> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

B.B's Blues, Lesson By Chris Harrington
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Timmez
Mar 17 2016, 11:48 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: B.B's Blues by Chris Harrington

Hey Guys, Here my first take of this lesson. Greetz Tim

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Darius Wave
Mar 19 2016, 03:04 PM
Instructor
Hey Tim!

First of all at some points I have a feeling not everything is in perfect pitch and I mean the fret intonation, not the bends. What I like about your take is that there is no annoying noise - you keep things nice and clean.

you tone is not a best choice for this one. It does not translate your dynamics well enough - it's too muddy. Also it tends to have sort of "line in" treble response. For this kind of blues playing we usually like brighter tone, especially if you have a guitar with humbucker pickup on the neck. This time gain amount is even quite proper for the lesson but I would definitely do more research for a better amp type or cab simulation.

At 0:07 you overbend the note - in original lesson it's a half step bend while we can clearly hear a major third 9wholestep bend) in your take. Right after it there is a wide and fast vibrated note. In your case something weird happens - you finger motion looks more vibrated than the sound it gives smile.gif I mean you probably do not press the string enough so it almost stays in the same pitch.

At 0:14 you should holde the bend note a little longer so it lay over another note just for a miliseconds.

Blues lessons are ultra hard. There are tons of details happening to each note but from the other sie it's a great workshop for your dynamics and feel. Keep up the good work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 21 2016, 04:26 AM
Instructor
Hi tflava,

This lesson definitely needs more practice, but it's a good idea to share a take here to let us mark which are the things that require your attention during the next days of practice. Here are the most important things:

- tuning: I think that your guitar is not perfectly tuned. Remember to check tuning before you record.

- bending: this is one of the techniques that are still not consistent. There are several bends that aren't reaching the right pitches, for examples at 00:06, 00:14, 00:16, 00:29, 00:31, 00:36, 00:42, 00:44.

- slides: This lesson includes many slides and I can notice that you are not playing them strong and tight enough. Isolate them and get more familiar with this important embellishment.

- vibrato: this technique also deserves some attention so dedicate some time to hear the original lesson and emulate how vibrato is treated.

That's all by now, keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 26 2016, 06:48 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim, you continue to surprise me with how hard you're willing to work at honing your craft!

Blues is a hard discipline, despite often sounding laid back and simplistic. In reality, it requires tons of attention to small details.

As the lads have said, your ongoing practise will want to continue to improve:

-Bending. Your getting more confident at it now but keep going. Pitch control and finger strength will improve with more work

-Vibrato. Same story as bending. Takes perhaps longer to mature fully but can only improve with more time spent on it

-Hand synchronisation. You're much better at this these days but as you start to encounter intricate lines it will test you again so always keep this aspect high in your practise too.

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 28 2016, 01:03 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 5.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:19 PM