4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Fire & Flames, Dragonforce
Rapitap
Mar 26 2009, 03:35 PM
GMC:er
Uh..not the best band live then. blink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Mar 26 2009, 07:15 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Mar 26 2009, 04:20 PM) *
ehm he actually fell:D

Glad to hear that, well I`m soon gonna hit 22 tongue.gif And that video was hilarious really!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Herman was pathethic if compare to studio version biggrin.gif
LOOl fall on a stage i think is one of the biggest shame ever biggrin.gif before sick jumps you better train them at home biggrin.gif

But Herman Li seems a nice guy, and having fun of this all biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AlexLion: Mar 26 2009, 08:49 PM

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Mar 29 2009, 05:30 PM
i learned this song a long time ago....its hard in the sense that its fast,

but muscle memory will serve you well here

there is no "complicated" runs...this is no dream theater...its minor scale going up and down (in the solo) and the bridges are not too tough either...just practice it slow and work your way up,

i did this when i wasnt very good and got it pretty well....

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Mar 29 2009, 06:37 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Mar 26 2009, 03:20 PM) *
ehm he actually fell:D

I didn't think that sounded half bad. If herman's guitar was a touch louder it would be spot on.

That that was priceless to see everyone trying not to laugh when he fell on his face LOL

This post has been edited by Sircraigery: Mar 29 2009, 06:37 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Evil_Invader
Mar 29 2009, 07:02 PM
Don't like this stuff at all.. but nice guitar Herman has, I just bought the same Prestige!

--------------------
LIVE FOR STEEL - DIE FOR STEEL!!!

RIOTOR thrash/death metal hell

http://www.riotor.ca

http://www.myspace.com/riotor

Gear:

Ibanez S5470 sol
Bc Rich Warlock Nj

Framus Cobra v2
VHT Fatbottom p50e
Rocktron Xpression
Rocktron Midimate
DOD SR231 EQ
Boss NS-2

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 29 2009, 07:23 PM
Instructor
Dragonforce might not be the best shredders on the planet.. and they do usually suck live, but saying that playing a song like through the fire and flames is "easy" is a bit of a stretch smile.gif

The notes might be memorized fast enough, but i have my doubts about getting it to sound just as clean and fast as on the original recording (processed or not). But i would love to be proven wrong smile.gif Bring on the videos!

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Mar 29 2009, 07:24 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Mar 29 2009, 07:49 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Mar 29 2009, 09:23 PM) *
Bring on the videos!

+1 to that!

+Quote Post
kjutte
Mar 29 2009, 09:12 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Mar 29 2009, 07:23 PM) *
Dragonforce might not be the best shredders on the planet.. and they do usually suck live, but saying that playing a song like through the fire and flames is "easy" is a bit of a stretch smile.gif

The notes might be memorized fast enough, but i have my doubts about getting it to sound just as clean and fast as on the original recording (processed or not). But i would love to be proven wrong smile.gif Bring on the videos!

Ok, for those of you that still think their records aren't speed up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPp9rImK670 !! epic fail!

The funniest part is that Totman can't even play his (easy) lick slow.

This post has been edited by kjutte: Mar 29 2009, 09:12 PM

+Quote Post
berko
Mar 29 2009, 11:13 PM
QUOTE (kjutte @ Mar 29 2009, 09:12 PM) *
Ok, for those of you that still think their records aren't speed up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPp9rImK670 !! epic fail!

The funniest part is that Totman can't even play his (easy) lick slow.

That vid is epic... it seems inconceivable but its true. "It was a bit messy" LOL

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Mar 30 2009, 06:38 AM
QUOTE (berko @ Mar 30 2009, 01:13 AM) *
That vid is epic... it seems inconceivable but its true. "It was a bit messy" LOL

laugh.gif laugh.gif Yeah, his sweeps sux because he use strange hand position, which i saw in his other video.

Betcha i can`t play this now =| Rusty Cooley

This post has been edited by AlexLion: Mar 30 2009, 09:26 AM

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 30 2009, 12:06 PM
Learning Tone Guru
That live recording was like the most unproffesional thing I saw from professional band. 2:10-2:12 was like the #1 Epic Fail I ever saw.. Even a substandart guitarist (as me) would play some whammy bar harmonic or smt... Those who dont know the song regard that pause as fail... On the other hand, I - being a sam - would go home and give up guitar after this.

Regarding that "lesson" - I can provide you with better playing of that, even tho I play one year. That is REALLY simple and I guess nobody doubts it biggrin.gif On the other hand, You can see, that Sams hands are shaking. He probably has stage fright..

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Artemus
Mar 30 2009, 12:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
CRINGE!!!

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
kjutte
Mar 30 2009, 01:31 PM
QUOTE (AlexLion @ Mar 30 2009, 07:38 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif Yeah, his sweeps sux because he use strange hand position, which i saw in his other video.

Betcha i can`t play this now =| Rusty Cooley

Nah... If you know how to sweep, you'll be able to sweep in that position too.
He claims it's the only pos that works for him, but let's face it, he can't sweep at all.

+Quote Post
Darfuria
Mar 30 2009, 04:10 PM
Through the Fire and the Flames has a few tricky lead bits, but the riff behind it is pretty easy. You just have to work on your picking speed. It didn't take me too long to learn the rhythm section, so I'm sure you can do it too. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Darfuria: Mar 30 2009, 04:10 PM

--------------------
Want a website for you or your band? http://www.websiteformyband.com

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Mar 30 2009, 04:22 PM
We`re talking about leads actually biggrin.gif

Edit: ok, to keep it clear actually, we would like to see how it`s easy for you guys to play lead from 3.20 to 4.30

This post has been edited by AlexLion: Mar 30 2009, 04:35 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Mar 30 2009, 04:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
I couldn't play that if my life depended on it

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Mar 30 2009, 04:49 PM
Well, you didn`t said that was easy smile.gif but someone said it`s a piece of cake, so i wonder maybe there are monster shredders amongst GMC members tongue.gif
And for those who think Herman can`t play that fast, and all was speed up smile.gif Ok, he`s worse thatn others in there but, he`s fast and surely don`t suck at guitar.

This post has been edited by AlexLion: Mar 30 2009, 04:49 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Mar 30 2009, 04:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (AlexLion @ Mar 30 2009, 12:49 PM) *
Well, you didn`t said that was easy smile.gif but someone said it`s a piece of cake, so i wonder maybe there are monster shredders amongst GMC members tongue.gif
And for those who think Herman can`t play that fast, and all was speed up smile.gif Ok, he`s worse thatn others in there but, he`s fast and surely don`t suck at guitar.

nice vid! That was actually some good playing on his part!

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
Rapitap
Mar 30 2009, 06:17 PM
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 30 2009, 04:39 PM) *

Hear hear biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 30 2009, 07:40 PM
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 30 2009, 11:39 AM) *

Niether can they. ive seen this "band" live 4 times, and it was a disaster. the couldent play their parts worth crap, and the vocalist was completely hammered. they basicaly fumbled around the stage for an hour or so, then left. it was the worst live show I have EVER seen. if sam and herman are going to pass themselves off as super guitar gods, they better be prepared to back it up on stage. but they cant, so they suck.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:00 AM