> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Petr's Thread, for Gab's Army
petr
Aug 15 2016, 05:20 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMW-Cg7ttNc

Petr

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 15 2016, 07:51 PM
Instructor
Hey Petr! Good job with the bending lesson!

I think that your practice is giving really good results. I think that 70% of the bends are reaching the correct pitch, and most of the ones that aren't are ok when you repeat them on this one. For example, the first time you do the double string bend, it doesn't sound on pitch, but then as the idea is repeated to make it sound more and more precise.

So this means that you just need to continue practising in order to make your bending technique more regular. You just need to make it more and more natural, and this will happen with diary practice.

Keep the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
petr
Aug 17 2016, 11:16 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,

so here are some takes to share:

- just another take of the bending lesson
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/bending20160817?in=petr-14/sets/20160517a

- then I recorded a take of the Voice lesson just to see if I can still play it smile.gif
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/voice201600817?in=petr-14/sets/20160517a

- the improvisation over bending lesson
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/impro20160817?in=petr-14/sets/20160517a

I know it is not perfect but i feel I need to move to something else, getting bit bored on this one smile.gif

Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 18 2016, 11:41 PM
Instructor
Ok! We can consider assignment 1 passed with 7 coins. The bending lesson sounds very good, it only has some timing issues but the bends are really good! The voice lesson shows issues on most of the bends, it's weird. The improvisation is ok, for any reason it reflects some boredom vibes... maybe because you are getting bored of this assignment! hahah laugh.gif

Let's move forward!

ASSIGNMENT #2:

Goals:

- A minor scale improvisation.
- Expressing techniques

TASK 1:

- Work on this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Simple-Aminor-Soloing/

TASK 2:

- Improvise of the backing of that lesson using A minor scale all over the neck. Use slides, bending, vibrato and different dynamics.

Exam and deadline:

By August 30th you'll have to share 2 videos:

- A video playing Simple A minor Soloing (5 coins)
- A video improvising over the backing track (5 coins)

Each of this videos will be evaluated (check the coins value below). You need to get at least 7 coins to pass. If you pass, we can continue, if you don't you will have a second "call".

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Aug 19 2016, 02:34 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
thanks for that, I will do my best. But I usually work on lessons level 2 for couple of weeks, so I do not think I can do level 4 that quickly :-) Actually i have not done any level 4 yet smile.gif
Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 19 2016, 04:14 PM
Instructor
Ok! What if we change if for this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Red-Ho...-Peppers-Style/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Aug 31 2016, 11:16 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
I decided to go with the Ami soloing lesson, it seems to be a logical continuing for the previous bending lesson and improvisation.
As first step I worked on each part individually, checked the timing, picking and the details which Darius pointed out.
Now I recorded a slow take of the entire lesson played over Darius's track, just to show you where I am. I know there are many issues, I just wanted to share something, it has been a while since I have started on it.

https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/ami-soloing

Petr

This post has been edited by petr: Aug 31 2016, 11:17 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 1 2016, 02:11 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr! I think that you have done the right choice going for the original suggestion. I think that this is going much better than what you've expected. This starts to sound tight at this tempo, and that's very promising. Another wise idea is to practice it over the original take, since it really helps as a guide for your timing and bending.

I could consider this assignment passed, but I feel that it would be better if you dedicate 1 week more to this lesson, what do you think?
I don't mean that you'll master it at normal tempo in one week, but I think that you will be able to keep it in your diary practice and then start on a new task.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Sep 1 2016, 03:07 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
of course I would like to stay on it with the aim to pass with it on the REC section.
What you are saying makes perfect sense. So I will spend another week on it and then we will adjust my practice schedule, I think I should include some rhythm lesson.
In the last month since the first assignment I have tried something new to me anyway - dedicate entire practice time to one thing only.
Also I did not forget about the improvisation for this backing, Im working on it smile.gif

Thanks,
Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2016, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Excellent! We have a deal! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Sep 3 2016, 03:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
please can you check the recordings over Darius's track at original speed?

https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/ami-soloing20160903-3

this is the same take just with my track stronger in the mix
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/ami-soloing20160903-3a

Thanks Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 3 2016, 03:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr! Good job man! This is getting close! Please continue practicing with this elements in mind:

- Bending (Be careful of the pitches)
- Timing (There are some moments in which you are not going tight with the backing)
- Vibrato

I think that now that you know the rhythm of each phrase, you could start practising this one a bit also over the backing track.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Sep 6 2016, 12:06 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
I thought I would share a video so you can see where I'm. I know the bend at 0:52 is bad )-:

Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 6 2016, 06:27 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, great to see you playing this one over the backing track. I can detect the same issues than in the previous version, but this time it was trickier since you didn't have the reference of the instructor.

Once again, there are many bends (not only the one at 00:52) that aren't reaching the perfect pitch, and there are timing issues, mostly with the phrases that connect melodies (faster parts). This are the two main thing to improve, then finally vibrato.

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Sep 8 2016, 10:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
here is another one, after spending a lot of time on it Im unsure if it is any better.

Edit:
I just posted another take to the REC, far from being perfect but I think I need to work on something else at least for while smile.gif

Thanks Petr

This post has been edited by petr: Sep 10 2016, 02:44 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2016, 05:46 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr! Yes, this new take shows improvements regarding timing and the pitch of your bends. There is more room to work on this one but I think that it's ok to start with new stuff. You can keep this one in your diary practice, and play it once or twice every day just to don't forget it and slowly polish it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Oct 30 2016, 09:07 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
please can you check this take of the Metal for beginners lesson?

Thanks Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 1 2016, 01:43 AM
Instructor
Hi mate, this sounds better but there is still work to do in order to adjust timing issues (small ones at 0:08, 0:10, 0:13, 0:27, etc) and also make some riffs starting at 00:53, and from there to the end, sound clearer. I think that there are fingers pressure and / or hands sync issues in this parts.

By the way, this problems are much smaller now, so I think that you are getting closer.

Keep on the good job.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Nov 3 2016, 12:43 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
here is another one, please can you check it?

Thanks Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 3 2016, 01:37 PM
Instructor
A lot better mate! This one has some little timing issues here and there (for example at 00:49, and at 00:52) and you also need to make the last riff sound tighter, since it sounds a bit sloppy. The overall is much better, congrats.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:26 PM