Swing Recommendations ?
chast
Jan 7 2008, 05:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey,

I've never listened to swing, really, but I recognized that I like that swingy/groovy music smile.gif
But I dont know any bands sad.gif

Could you recommend me some ? With guitar would be great, but it also would work without a guitar wink.gif

Greets Max

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 7 2008, 05:12 PM
Instructor
Once more mind reader wink.gif
I finished nice swing rhythm lesson few days ago,
should be published soon.

And there are just toooo many artists so I can't point at any at the moment ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
chast
Jan 7 2008, 05:14 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 7 2008, 05:12 PM) *
Once more mind reader wink.gif
I finished nice swing rhythm lesson few days ago,
should be published soon.

And there are just toooo many artists so I can't point at any at the moment ohmy.gif

I am getting scared of myself, I dont want to be a mindreader blink.gif
A lesson is great aswell, now I only have to wait for it smile.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jan 7 2008, 07:13 PM
The Dark Canuck
Hey Chast,

In the '90's there was a bit of a "swing revival" of sorts with bands like Cherry Poppin Daddies, Squirrel Nut Zippers, The Brian Seltzer Orchestra, and Colin James. All pretty good bands to check out.

I'd also check out some of the "Big Band" guys too from the 30's and 40's like Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Benny Goodman, Cab Calloway, Glenn Miller and Buddy Rich. All great smile.gif

+Quote Post
chast
Jan 7 2008, 07:29 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jan 7 2008, 07:13 PM) *
Hey Chast,

In the '90's there was a bit of a "swing revival" of sorts with bands like Cherry Poppin Daddies, Squirrel Nut Zippers, The Brian Seltzer Orchestra, and Colin James. All pretty good bands to check out.

I'd also check out some of the "Big Band" guys too from the 30's and 40's like Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Benny Goodman, Cab Calloway, Glenn Miller and Buddy Rich. All great smile.gif

Ok thank you rokchik smile.gif
Going to check some out smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 7 2008, 07:51 PM
Instructor
Great lick Rok,specially cause of Setzer biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Muris: Jan 7 2008, 07:52 PM

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jan 8 2008, 05:29 AM
GMC:er
isnt Frank Sinatra jazz swing vocalist? I do like him though so get his My Way greatest hits album.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:17 AM