Can You Hear The Differences? (reverb Test)
Mertay
Dec 2 2020, 08:06 PM
GMC:er
So in a pro audio forum section someone commented he couldn't hear differences specifically with hall reverbs.

I recommended listening to them at the same level, then for the fun of it made these examples (they are all loudness matched). They are different hall presets from various reverb plug-ins. I only tried to match the wet/dry and tail length, so the character differences wouldn't be misunderstood. Let me know if you have a preference too smile.gif

Just download and paste them to your music player. There's also a clean sample for comparison;

https://gofile.io/d/vRmiqK

List of reverbs and presets I selected in them;

Acon Digital Verberate 2; large hall natural
Voxengo crtiv reverb 2; Default
UVI Sparkverb; Concert
ValhallaRoom; Largehall
Toneboosters reverb; hall lush reverb
Relab lx480; Boston hall A
Fabfilter pro-r; Concert hall Sydney
Exponential audio Phoenixverb; lge Rear hall
Exponential audio R4; Lrg Back hall
Eventide Ultrareverb; 480esue large hall

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Dec 2 2020, 08:45 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
klasaine
Dec 5 2020, 04:44 AM
I think I'm going to get the Valhalla Plate. I really love the 'plate' texture around a note.
I don't really do anything where I need huge reverbs (or delays). In fact everything I record here at home for other people - all they want is my 'dry' sound, no effects.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 5 2020, 10:21 AM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Dec 5 2020, 03:44 AM) *
I think I'm going to get the Valhalla Plate. I really love the 'plate' texture around a note.
I don't really do anything where I need huge reverbs (or delays). In fact everything I record here at home for other people - all they want is my 'dry' sound, no effects.

Makes sense, its usually risky to get a wet track as all kinds of changes happen to a production along the way.

I open val. plate almost instantly when needing plate but didn't compare it to other stuff to be honest, must also test this sometime biggrin.gif but out of curiosity I checked the discounts going on today, the only thing I found more affordable which can be an option was the waves abbey plate. I like waves reverbs but don't use them cause waves central software, their wup etc. read too much complaints on their business model.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:06 AM