> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
George Hlio's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 27 2018, 04:14 PM
Instructor
Ok! wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Feb 27 2018, 11:14 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks for the great feedback and the high grade Gab! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 28 2018, 04:14 PM
Instructor
Congrats! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 2 2018, 05:53 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks Gab! I want to share my plan with you in order to tell me your opinion! I am currently working Level 2.
My level 2 list has the following remaining
Beginner Legato + Bending + Vibrato
After I finiish those lessons(and of course I'll give them a REC each), is it OK to move forward to Level 3 lessons?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 4 2018, 03:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (George Hlio @ Mar 2 2018, 01:53 PM) *
Thanks Gab! I want to share my plan with you in order to tell me your opinion! I am currently working Level 2.
My level 2 list has the following remaining
Beginner Legato + Bending + Vibrato
After I finiish those lessons(and of course I'll give them a REC each), is it OK to move forward to Level 3 lessons?

Hi George!

Yes, you can try with some level 3 lessons after these ones. However, the level depends also on each guitarist's skills so you can find level 2 lessons that are trickier for you than level 3 ones.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 4 2018, 05:12 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Sure Gab! I agree! My ULTIMATE GOAL is to become a really good metal rhythm guitar player (in the style of bands like Lamb of God and Periphery and unearth) and I hope that I can SHRED to a basic soloing level in let's say 5 years from now...
So anything that you'd like to add as far as my goals are concerned please do!
Thank you for all the help so far and the time you dedicate for me to become a better guitar player!

P.S. I am working on the PJ collab too...and my question is: the appropriate backing track for the final take is the PJ no guitars, right?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 5 2018, 05:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (George Hlio @ Mar 4 2018, 01:12 PM) *
Sure Gab! I agree! My ULTIMATE GOAL is to become a really good metal rhythm guitar player (in the style of bands like Lamb of God and Periphery and unearth) and I hope that I can SHRED to a basic soloing level in let's say 5 years from now...
So anything that you'd like to add as far as my goals are concerned please do!
Thank you for all the help so far and the time you dedicate for me to become a better guitar player!

P.S. I am working on the PJ collab too...and my question is: the appropriate backing track for the final take is the PJ no guitars, right?

Nice mate! Yes, that backing is ok for the collab!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 6 2018, 03:54 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Gab I got a new REC on the zone!
Check it out and leave your feedback there when you can!!!
Can't wait!!

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 6 2018, 05:42 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks for the feedback Gab!
Probably due to REC anxiety I tend to go in front of the beat so I should conciously think of not rushing!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 7 2018, 03:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (George Hlio @ Mar 6 2018, 01:42 PM) *
Thanks for the feedback Gab!
Probably due to REC anxiety I tend to go in front of the beat so I should conciously think of not rushing!

yes, that could be the reason. Give it a new chance and try to avoid rushing!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 8 2018, 11:57 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hey Gab! I had a day off from work and except for a coffee that I went with my friends, the rest of the day I was practicing guitar!
I put a lot of work and I have 3 new RECs! (one is the retake!)
Can't wait for your feedback!!
Leave it there! Thanks!!!

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 9 2018, 05:15 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks for the great feedback Gab!
I will continue working on some lead guitar basics like bending and vibrato for sure...As for the tuning issue I haven't noticed anything but maybe during the bends in Beg.Soloing 2 the G or B string went slightly out of tune, so when I recorded the vibrato lesson the problem remained...
As for the rhythm I will start focusing more on dynamics! Do you think that I can proceed to Level 3 metal RHYTHM takes, while continueing to work on some Level 2 LEAD concepts?

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 9 2018, 06:09 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Also I am working on the collab but I don't have a final take yet! I'll upload a demo one to tell me if you like the main ideas so that then I can finally record it and have a video too! Don't let me out of this one please! smile.gif

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 10 2018, 10:20 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hey Gab! FINALLY here is my PJ take on the collab! It has some mistakes here and there but it was 6 minutes long and I was tired of recording it too many times! If you need a part for retake just ask me! Some parts were improvised but most parts were not random... I hope you like it

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 12 2018, 01:51 AM
Instructor
Hi George! Great job!! Thanks for taking the time to recording such a long solo for this collab. In the end I create a song taking parts from each guitarist that provides solo so the small issues aren't a problem.

However, I have to say that I think that this is a great exercise for you. I can notice how you took some ideas and make them evolve over the backing track. Your ideas are very musical, with cool grooves, and varied elements. This is a very creative input mate and I think that you should keep on doing these type of composition / improvisation to develope your own style / voice. What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 12 2018, 09:37 PM
Experienced Rock Star
It really means very much to me to hear positive things from you Gab about my collab take!
I think that this is very important and with every lesson that I play I am trying to create a short melody or a riff based on it, but you know with modifications smile.gif
Simultaneously as you have probably noticed I am doing Todd's Quick Licks and Bootcamp lessons, that provide me with some really nice chops and develop my technique as well!

P.S. I am really enthusiastic because I am just 1 month in GMC and I am feeling better than ever! Now I can't even believe how could I not touch my guitar for almost 2 years...

So Gab, what would you further suggest me do to develop my style as you said?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 14 2018, 04:08 AM
Instructor
That's great George. I can see how you are doing a killer job at GMC, and this is just the beginning!

Regarding your question, please get into this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Your-First-Phrases/

I love Kris's approach to phrasing in that lesson and it's a good first step to develop your own voice on guitar.

Get into it and let me know your thoughts.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 15 2018, 12:09 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks for your kind words!!! I am trying to give my best! I am currently on vacation Gab so when I come back for sure I'll check it out and tell you my thoughts!
However I have to tell you th tsomething unexpected happened and made me very happy!
So a friend of mine watched some of my GMC videos and since he is a metalhead too he suggested me to play with him live one song.
His guitar teacher organises the show, which will consist of most of his guitar students! But he doesn't have a lot of wanna be metal players and so my friend suggested that I could play with them live one amazing song: Metallica's Orion!
The live is scheduled for early May!
What are your thoughts Gab?
Do you think that I can tackle the rhythm parts and play the whole song live for the first time ever? (I haven't played live before)
Your opinion is important for me friend smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2018, 05:31 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! That's a great opportunity!! All I have to say is: GO FOR IT!!

and count with me if you need any help. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 19 2018, 08:35 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Great Gabriel! Thanks!!! I'll go for it and keep you updated!!!

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:14 PM