mexican Stratocaster (black) w/ stock PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Jasmine by Takamine acoustic (kinda crappy - $90)
~Fender Frontman 25R amp.
~Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive pedal
~Dan-Ecko pedal

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 3 2007, 10:20 AM
Instructor
I use PC, and the sound is from camera mic - i don't plug in anything!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 3 2007, 11:33 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Pantalaimon @ Jul 3 2007, 05:20 AM) *
wow that's a lot of stuff, I don't really have the money for all that stuff dry.gif . Another question - is the sound of your guitar in your lessons just the sound that the video camera picks up from an amp next to you or are you plugged directly into a recording device?

Also, do you use a Mac or a PC? I'm assuming a Mac.

The most important ingredients for good recording isn't expensive gear, it's light conditions and room dampening.

There are quite some information about it in the teach online section.

Kris smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Jul 3 2007, 02:37 PM
ok, so you just basically turn on the backing track and play your thing?

Or do you add the backing track later on with recording software?

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 3 2007, 04:15 PM
Instructor
You add it later in the video editing software!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Jul 3 2007, 04:58 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 3 2007, 05:15 PM) *
You add it later in the video editing software!

Thanks I always wanted to know that smile.gif

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 3 2007, 06:03 PM
Keep in mind .With videos also comes Text explain, for every video. A supply of backing tracks for them to play along with . guitar pro tab. Regular tab. And Pavel ,Kris and Walliman go even a extra step with a speech explaination of whats going on .
I give the instructors alot of credit for the work the put out to keep this site running smile.gif .

-John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:39 PM