Ik Multimedia T-racks 3, Master Demo On Iron Maiden Tune, Pretty good mastering suite
The Uncreator
Jun 16 2011, 11:37 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator

Picked this up a bit ago and I have been messing around with it, It's a mastering suite/ plug-in that is aimed for high-end in house mastering/ mixing. Its also aimed at slightly more experienced users, which is one of the reasons I wanted to get it, to test out how much I have really learned.

Below is a demo of Iron Maiden's "Can I Play With Madness" which I am covering for fun, and to get myself back into recording and such, a small reboot of inspiration. Vocals aren't recorded yet, but the music is all there. I've rearranged the chords, tempos, and instruments to have a bit of fun with it (might be hard to recognize at first). The first bit that plays is the strict mix version, right after that is my first attempt using T-RackS 3, both bits are only about 30 seconds. In which, I am running the Linear Phase EQ, Opto Compressor (which works great), the "Vintage" EQ after that, and a limiter.

So far I am only using it to define the mix better, brighten it up, bring it to a decent volume level, and create some clarity. All the touches are subtle, no band or frequency range is altered by more than 1.5db mostly, and with just a few of these little touches in the right spot, I think it came out pretty good.

Note: Keep your speaker volume at the same level for both listens to see the change best.

Attached File  Can_I_Play_With_Madness__MasterDemo3_.wav ( 14.51MB ) Number of downloads: 168

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:13 PM