2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Err Deciding Between 2 Amps Never Was So Hard!, Blackstar ht-5 or the Peavey Vypyr 60
Buddha Long
Jul 14 2009, 11:41 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (JVM @ Jul 8 2009, 01:30 AM) *
Another option you might want to look into is Carvin. They make a nice combo amp called the Vintage 16 that is superbly toned and pretty loud. You would probably be just fine using it in a practice/jamming situation, especially so if you wanted to get a cab for it to expand the 112.

Anyway, read the specs on it and listen to it. They have clips on the website ("jam room") and there are some good ones on Youtube. It is called the "vintage" 16, but it is a vintage I think you would like Marc smile.gif

I believe Carvin has a store in Sacramento, if they don't stock them in a shop closer to you.

I've always had problems with Carvin - both the heads and the speakers. I've owned a big Carvin Bass amp and cabinet and an amp for keyboards but started having problems pretty quickly. A roommate in college also had a Carvin guitar amp that he was always fixing. They give you a lot for your money but if it breaks down in the middle of a gig your screwed. With that said, I've had trouble with Peavey as well - just not as often.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jul 15 2009, 01:59 AM
Instructor
I tried that Blackstar and it works amazing. Don't know about the other one. I am quite sure if you go for HT-5 you won't be dissapointed. I agree that you should try both

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:32 PM