Pickup Screw Wont Stay In The Wood
Sagie
Jan 15 2011, 09:14 AM
GMC:er
hi gmc users

can you please help me out.

i have done this many times but i just bought a new ibanez rg1570 prestige.
i was adjusting the height of the pickups by turning the screws.

one screw on the neck pick up just does not stay in.
i can pull it out and push it in the wood easily.

the hole where the screw goes in is now bigger than it should be and the screw doesn't work.

now the pickup doesnt go in or out just stays loose and i would like to have it tightened and secured.

thanks!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
MickeM
Jan 16 2011, 10:39 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I third that. smile.gif

The most rescent repair I made was with toothpicks. I was replacing machine heads and their holes sat a bit off compared to the current ones.
Cut the pointy end of the toothpick, add some glue and plug the hole. Break it in line with the surface and sand it smooth. Let it dry before you
Simple ans swift.

Or you get padding to fill the hole, they are usually harder than the wood after they dry so a pillar drill is to prefeer since a hand drill can sliip over to the wood side when you're making new holes.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:32 AM