Bending Without Noise, help with bending technique
dustoff75
Mar 15 2007, 08:25 PM
GMC:er
I'm having a hard time getting a clean bend. I guess I'm hitting my fingers into the string above the one I'm bending. Is this just a matter of muting the strings above and possibly below the bended string with the right hand? If so muting seems to be much harder than the actual bend. I know this seems kind of basic but I just want to make sure I'm using the correct technique.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
browq
Mar 15 2007, 08:48 PM
GMC:er
You are using the correct technique

When bending a note, You mute the string above with your right hand. I sometimes still have some string noise from the string below But you can try to mute that string with the same finger you are doing the bend with. I use this technique and it works well for me

Hope this helped

Good Luck

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:40 PM