3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
I'm Finally 20!, Should i be happy or not?
mattacuk
Oct 10 2007, 12:59 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 9 2007, 11:33 PM) *
Happy birthday - I'm twice your age ... don't worry, it gets better for a while yet smile.gif

That makes me feel good too !1 laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Oct 10 2007, 01:37 AM
GMC:er
Happy birthday!

(But a good game is like a good book, not a waste of time!)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 10 2007, 01:45 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 9 2007, 04:12 PM) *
Thanks a lot guys!

It really feels like: "Damn, i'll soon have to find a job and work each day.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" And it will last for YEARS AND YEARS.....

Many happy returns Pavel,

hope you have a great birthday.

Jobs and work dry.gif not a good thing to think about on your birthday - just enjoy not working whilst you can smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
RobM
Oct 10 2007, 02:19 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 9 2007, 05:42 PM) *
Well - it's my birthday today, and i turned 20!

Nothing changed, i'm still Pavel...but damn, people get old TOOO FAST!!!! Still thinking about: "What have i achieved by now?" so my advice is - don't spend all of your time on PC games and hanging out and drinking as it is 100% waste of time. Try to make as much as you can NOW because now you have the most free time you will ever have in your life to dedicate to what you want to do.

Well, you can all have a beer on my account, but you'll still have to pay it yourself biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Congratualtions on turning 20, you seem to have a very level head on your shoulders for such a young age. I wish I had thought like you when I was 20, I wouldn't have wasted so much time doing things that were so counter productive in my life.
You are an excellent guitarist and I feel with your talent and intelligence you can go real far in life. Please don't waste it doing things that are a waste of your talent, time and life! If you play your cards right, you could end up in a great band with great fortune and fame. I wish you all the best.

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 10 2007, 02:45 AM
The Dark Canuck
Happy Birthday Pavel smile.gif

I know how you feel though. 20 was my hardest birthday I think. The "teen" was basically dropped from my age and I just felt old. It's ridiculous now when I look back because I just turned 30 and I feel the complete opposite. And when I look back and see all that I've accomplished in those 10 years it reminds me that 20 was just a starting point.

I don't think you have to worry much though my friend. Like most have said already, you have a very level head and a great talent. I think big things are in store for you and your music. So enjoy your birthday and have fun...you only turn 20 once.

rok

+Quote Post
Iluha
Oct 10 2007, 03:15 AM
SDNED RAJDENIYE!

Happy birthday man, keep rocking, you still have plenty of years to get famous wink.gif so don't worry about what you achieved, you'r still very young and will go long ways, the amout of dedication you put into doing something you love proves it.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
Oct 10 2007, 04:15 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 9 2007, 11:42 PM) *

Congratulations! :]

And be happy! Getting older isn't a bad thing at all.. There's so much to learn in life, so grab your guitar and seize the moment!! tongue.gif

--------------------

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Oct 10 2007, 05:02 AM
It wont be long till we can refer to you as grandpa Pavel, eh ? tongue.gif laugh.gif

Only kidding , Happy Birthday and save me some cake !

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Oct 10 2007, 05:10 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 9 2007, 10:42 PM) *

Nothing changed, i'm still Pavel...but damn, people get old TOOO FAST!!!! Still thinking about: "What have i achieved by now?" so my advice is - don't spend all of your time on PC games and hanging out and drinking as it is 100% waste of time. Try to make as much as you can NOW because now you have the most free time you will ever have in your life to dedicate to what you want to do.

Well, you can all have a beer on my account, but you'll still have to pay it yourself biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hope you had an enjoyable birthday smile.gif

Don't get too worked up on hitting your 20s. I'm getting closer to 40 and looking forward to my mid-life crisis - think of all the flashy and pointy guitars I'll be able to buy to try to convince myself I'm still young laugh.gif

With that thought, I'm off to drink that beer you promised...

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Oct 10 2007, 05:14 AM
Congratulations man!, i wasted like 3 years of my life because of the reasons you mentioned. But thats over, i dedicate myself to my dream now: the guitar wink.gif

Enjoy your birthday!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 10 2007, 05:26 AM
Instructor
Thanks a BUNCH for your wishes guys!! Really appreciate it!

I just got back from a driving school and the teacher is F**** genius! I had SO MUCH LAUGH! laugh.gif laugh.gif He explains things about driving (theoretical part) but he makes it SOOOOOOO funny! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I also had a beer with a group of my closest pals from university, hit some IT stores to grab 2 LCD monitors, it is like my birthday present half from my parents and half from myself biggrin.gif I finally decided what to pick up so i guess i will buy them by the end of the week.

Didn't have time to practice today - all day in university and driving school....but who cares! i bet this 20th birthday will bring a good year of guitar and lot's of new gear for my coming RC7! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Cheers to all of you guys! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Oct 10 2007, 05:54 AM
Instructor
Happy Bithday !!! Enjoy your birthday present wink.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 10 2007, 05:56 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
WHAT?!?!

Your only 2 years older than me?

Damn i thought you were like 25 or something laugh.gif

Anyway, Happy Birthday!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Oct 10 2007, 05:57 AM

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 10 2007, 06:09 AM
Instructor
The Uncreator: do i really look like i am 25? biggrin.gif

Thanks Juan and The Uncreator! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 10 2007, 06:18 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I thought you were older than 20 atleast smile.gif

Man, this gives me even more confience that i can be as good as you by the time im 20, or atleast as good as you are now smile.gif im sure in 2 years you'll be better than you are now biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 10 2007, 06:26 AM
Instructor
Yeah that's definitely my goal! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
white eagle
Oct 10 2007, 09:53 AM
Geese a whole 20 sheeet man I'm 2.5 times that biggrin.gif Your advice is sound though free time is a rare commodity my friends spend it wisely

+Quote Post
VinceG
Oct 10 2007, 11:09 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Oct 10 2007, 03:17 AM) *
I'm starting to get that feeling too sad.gif

lol when I turned 19, April 14, I finally decided to get a job. So I did as a bagger for Kroger. During that one month employment, I decided that I hate people because they whine too much. And I was doing literally slave work. I was working frm 3 pm till 12 midnight. I told myself, Id rather be broke and a bum than serve the people who I hate. laugh.gif Now I am 19 and dont have a job, although Im thinking of beeing a dish washer for a mexican restaurant. Should be nice since I dont have to interact with a lot of annoying people.

but anyways Happy Birthday Pavel. I cant believe your only 20. I thought your like 25+. And how are you paying for that Rusty Cooley Sig Guitar w/o a job?

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Oct 10 2007, 11:14 AM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Oct 10 2007, 04:09 AM) *
lol when I turned 19, April 14, I finally decided to get a job. So I did as a bagger for Kroger. During that one month employment, I decided that I hate people because they whine too much. And I was doing literally slave work. I was working frm 3 pm till 12 midnight. I told myself, Id rather be broke and a bum than serve the people who I hate. laugh.gif Now I am 19 and dont have a job, although Im thinking of beeing a dish washer for a mexican restaurant. Should be nice since I dont have to interact with a lot of annoying people.
but anyways Happy Birthday Pavel. I cant believe your only 20. I thought your like 25+. And how are you paying for that Rusty Cooley Sig Guitar w/o a job?

well, i believe he recieves money for his lessons. wink.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
VinceG
Oct 10 2007, 01:26 PM
ahhhh good point!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:09 AM