Video Chat Homework - February 7th
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 10 2013, 10:02 AM
Instructor
Hee- hoo there mates!

As a matter of fact I've been watching the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' series once again yesterday and it felt awesome to see Mr. Depp in a role that suits him so well!

Anyway, I was talking about a little assignment during the last Thursday's v-chat session:

Developing your own phrases over the Pirate Collab Backing track thinking in terms of what modes you can use over each chord change.

Now, to revise things a bit, here are the modes I have used:

C5 G5 F5 C5 - I used the C Aeolian mode over the whole progression

One mode over each chord in this order:

G5 Bb5 Eb5 G5 - Phrygian, Mixolydian, Ionian, Phrygian
Ab5 Bb5 F5 - Lydian, Mixolydian and Dorian

You can check out the tab of my take and the backing track here -> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0

Now, here's yer end of the deal - prepare licks in the suggested modes or just licks that sound good to you over the backing track and let's share them in the session happening this Thursday at 8 PM London time (February 14th). All ye gotta do is grab your webcam and show me what you have cooked up. We can polish the licks and ideas and then you can use them in the collab!

So, who's in? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Feb 10 2013, 10:07 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:03 AM