Effects, what do you think
BRETTNESS
Feb 23 2013, 02:59 PM
GMC:er
how to do you guys rate the following effects.

distortion- whampler triple wreck
od- kalamazoo gold
od- talons- earth qauakers device
chorus- corona
delay- tc electronic alter ego
booster. ep booster xotic effects
xotic effects- SP compressor

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 23 2013, 04:49 PM
The only one I 'own' is the xotic EP booster. I love it, so I rate it very high.

I own pedals but other models by all of those builders except Earthquake devices. Based on the one's I have I would certainly buy another from the same company based on my satisfaction and past experience.
*I have several 'Lovepedals', a TC 'Flashback' delay, Wampler 'ego' compressor and Xotic 'EP' and 'BB' preamp. All great IMO!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 26 2013, 06:53 PM
Of all of these, I'd say the XOTIC SP COMPRESSOR is a great purchase. If you get it, you don't need the EP BOOSTER. It does the same thing and has a dial in compressor which is just a killer option. That way you can blend in some compression and keep your original signal. As far as OD goes, I"m sure those are fine, but if you are going to spend that kind of money, maybe look in to a Keeley Modded Ibanez Tube Screamer. Just hard to beat as far as OD goes. Or dig around for an original Maxon 808 OD. Considered by many to be the Holy Grail. Of course, if you win the lottery, get a Gold Klon Centaur (but get ready to spend $1,000 or more for that)

Todd

QUOTE (BRETTNESS @ Feb 23 2013, 08:59 AM) *
how to do you guys rate the following effects.

distortion- whampler triple wreck
od- kalamazoo gold
od- talons- earth qauakers device
chorus- corona
delay- tc electronic alter ego
booster. ep booster xotic effects
xotic effects- SP compressor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 27 2013, 09:43 AM
Instructor
I have heard a lot of good things about Xotic Effects - especially about the BB preamp - the one used by Andy Timmons - but aside from that, I have no clue what to tell you about the rest of the pedals. I use a Suhr Shiba Drive for boosting my tone and i am very, very happy with it smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:14 PM