> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

28 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Elhombre's Axe Laboratory
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 27 2012, 05:10 PM
Instructor
....aaaaaaand here we are biggrin.gif Please tell me a bit about what you'd like to improve or learn and about what else besides our common favorite - Marco Sfogli, you like?

all the best

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 27 2012, 06:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have never really practiced different styles and licks. I have just listen to music and played kind of my own way and included things I have picked up just by listening.

The problem is when going fast, there is no colour in it smile.gif It just becomes alternate picking up down scales, some legato and not to exciting sweeping.

I think maybe I should start directly focusing on techinques and styles. To make the faster playing more exciting, do cooler things on the fretboard so to speak.

That, and also my theory need to sharpen up smile.gif chords and scales. Ive learned those things on classical but in a more conservative way and of course I have forgotten quite much.

santana, hendrix, clapton were the ones that made me play the electrical, now i tend to like players who are not so famous outside the internet, I liked the players in guitar idol very much, muris varajic, marc playle, hedras ramos etc

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 28 2012, 01:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 27 2012, 05:06 PM) *
I have never really practiced different styles and licks. I have just listen to music and played kind of my own way and included things I have picked up just by listening.

The problem is when going fast, there is no colour in it smile.gif It just becomes alternate picking up down scales, some legato and not to exciting sweeping.

I think maybe I should start directly focusing on techinques and styles. To make the faster playing more exciting, do cooler things on the fretboard so to speak.

That, and also my theory need to sharpen up smile.gif chords and scales. Ive learned those things on classical but in a more conservative way and of course I have forgotten quite much.

santana, hendrix, clapton were the ones that made me play the electrical, now i tend to like players who are not so famous outside the internet, I liked the players in guitar idol very much, muris varajic, marc playle, hedras ramos etc

Hey there Erik! How's it going with the Sfogli lick, did you manage to nail it from the tab?

Regarding what you told me smile.gif I think you need to focus on learning how to use scales, modes, arpeggios and intervals in a tight relationship with the harmonic context you are playing over. That means phrasing, my friend.

What sort of theoretical knowledge do you have - could you please give me some details? I kind of know what we need to do, but a bit more info from you could make it even easier wink.gif

all the best

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 28 2012, 01:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
I will learn it when I got home, tried to play it yesterday looks good smile.gif

I played classical guitar which involves reading notes, and knowing the names of the notes.
I played tones of scales on this "examination boards". These tests involved getting a song, on paper, with notes not knowing it, and you had 1 minute to look in through then play it wink.gif I also went through this one:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...-isaac-albeniz/

I was about 10-11 then was pushed kina hard then quit. Now I have picked up the electrical (2 years ago) and I have forgotten much of the theory.

I still know the basic chords but need to learn more chords and progressions as you said.
Basic scales: A minor + C major has all the notes named A,B,C,D,E,F,G
F major + D minor has all the notes named A,A#,C,D,E,F,G

I suppose I could re learn all the boxes but I want to see the whole picture more than just knowing the patterns of the boxes.

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Feb 28 2012, 01:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 28 2012, 02:07 PM
Instructor
That's very good Erik! - seeing the whole ensemble rather than just learning things visually is a very good approach, although guitar is a visually appealing instrument and I bet everyone of us feels that way biggrin.gif

Well, let's see, first things first - in order to see how the alterations appear in scales and have a good ensemble view, I would recommend you to take a look over the circle of fifths (fourths)

After that I would suggest you take a look at these:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Triads..._Series_Part_1/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Triads..._Series_Part_2/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Triads..._Series_Part_3/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Triads...a_Song_Context/

they will give you a very good insight on how a major scale is harmonized using triads.

I think these are a good starting point for understanding what's going on with scales and chords and how they are related.

Let me know what you think after looking at them wink.gif

all the best

Cosmin

QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 28 2012, 12:53 PM) *
I will learn it when I got home, tried to play it yesterday looks good smile.gif

I played classical guitar which involves reading notes, and knowing the names of the notes.
I played tones of scales on this "examination boards". These tests involved getting a song, on paper, with notes not knowing it, and you had 1 minute to look in through then play it wink.gif I also went through this one:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...-isaac-albeniz/

I was about 10-11 then was pushed kina hard then quit. Now I have picked up the electrical (2 years ago) and I have forgotten much of the theory.

I still know the basic chords but need to learn more chords and progressions as you said.
Basic scales: A minor + C major has all the notes named A,B,C,D,E,F,G
F major + D minor has all the notes named A,A#,C,D,E,F,G

I suppose I could re learn all the boxes but I want to see the whole picture more than just knowing the patterns of the boxes.

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 28 2012, 02:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes I will check these.
Then I think we should also go through the different scales.

As I said, A minor and C major have common notes, but different "root notes" and different chords being played over.
Then if you go to the next step, F major and D major, you remove the be and add A#. Root notes become F, and in Dm, D.

This Is basic and I want to learn everything behind this, then it must be easier moving on to more advanced things smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 29 2012, 08:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 28 2012, 01:51 PM) *
Yes I will check these.
Then I think we should also go through the different scales.

As I said, A minor and C major have common notes, but different "root notes" and different chords being played over.
Then if you go to the next step, F major and D major, you remove the be and add A#. Root notes become F, and in Dm, D.

This Is basic and I want to learn everything behind this, then it must be easier moving on to more advanced things smile.gif

Good morning Erik smile.gif once you will grasp the mechanism behind the circle of fifths (fourths) you will understand and learn the structure of every major scale.

Now, I wanted to ask - have you ever done any ear training?

cheers

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 29 2012, 11:05 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yes I have done singing and listening tests, also transcribed a lot of music

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 29 2012, 11:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 29 2012, 10:05 AM) *
Yes I have done singing and listening tests, also transcribed a lot of music

Have you ever tried singing stuff when improvising? it's totally opposed to running down and up scales and it will give you awesome results tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 29 2012, 01:09 PM
Instructor
We could work on that if you'd like - I find it as the easiest path towards success

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 29 2012, 01:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sure thing
Make me a practice schedule that involves theory, ear training, and maybe technical playing but we can involve that later wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 1 2012, 09:58 AM
Instructor
Mornin' Erik!

here's what I suggest you do until next Thursday:

1) Pick up the circle of fifths - if you understand how it works, go straight to the point

- if you go through it clockwise, you'll notice that the notes go from 5th to 5th (C G D A E B ...)
- C major has no alterations, but they start appearing from G major onwards: G major has one #, D major has 2# and so on
- Apply the major scale formula starting from each root (w w h w w w h) and figure out ALL the major scales contained in the circle of fifths and their relative minors (inside the circle there are the relative minors for each major scale - you cna figure them out by re-arranging the notes in each major scale by simply starting the scale from the relative minor. i.e C major = C D E F G A B C/ it's relative minor Aminor= A B C D E F G A)
- use this lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Triads..._Series_Part_1/ as an example of how you should harmonize ALL the scales above.
- that means you shall attach one chord to each step of a major scale after the following formula:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M m m M M m diminished M

As for ear training try the following:

- play a C note and then each note in the C major scale in turn like this - play one note than sing it than play the C note and so one
- play the C note and then JUST SING - no guitar involved - each note like above and then the C note, then another note from the C major scale

i.e. play C - play D, sing D. Play C - Play E, sing E
play C - Sing D, Play C - sing E

get these through as well as you can and let me know if there are questions wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 1 2012, 10:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
I found a good picture of this circle of fifths. C major, A minor has no flats, no sharps.
Then we go to G clockwise, were we have G major and E minor, one cross (sharp).
I also know the formula of the majors scale.

Then, I also know how to figure out each scale, but how can the circle of fifths help me in this other than I know which keys have certain crosses or flats?

Also cosmin check my PM and tell me what you think!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 1 2012, 11:15 AM
Instructor
Hey again Erik,

mastering the circle of fifths will offer good insight on how the scales are built and with the aid if the little exercise I have given you, when we pass on to arpeggios, you will already know what notes make them up as arpeggios are nothing more than chords played note by note.

If you want to play smart and always be aware of what you will play, you have to understand scales and know their notes. It's tedious but it will pay off, trust me smile.gif I'm suggesting this because you told me you want be aware of what you are playing.

wink.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 2 2012, 06:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Cosmin just one question
I will have a look at the lessons you linked to.

But do you have any plan for me to "figure" out this circle and the different major scales.

Well I know C major as you know, no crosses, no flats. I know the location of the root notes too.
Then I move on to the G scale. One cross, which is F#. I remebered that when I was a kid I played by notes and we played everything in G major.

Am I going to learn to play from G to G in the G major scale and know the location?

My Idea was to learn this only with the circle as help.
Which is, the difference is that its now F# instead of F, and its a G major scale, the root note is G. Then we go to D, 2 crosses. Now we also have C#, and root note D. And so on.

Or what did you have in mind?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 4 2012, 01:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 2 2012, 05:43 PM) *
Cosmin just one question
I will have a look at the lessons you linked to.

But do you have any plan for me to "figure" out this circle and the different major scales.

Well I know C major as you know, no crosses, no flats. I know the location of the root notes too.
Then I move on to the G scale. One cross, which is F#. I remebered that when I was a kid I played by notes and we played everything in G major.

Am I going to learn to play from G to G in the G major scale and know the location?

My Idea was to learn this only with the circle as help.
Which is, the difference is that its now F# instead of F, and its a G major scale, the root note is G. Then we go to D, 2 crosses. Now we also have C#, and root note D. And so on.

Or what did you have in mind?

Hey Erik! Mate the idea behind this, is to make you play chord forms in any scale at will and understand what notes make those chords up, so we can move on to arpeggios smile.gif

Using the circle only is what I had in mind, this is why I wrote all the steps in the previous post smile.gif take this exercise as a little recap of all your previous knowledge, let's say.

If you think you are already confident with these notions and can harmonize any scale at will, let me know, so we can move on to another level wink.gif

all the best

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 4 2012, 07:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
Im on the first lesson which contains root inversion.
So we start of with C-E-G and thats a C major chord.
Then we go with D-F-A which is a D minor chord.
Then E-G-B, E minor chord.
and so on

Do you always follow that formula in all keys?
Major, minor,minor,major,major,minor,diminished,major ?

So If I would try G now instead it would be:

G-B-A, G major, then it would be A-C-E, a minor?
and so on?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 4 2012, 09:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
I mean we have:

C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C
M-m-m-M-M-m-Dim-M

Is it then also in G major:

G-A-B-C-D-E-F#-G
M-m-mM-M-m-Dim-M

???

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 4 2012, 10:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 4 2012, 08:03 PM) *
I mean we have:

C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C
M-m-m-M-M-m-Dim-M

Is it then also in G major:

G-A-B-C-D-E-F#-G
M-m-mM-M-m-Dim-M

???

Precisely my friend wink.gif it's a very good exercise biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 4 2012, 11:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Cool, I see the connection now, will learn all parts and apply to maybe not all 14 but a few more keys to start with tongue.gif

Any theory behind why it becomes like this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 5 2012, 12:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 4 2012, 10:15 PM) *
Cool, I see the connection now, will learn all parts and apply to maybe not all 14 but a few more keys to start with tongue.gif

Any theory behind why it becomes like this?

Hey Erik! The idea is the following:

When you harmonize a scale you can only use notes belonging to that scale, so for example, in C major:

the note belonging to the second step is D and you can only use notes from the C major scale to make up that chord -> D minor (D F A) and so on with the rest of the chords which harmonize the scale smile.gif thus the formula we were talking about is created

hope this helps

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 6 2012, 11:52 AM
Learning Rock Star
the theory is kinda combing coming back, all the old stuff I learned togheter with new things smile.gif
But there is very much to learn, forming triads in every key.

Can we set up a learning plan or something? Learning to apply this in every key isnt done on one day!
I can now manage root inversion in C major, I have memorized the chords.
G major will be the next step right.
What do you say?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 7 2012, 12:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 6 2012, 10:52 AM) *
the theory is kinda combing coming back, all the old stuff I learned togheter with new things smile.gif
But there is very much to learn, forming triads in every key.

Can we set up a learning plan or something? Learning to apply this in every key isnt done on one day!
I can now manage root inversion in C major, I have memorized the chords.
G major will be the next step right.
What do you say?

Hey Erik smile.gif indeed, this is a lengthy process and I do believe we can slip some more stuff. I'd like to ask you first, how much time do you dedicate to the guitar each day?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 7 2012, 04:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 7 2012, 12:27 PM) *
Hey Erik smile.gif indeed, this is a lengthy process and I do believe we can slip some more stuff. I'd like to ask you first, how much time do you dedicate to the guitar each day?

I play for a teatcher at a local music school 1 h/week, also I will be reading theory there 1h/week starting next week smile.gif
This theory will however be different from what we are doing now, it will be more conservative its mostly for classical guitar, note reading etc but all theory is good theory smile.gif So we can keep doing what we do now!

It depends, usually 2h a day, now when I have decided to start practicing for real again. Sometimes 3-4 hours.
Im learning a few songs , doing some theory and working on my technique. Also working on my new song who alex feather and sinisa cekic helped me to get started with. I will also do a cover of the song "seven" I got help sorting out here on the forum in a collab with some other guy.
So I have plenty to do.

Well as I said when I started classical i got bored after a while I was not so old, but when I got my first electrical guitar it became my intrest #1.

I will also apply for a musicalproduction school, the only one in my country, it involves studio knowledge, and everything around it, but also instruments. My skills will be tested, I will also have to present something I have created, for example the song I am working on so I have plenty to do but the tests werent that hard. But this is one of the reasons I need to improve.
Also you will learn playing multiple instruments so my sister is also learning my piano, I will later on also learn drums and bass playing.

cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 8 2012, 11:32 AM
Instructor
Hey Erik,

judging a bit after all you told me tongue.gif you are involved into a lot of musical activities, which beats all in-house practicing and if you got 2 hrs to use each day, here's what i suggest:

30 minutes theory
30 minutes ear training
30 min dedicated to rhythm/ jamming
30 minutes dedicated to technique/ phrasing

the last 2 points are to be alternated from day to day, i.e. in one day you can focus on rhythm and technique and the next, on jamming and phrasing.

I shall be giving you different tasks every 2 weeks smile.gif consisting in GMC lessons based on the things above, how does this sound? Let me know and we shall get to it right away!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 9 2012, 05:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
We can do that smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 11 2012, 05:36 PM
Instructor
Alrighty Erik! Here are your first four assignments:

Rhythm:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-...t-Hand-Workout/ let me know if this one's too difficult, k?

Phrasing

Since you are a Marco fan, try this one tongue.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Modern...o-Marco-Sfogli/

I chose these two as they incorporate a lot of elements and they are a bit more difficult, but i want to push your playing up! Let me know if they are ok and we can start dealing with them. wink.gif

all the best

Cosmin

PS; if we have a green light with these, I shall give you a few tasks on legato and bending as they are incorporated in the Marco lesson biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 11 2012, 07:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
Good suggestions!
Got plenty to do. Would like to take a week of from pre-engineer school and just work on all the things I have to do on the guitar.
I will try, but I cant promise I will have time to record the lesson this month!

Also, the rythm lesson, will it be possible to play it in standard tuning, or will it be more difficult? I guess its possible if the song doesnt use the low E# string

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 12 2012, 09:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 11 2012, 06:35 PM) *
Good suggestions!
Got plenty to do. Would like to take a week of from pre-engineer school and just work on all the things I have to do on the guitar.
I will try, but I cant promise I will have time to record the lesson this month!

Also, the rythm lesson, will it be possible to play it in standard tuning, or will it be more difficult? I guess its possible if the song doesnt use the low E# string

Hey Erik , if you don't want to submit an official REC take of the lesson and you only want to record it in order for you to learn it and discuss it together, you can play it in E standard as well, but if you want to use it for the REC zone, you'll need to play it exactly as it is done in the original recording smile.gif

Let me know if I can help you further with this wink.gif

cheers

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 12 2012, 06:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
Drop C tuning in the Sfogli style song, why cosmin why? biggrin.gif
I am so lazy I dont want to tune my guitar down xD
but I guess I will have to for this awesome lesson!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 12 2012, 11:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
Did 2 hours theory today since it didnt play well today. feel comfortable harmonizing the C major and the G major scale, starting with G major soon then wink.gif
Also checking out the different colours of the chords and the theory behind them

also cosmin check out this rythm, Im thinking of learning that biggrin.gif dont have a 7 string though..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBjNmGW1Z_8...screen&NR=1

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Mar 12 2012, 11:28 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 13 2012, 09:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 12 2012, 10:18 PM) *
Did 2 hours theory today since it didnt play well today. feel comfortable harmonizing the C major and the G major scale, starting with G major soon then wink.gif
Also checking out the different colours of the chords and the theory behind them

also cosmin check out this rythm, Im thinking of learning that biggrin.gif dont have a 7 string though..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBjNmGW1Z_8...screen&NR=1

My GOD! This is awesome! I didn't notice he posted this one biggrin.gif well, it is tricky man - try the rhythm lesson I suggested, as it has elements which will help you out with this bit Marco plays here wink.gif

Glad to know the theory is going good! Keep me updated please wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 13 2012, 10:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 12 2012, 05:29 PM) *
Drop C tuning in the Sfogli style song, why cosmin why? biggrin.gif
I am so lazy I dont want to tune my guitar down xD
but I guess I will have to for this awesome lesson!

'Lazy' does not exist in my book Erik! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 13 2012, 11:33 AM
Learning Rock Star
Im thikning of using my fender as my drop tune guitar but it isnt as stable as the Ibanez.
Still I got sound issues with my Ibanez, I will record how it can sound and show you.

When you strike a string hard, at some frets on the B and G strings its almost like you hit an harmonic, it is a neck issue I think. It isnt the string height cause it ok now. I think the neck hit a bad poistion cause of the cold, now its warmer again so I will adjust the neck

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 14 2012, 09:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 13 2012, 10:33 AM) *
Im thikning of using my fender as my drop tune guitar but it isnt as stable as the Ibanez.
Still I got sound issues with my Ibanez, I will record how it can sound and show you.

When you strike a string hard, at some frets on the B and G strings its almost like you hit an harmonic, it is a neck issue I think. It isnt the string height cause it ok now. I think the neck hit a bad poistion cause of the cold, now its warmer again so I will adjust the neck

Hmmm, if I were in your stead, I would use the fender for dropped tuning biggrin.gif I absolutely love how a telecaster sounds in drop C wink.gif tried it already biggrin.gif

About the strings, hmmm, I also think it's a neck issue but, I must admit I have never confronted myself with such problems sad.gif let me know how things are going wink.gif and let's hear the recording!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 26 2012, 12:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
You can know wake me up inte the middle of the night and I can harmonize the C,G and D major scale.
Whats next, the third cross or the first flat? Continue moving clockwhise or what smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 26 2012, 01:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 26 2012, 11:45 AM) *
You can know wake me up inte the middle of the night and I can harmonize the C,G and D major scale.
Whats next, the third cross or the first flat? Continue moving clockwhise or what smile.gif

Hehehe! Nice mate! Continue clockwise, until the sharps become too many - you will notice that they will be cumbersome to work with when the idea of E sharp and B sharp will eventually appear biggrin.gif then you can transform that scale into one using flats - are you aware of the enharmonic relationships? How are you faring with the lessons?

rock on!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 26 2012, 01:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sorry for my english, what is "enharmonic"???
I havent started the lessons yet but I am thinking of drop tuning my Fender and dealing with them

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 26 2012, 01:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 26 2012, 12:36 PM) *
Sorry for my english, what is "enharmonic"???
I havent started the lessons yet but I am thinking of drop tuning my Fender and dealing with them

Enharmonic relationship appears between notes which basically sound the same but carry different musical value. Eb = D# this is what it's all about. Let's see the takes mate biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 26 2012, 01:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Aha, Yes I know, notes same in practice, but different in theory smile.gif
Well to be honest I just cant squeeze out any good distortion sound of my Fender, but I will try to make the track justice, more focusing of the theory and technical parts of the track rather than getting a good tone for them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 26 2012, 05:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
Cosmin I cant to the 1 1/4 bend on the D string on the marco lesson note dies out on my fender ohmy.gif
Also, do I read the tab wrong? do you make some unison bend in the beginning, it doesnt say so in the tab?

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Mar 26 2012, 05:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 26 2012, 08:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 26 2012, 04:10 PM) *
Cosmin I cant to the 1 1/4 bend on the D string on the marco lesson note dies out on my fender ohmy.gif
Also, do I read the tab wrong? do you make some unison bend in the beginning, it doesnt say so in the tab?

No man, in the beginning there's only a half tone bend on a single string biggrin.gif what sort of strings are you using on the Fender?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 27 2012, 10:09 AM
Learning Rock Star
0.10 thinnest string, I think the drop tuning ruined my bending a bit but the guitar is in need of a setup and I will only send my Ibanez for that. But I think I will work it out, it sounds really nice actually got a good sound to it.

Well I think I will work it out though, the song involves 30 min of my practice schedule today hope to learn it today, then of course I need more time to get it right 100 %.

Didnt get anything done yesterday but here is my schedule today.

30min Theory
30min IRL teatchers task (working on a song with some cool chords)
30min Learn last part of a song im transcribing
30min Cosmin lesson
After that, guitar free time biggrin.gif Where I Will work on my own song.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 27 2012, 10:29 AM
Instructor
Looks good Erik! Mate, bending with 11-56's in drop C has developed a lot of stamina and power in my hands so it's not bad exercise, unless you want quick results, which are not possible.

Let me know how it goes smile.gif

Cosmin

QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 27 2012, 09:09 AM) *
0.10 thinnest string, I think the drop tuning ruined my bending a bit but the guitar is in need of a setup and I will only send my Ibanez for that. But I think I will work it out, it sounds really nice actually got a good sound to it.

Well I think I will work it out though, the song involves 30 min of my practice schedule today hope to learn it today, then of course I need more time to get it right 100 %.

Didnt get anything done yesterday but here is my schedule today.

30min Theory
30min IRL teatchers task (working on a song with some cool chords)
30min Learn last part of a song im transcribing
30min Cosmin lesson
After that, guitar free time biggrin.gif Where I Will work on my own song.

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 27 2012, 05:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well I have been told sometimes, "how can you use such thick strings" and Im only using .10 I dont think that thick even, and they at the guitar tech are using .08 ohmy.gif cause it made tone bending and colouring much easier.

Well I dont agree with them I like thicker strings, maybe I should use .11 or should I stick to .10 ? When you get used to it you develop more strenght and bending is no problem.

Also cosmin, how do you play scales?

from the loose strings to the 5th fret I got printed in my head all the names of notes I can also read this not easily, when playing classical, jesus you played everything up there xD So there I play from C to C, G to G etc, but also the whole "box" to get every note included in the scale, which is quite an unorthodox way to learn scales, but I dont see anything wrong in playing the box

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Mar 27 2012, 05:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 27 2012, 06:10 PM
Instructor
Hey man smile.gif lighter strings are indeed better for coloring and articulation but the tone gets nicer with thicker strings wink.gif 0.10's are very good I think, but for drop C riffing stuff - 0.11 - 0.54 or 0.56 is much better.

Regarding scales, I usually can make my way through the notes, as I pretty much know them all over the neck, the most interesting part is experimenting with patterns and positions smile.gif this is a neverending journey man, I mean the more you find and experiment with your own ideas, the more able you will be to use them freely.

We can develop this further if you'd like smile.gif

Cosmin

QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 27 2012, 04:47 PM) *
Well I have been told sometimes, "how can you use such thick strings" and Im only using .10 I dont think that thick even, and they at the guitar tech are using .08 ohmy.gif cause it made tone bending and colouring much easier.

Well I dont agree with them I like thicker strings, maybe I should use .11 or should I stick to .10 ? When you get used to it you develop more strenght and bending is no problem.

Also cosmin, how do you play scales?

from the loose strings to the 5th fret I got printed in my head all the names of notes I can also read this not easily, when playing classical, jesus you played everything up there xD So there I play from C to C, G to G etc, but also the whole "box" to get every note included in the scale, which is quite an unorthodox way to learn scales, but I dont see anything wrong in playing the box

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 27 2012, 06:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Cosmin might I suggest a rythm/right hand focus lesson in Drop C instead of Siepens lesson? Since Id like to keep my fender in Drop C for a while, being overcareful with the neck..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 27 2012, 06:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 27 2012, 05:14 PM) *
Cosmin might I suggest a rythm/right hand focus lesson in Drop C instead of Siepens lesson? Since Id like to keep my fender in Drop C for a while, being overcareful with the neck..

Sure mate biggrin.gif Go for the Metal Metrics 4 wink.gif it's a good combo of riffing and articulation - you will have a lot of work with your strings biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 4 2012, 07:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/w-a-mo...-turkish-march/
Hey cosmin, i Had som luck my ibanez got the be brought to my countries ibanez tech and it will be fixed for free ohmy.gif
So I will only have my fender for I while and I have to have it in standart tuning all the time so cant finish this lessons this month sad.gif

So how about we work with the turkish march? Me and my sister (her on piano) will maybe play it live sometime have to learn it!
I have looked at it before but quit learning around 0:56. Not easy there! have to use a metronome, but didnt quite get the rythm and the beat to learn that part by metronome by some reason it became difficult.

I will do a quick record of what I got so far

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 4 2012, 09:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 4 2012, 06:51 PM) *
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/w-a-mo...-turkish-march/
Hey cosmin, i Had som luck my ibanez got the be brought to my countries ibanez tech and it will be fixed for free ohmy.gif
So I will only have my fender for I while and I have to have it in standart tuning all the time so cant finish this lessons this month sad.gif

So how about we work with the turkish march? Me and my sister (her on piano) will maybe play it live sometime have to learn it!
I have looked at it before but quit learning around 0:56. Not easy there! have to use a metronome, but didnt quite get the rythm and the beat to learn that part by metronome by some reason it became difficult.

I will do a quick record of what I got so far

Hey Erik smile.gif no problem mate - if you finish them and play them well, I am contempt. Let's see the recording of the Turkish March and see what we can do with it wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 4 2012, 10:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Coming up tomorrow, I learned the first part like 1 year ago, but that section i mentioned is just so hard, its so fluent, seems so easy.
Have tried practiced it with metronome but didnt get it right!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 5 2012, 12:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk9GHrhTiTA...h?v=Rk9GHrhTiTA
Hehe I missed that ending C two times.
Well needs to work on this part as well of course but I know have to lay focus on the part that comes right after.
I can play it 100 % but its not clean at all and you loose yourself in the song after a few seconds u know what im talking about wink.gif

playing it on the 100 bpm track is fine though. So how will I practice this the best way?

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Apr 5 2012, 12:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 5 2012, 02:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 5 2012, 11:43 AM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk9GHrhTiTA...h?v=Rk9GHrhTiTA
Hehe I missed that ending C two times.
Well needs to work on this part as well of course but I know have to lay focus on the part that comes right after.
I can play it 100 % but its not clean at all and you loose yourself in the song after a few seconds u know what im talking about wink.gif

playing it on the 100 bpm track is fine though. So how will I practice this the best way?

hey mate this sounds good and your movements seem very economic! there are a few notes which are not distinguishable due to the fact that you rushed through them a bit. I think that you have to slow down a bit and get EVERYTHING as tight and accurate as possible and then speed up smile.gif anyway, it's a difficult lesson and I think you are doing a very good job so far!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 5 2012, 02:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
I use a kind of unorthodox method I slow down the backing track instead of using a metronome ohmy.gif
Right now at 70 % at the hard part going for 75 tommorrow.

Its not like extreme neoclassical speedwise but it is so fluent at that part and requiers some real picking stamina = my weakness.

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Apr 5 2012, 02:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 6 2012, 07:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 5 2012, 01:14 PM) *
I use a kind of unorthodox method I slow down the backing track instead of using a metronome ohmy.gif
Right now at 70 % at the hard part going for 75 tommorrow.

Its not like extreme neoclassical speedwise but it is so fluent at that part and requiers some real picking stamina = my weakness.

Mate, I think stamina is more difficult to tackle than actual speed, so yeah, I can totally feel you smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 7 2012, 12:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
It may be morning but I cant play turkish march at all today and yesterday night I played the hard part on 75 % speed

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 7 2012, 03:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well then there is something called warmup biggrin.gif
I will mark in bold where I think I scew up sometimes:

-9-10-9-7-|-----7--------------------------------|
----------|--10---10-9-7-10-9-7-6-7-9-6----------|
----------|-----------------------------6-8-10-6-|
----------|--------------------------------------|

S S S S S S S S S S S
---------------------7-9-8-9-
-----------9-10-9-10---------
--11-10-11-------------------
-----------------------------
d-u--d-u-u-d
We have in the start: 9-10-9-7---7

You see? econmy picking there is maybe no the best, I should do alternates there instead.
As you can see in my vid I use economy while descending to higher strings.

But I think alternate picking for that part is the best.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 9 2012, 09:16 AM
Instructor
Hey Erik! I am not too much of a fan of economy picking, so yes I would go for AP myself, but it depends on what you feel like. What feels comfier for you and also brings out the desired result? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 12 2012, 09:23 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Comsin.
I can get this guitar: http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_horizon_nt_bk.htm
for only 1000 euros.

It is a new product, how might have a scratch somewhere, but it is in new condition and has all guarantees?
What do you think?

I will sell my Fender and get this one instead.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 12 2012, 10:05 AM
Instructor
Hey Erik, the axe looks spiff but, I would keep the Fender, if I could biggrin.gif is there any way in which you can keep the Fender and buy the ESP?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 12 2012, 11:47 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yes its too bad selling it really its a nice american made instrument. But I doesnt play well anymore. Using the whammy bar get it out of tune etc. It feels like my ibanez can do everything better than the fender.Also the pickups are really nothing special its as stock as It can be.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 12 2012, 11:53 AM
Instructor
Mate, you know best, so go ahead and sell it if that is your heart's desire smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 12 2012, 08:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
I made the deal for the guitar. Dont know about the fender though smile.gif
I will record something for the Night collab with the new guitar I hope tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 13 2012, 08:33 AM
Instructor
Great man! biggrin.gif Always glad to have you onboard! How is everything going with the practicing? smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 13 2012, 11:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Its going well mostly doing theory now when I dont have my IBanez and awaiting my new guitar.
Im thinking maybe I could learn some chord progressions (which I havent learned so much of) meanwhile while harmonising and learning scales and I could make some backings and improvise I would learn much at once then
What do you think

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 14 2012, 11:05 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Sure thing! for this kind of stuff I TOTALLY recommend picking up famous songs from all the big bands and figuring out the chord progressions. Start with the Beatles biggrin.gif hey, why don't you pick up 5 Beatles songs which you like and we can discuss the chord progressions! What do you say?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 17 2012, 10:12 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yes I can pick out a few songs, just a question.
Well soon I will get my new guitar and my Ibanez back, which one should I use for drop tuning for your lessons?
The Ibanez will have thinner strings than the ESP I think.

Anyway Im kind of careful with the neck, tuning it down and up again doesnt it hurt the neck?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 17 2012, 05:59 PM
Instructor
Usually, the one having a fixed bridge is always better to downtune wink.gif I don't like using floyds anymore, frankly biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 17 2012, 07:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
My new guitar will have a fixed bridge wink.gif I have never played a guitar with a fixed bridge before lol tongue.gif
anyway cosmin will have to interupt my praticing to work with my new songs + mixing them.
I will need to be done before april the 30th. The most important is to get a decent mix, not a pro mix of course but im leaving them in for a test, so I might redo the songs properly later with some more inovative guitar playing. I wont rush them though.

Hope you can help me, your mixing skills will be more than enough to help me I guess. Its just some basic mixing that needs to be done smile.gif

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Apr 17 2012, 07:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 18 2012, 10:20 AM
Instructor
hey Erik!

I usually don't use any secret ingredient smile.gif but here's what I do:

- take care to make all the tracks defined and audible in the mix (recording as clean as possible will help A LOT and taking care that the volumes are balanced among themselves)
- add compressions to the guitar tracks
- double the riff tracks
- add reverb or delay on the melodies or solos

That's pretty much what I am doing smile.gif

Hope it helps mate

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Apr 18 2012, 10:21 AM

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 18 2012, 01:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Okey well I have done some things to my track you mentioned above smile.gif
I will have to add and EQ in reaper though it would be good for the tests I dont know how to use one smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 19 2012, 12:00 PM
Instructor
I think the tube helps a lot man, that little AMT machine has done a big deal of recording for me smile.gif and I never added any EQ on top of the actual tone from the recording.

I have no connection to AMT whatsoever in terms of endorsement or dealing and all that, but I really recommend it, both stage and home smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 20 2012, 09:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
Is there a compressor and sustainer built in reaper?
And what AMT? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 21 2012, 12:11 PM
Instructor
Hey Erik! I have no experience with the Reaper, but I found this:

and this

http://mixingtips.org/forum/mixing-tips-%2...sion-in-reaper/

regarding the AMT:

http://amtelectronicsusa.com/productpagess20.html

wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 28 2012, 07:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi cosmin. Been in germany for a few days.
Can you help me out with my new song idea? I attatched it to this post.

Its supposed to be a happy instrumental rock song, with a real summer feel.
I have some ideas regarding the rythm and the starting solo line.

I dont know what chords I should use though and in the rythm you can hear the playing between the chords I am not really sure how to get them to fit in could you help me out?

Then the song should change between that and some chords that are picked, and I could play some pentatonic over that.
Cheers

Attached File(s)
Attached File  newsongidea.mp3 ( 639.59K ) Number of downloads: 115

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 30 2012, 11:07 AM
Learning Rock Star
cosmin? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 30 2012, 07:10 PM
Instructor
Hey mate, didn't forget about ya smile.gif I was thinking that, you could do something a bit Satriani oriented, as a feel I'd say, I took my time before answering this as I wanted to come up with some ideas for ya smile.gif

I'll think of something and be back with some ideas, k?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 1 2012, 11:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
okey thanks comsin

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 2 2012, 05:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well the most difficult thing would be to choose a good chord progression.
For example in a marco sfogli song i transcribed, which has some satriani influences, he used:

E, D, C#, C# playing the notes (D,C#,A) E(hammering on an A note), D, C#, A, B.
Then he played some pentatonics over two chords.

Very cool progression, but I dont know really which one.
He played in E. So we have I=E, IV= A VI=C#, B=V, but D doesnt belong?

Then, do you need to play only the chord notes, or can you play any notes in the E major scale togheter with that chord?
I want to play the E chord, then B-G-A-B

This post has been edited by ElHombre: May 2 2012, 05:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 6 2012, 12:35 PM
Instructor
Hey Erik! You can play any note belonging to the E major scale if the progression is based on chords harmonizing the E major scale. Now the note choice depends on you smile.gif

If we stick to this idea, the progression you suggested E B G A B should have the G#minor chord rather than the G chord. G#minor is formed on the 3rd step of the E major chord.

Basically, you should first start with a melody and a chord progression smile.gif This one for instance (the chord progression above) - what sort of a melodic theme would you come up with over it? If you want that summer feel (Satriani's Summer Song for instance tongue.gif) you should try something super catchy.

My suggestion is: record these chords and make a loop out of them. Then start singing all sorts of lines in your head until you find one which you are satisfied with. NO NOT stop smile.gif at the first idea biggrin.gif this will be the nasty part as it may seem that it can take forever, but trust me, this is a sure footed way to get your melodic sense and compositional skills sharpened smile.gif

Would you like to try this?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 6 2012, 01:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for a informative answer!
I use power chords with added octave. you cant really do minor power chord.

I start of with E and move to B, sound good. But I dont know about the G#minor since i can use power chord there.

-------------------------------------------
---------12-9--10--12-------------------
-9-9--------------------------7---------
-9-9--------------------------7-------G#minor?---
-7--7-------------------------5---------
---------------------------------------

Can you use C# chord instead or something? Or shall we pick another key
I think I want to use D major instead now that I think of it

This post has been edited by ElHombre: May 6 2012, 01:18 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 8 2012, 05:44 PM
Instructor
Hey Erik, of course you can play a minor power chord - I mean I like to call them like that - check this out:

D-------7---
A-------3---
E-------5---

you can look at this as a minor power chord - if you add distortion smile.gif the 5th doesn't matter that much, so we can exclude and replace it with a minor 3rd smile.gif have you tried using these?

If we would switch to the D major scale your progression would become D A F#m G A nothing bad with this but if we stick to the E B G#m A B in the E major scale, you can use open string chords which would suit the 'summer feel' purpose way better than the D major wink.gif

What say you?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 9 2012, 11:57 AM
Learning Rock Star
Okay lets go with e minor. I have an idea using open strings, playing them, using only two chords and playing pentatonic over it. The backing will change between those two forms. Well Im sometimes bad explaining in english, I will record and show instead.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 9 2012, 12:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
So then a G#minor power chord would be G#,B,G#?

D--6---
A--2---
E--4---

This post has been edited by ElHombre: May 9 2012, 12:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 9 2012, 02:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
And wait, one more thing.
I had a D in my progression, I wrote the wrong chord I think.
Should be E, D, C#m,A,B something like that,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 10 2012, 08:29 AM
Instructor
Hey mate - yes, the G#minor chord looks like that. You'd help loads if you'd show me what you mean, because out of what I understood, the whole progression was in E major not minor smile.gif

let me know wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 10 2012, 05:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
Of course, in the Key of E Major smile.gif
So I did som recording, you here the first chord, E and then G. The third chord???? I dont know which one, nothing really sounds correct hehe.
So to these chords I need a third one, with a similar variation between it.

Well, you see in my progression, I skipped one chord And went to play E, D, A as an ending!
Baam baam -di da di di, baam baam di di di di, (skipped chord) bam, bam bam. What is that chord supposed to be?
And of course if necessary change the chords a bit, but I want to keep that idea.

Also, in the end of the file I added another backing idea, My idea is to switch between the first and second idea. I just use E and D in the second, I can play some pentatonics over that, kinda of rock. Maybe I will do them open instead.

Well I might not be the easiest student to work with here tongue.gif
But I hope you understand now smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  songideasv2.mp3 ( 596.33K ) Number of downloads: 119

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 12 2012, 01:05 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif I tried it and I would play it like this:

E (lick) D (lick) D/ C#
E D A A/G# A

I think I'll try and record a version for you wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 12 2012, 02:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Cosmin! I am really so bad at Chord progressions.
However Its going well with the other theory work I am working on, hope we can start on arpeggios and a month or somth smile.gif
cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 19 2012, 06:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
So I am back again smile.gif Now when the tests are over I can start focusing on guitar now again.
It would be very cool if you made a recording, would help a lot smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2012, 07:37 PM
Instructor
Hey Erik, welcome back mate - sure thing biggrin.gif here you are wink.gif

What do you think?

Cosmin

Attached File(s)
Attached File  ElHombre_Summer.mp3 ( 456.63K ) Number of downloads: 180

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 21 2012, 04:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks a lot cosmin! That will certainly help me! Did you use the chords? E (lick) D (lick) D/ C#
E D A A/G# A

cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 21 2012, 04:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ May 21 2012, 03:01 PM) *
Thanks a lot cosmin! That will certainly help me! Did you use the chords? E (lick) D (lick) D/ C#
E D A A/G# A

cheers

Ha! Precisely tongue.gif but I added a D sus4 in here -> E lick D Lick D/C# Dsus4 wink.gif

hope this will fire your song up!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 21 2012, 04:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 21 2012, 03:21 PM) *
Ha! Precisely tongue.gif but I added a D sus4 in here -> E lick D Lick D/C# Dsus4 wink.gif

hope this will fire your song up!

Cosmin

Yes this was very helpful! I will raise the tempo and play it a little different.
So which chord were power chords? Did you take the dsus4 as an open chord?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 21 2012, 04:31 PM
Instructor
Nono biggrin.gif Dsus4 was taken like this:

------x
------x

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 21 2012, 05:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
That C# chord cosmin do you take it like this?

G--------6--------
D-------6--------
A-------4--------
E--------------

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 21 2012, 05:46 PM
Instructor
No no smile.gif like this:

x477xx - it's a D/ C# k?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 25 2012, 09:20 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin, time to start practice serioustly for me now, I have lots of time for guitar now.
So we were working on theory remember? Well I have learnt the first 4 # up to E major, and im beginning on the flats, thinking of learning up to the 4 th. I have not started singing the notes yet, shall I start to do that?

I can come up with an effective methode to learning the names of the notes. The most effective one is reading notes, I did it when playing classical, but I only played up to the 5 th fret, so the notes above I dont know very well, I have to think to know them.
What methode did you use?

Also regarding harmonizing, the most important thing maybe is learning the names of the notes that make the certain chord up rather than the position?

And the lessons, I should work with them right? So I go with my ESP for drop tuning then.
Also I will work on my new song, but that is free time wink.gif
cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 25 2012, 03:39 PM
Instructor
Aloha Erik! biggrin.gif

Let's take them one at a time wink.gif

Singing the notes is crucial my friend, it'll make a huge difference in time smile.gif so YES, DO START RIGHT AWAY!

About learning the notes smile.gif I liked to know what I was playing so I simply broke down the passages i was learning, be it chords, melodies, riffs, whatever and analyzed them on the neck - in time, I realized I knew what was where biggrin.gif

Regarding harmonizing - YES! That's the way to do it smile.gif positions help you in the visual direction, but knowing the notes will allow you to play those chords everywhere wink.gif

Now, with the lessons, sure man! Can't wait to see some drop tuned meanness from you biggrin.gif

let's rock!!

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: May 25 2012, 03:40 PM

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 27 2012, 07:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYM864IOTs8
marco sfogli on jamtrackcentral wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

28 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 07:33 AM