20 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Project Quadrium Riff/lyric Ideas, share our riff/lyric ideas here
Gitarrero
Feb 11 2011, 10:53 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I know how impatient you guys are wink.gif so here are two new ideas.
I tuned the guitar down one half step! Hope you like it so far, I'm sure we can make one or two songs out of these ideas.
Christian

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 12 2011, 01:48 AM
GMC:er
I think I mispoke myself! I meant the titles we could use the titles on TRACK 2. I think Dokugan probably already has an idea for the title on SONG 1 as he wrote it smile.gif

I dig your new licks wink.gif I really like the second one! It's got a Iron Maiden feel to it. Can you make guitar pro files for both of them for reference and our file stash for song 2?

As for vocals, I wasn't saying we should replace anybody, just saying that as this is a collaborative type project, we could have several singers come in and work on a particular track at a time or several at once. We have the entire user base and internet to pick from so I say the more the merrier smile.gif We are probably not going to "tour" with this lineup so it is a good opportunity to work with as many talented folks as possible.

Sort of goes back to what I was saying about ideas in a previous post. I really believe in keeping the creative process as open as possible. WHen I was starting out I used to be very guarded about my music/songs/lyrics etc. as if my best stuff was what I was doing right then and worried someone was going to steal it.

Having been around the block a bit, I've come to realize one thing. This is CRUCIAL. Big quotes on this.

"Piracy, even direct theft of your ideas is not your greatest enemy as an emerging artist. Your greatest enemy is OBSCURITY."

All this means is that "obscurity" or simply people not knowing who you are or what you bring to the table as an artist/musician, is the single greatest stumbling block you will face.. If you can fix that one, all the other problems can be dealt with. So don't be afraid to share every song, idea, lyric or lick you have. And embrace every chance you get to work with new people and new project. Getting your stuff out there is more important than anything else.

Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 12 2011, 07:43 PM
Learning Tone Master
Great ideas Christian smile.gif I also like the second one too.As for the title of our first song,i haven't decided yet.I'll think about some ideas and will share here.

Dogukan,

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 12 2011, 11:47 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
ok guys - i think another vocalist would be better for a faster progress, too.
to be honest - i did several takes for the first song and every take was far from a decent one.. i need to put dynamics into the song (regarding to the lyrics from dogukan) with my vocals, but that's quite hard with the current drum pattern/riff chain. and i'm not able to put in the drums I like by myself. dry.gif
well, finally i do some additional vocal exercises - hopefully i'll get into it..

btw, nice work with the new riffs christian!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 13 2011, 02:13 AM
I'm sure everyone would love to hear any takes you feel like sharing. smile.gif As I mentioned and as Mad just confirmed, we should probably open it up to anyone that thinks they could add something cool as far as vocals just so we have some things to choose from. Vocals are hard and not everyone sings. So if we could find some folks, even us, to take a crack at it, it would help us move forward smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 14 2011, 07:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
Here is a idea of mine for intro of song 2.

And the all ideas for song 2 so far.(including the last one i've just sent smile.gif ) Maybe we can work on a rough song structure from some of these ideas while we are waiting song 1 vocals smile.gif

This post has been edited by quadrium: Feb 14 2011, 08:00 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  song2_intro.mp3 ( 1.77MB ) Number of downloads: 163
Attached File  pqriffssong2.rar ( 7.29MB ) Number of downloads: 113

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 17 2011, 06:01 AM
Here is a little riffage I've been working on. It's got an ERIC JOHNSON meets EDGE from U2 sort of vibe and may not be "Dark" enough for what we are doing. I also plan to use bits of it in this weekends lesson so that I can play real time harmony lead with the students against a backing. Anyhoo, let me know what you think smile.gif

Attached File  QUADRIUM2_TODD_GUITAR_LICK.mp3 ( 1.76MB ) Number of downloads: 152

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 18 2011, 09:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 17 2011, 05:01 AM) *
Here is a little riffage I've been working on. It's got an ERIC JOHNSON meets EDGE from U2 sort of vibe and may not be "Dark" enough for what we are doing. I also plan to use bits of it in this weekends lesson so that I can play real time harmony lead with the students against a backing. Anyhoo, let me know what you think smile.gif

Attached File  QUADRIUM2_TODD_GUITAR_LICK.mp3 ( 1.76MB ) Number of downloads: 152

Cool lick Todd.Loved it smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 19 2011, 01:21 AM
Thanks smile.gif It's a bit "up beat" and happy compared to what I thought our next song would be but maybe we can do something with it down the line. I"m really liking all the stuff we have done so far wink.gif

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 20 2011, 01:50 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 19 2011, 12:21 AM) *
Thanks smile.gif It's a bit "up beat" and happy compared to what I thought our next song would be but maybe we can do something with it down the line. I"m really liking all the stuff we have done so far wink.gif

Maybe we can mix the things a little in our next song.It can be cool smile.gif By the way Todd and Christian can you send me gp tabs of your riffs for me so i can work on a rough structure?

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 23 2011, 06:30 AM
Instead of using GP files, we can just use the riffs themselves as they are already audio right? Just line them up on separate tracks in Reaper and we can get a general idea. It seems like we are losing some momentum on our project as I just noticed the last post was some time ago. I hope we can get it going again.

Also, just due to time limitations, having more folks might help keep the pot stirred when one or more of us get busy with something. I"m going to try to pull up all the project files again this weekend and see where I left off.

Todd

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 23 2011, 07:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
Ok then.I will make a rough song structure and will post it smile.gif And by the way Todd can you make a new arrangement for drums in our first song?As Marc said before it goes with same pattern in entire song,and he couldn't do his vocal parts because of that.After that we can finish our first song smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 23 2011, 11:17 PM
It does need some new drums. I'll try to give it a shot this weekend if at all possible. I"ll also post it without any drums so that anybody that wants to can take a crack at it.

Todd

QUOTE (quadrium @ Feb 23 2011, 01:06 PM) *
Ok then.I will make a rough song structure and will post it smile.gif And by the way Todd can you make a new arrangement for drums in our first song?As Marc said before it goes with same pattern in entire song,and he couldn't do his vocal parts because of that.After that we can finish our first song smile.gif

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 24 2011, 12:08 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 23 2011, 10:17 PM) *
It does need some new drums. I'll try to give it a shot this weekend if at all possible. I"ll also post it without any drums so that anybody that wants to can take a crack at it.

Todd

Great smile.gif Can't wait to see the outcome.

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 25 2011, 02:01 AM
Here is an MP3 of Song 1 with no drums. Please, anyone, feel free to grab this and go nuts. Whatever you think works, put it on the track and we will all take a listen smile.gif

Attached File  project_quadrium2d_NODRUMS_1.mp3 ( 8.14MB ) Number of downloads: 159

+Quote Post
quadrium
Mar 1 2011, 04:40 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 25 2011, 01:01 AM) *
Here is an MP3 of Song 1 with no drums. Please, anyone, feel free to grab this and go nuts. Whatever you think works, put it on the track and we will all take a listen smile.gif

Attached File  project_quadrium2d_NODRUMS_1.mp3 ( 8.14MB ) Number of downloads: 159

Been busy with the hospital Todd.I couldn't find a proper time to do that sad.gif Any luck with drums? Cannot wait to listen smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 3 2011, 02:09 AM
I posted the track without any drums but so far nobody has posted anything in response. sad.gif

QUOTE (quadrium @ Mar 1 2011, 10:40 AM) *
Been busy with the hospital Todd.I couldn't find a proper time to do that sad.gif Any luck with drums? Cannot wait to listen smile.gif

+Quote Post
quadrium
Mar 3 2011, 02:25 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 3 2011, 01:09 AM) *
I posted the track without any drums but so far nobody has posted anything in response. sad.gif

I see sad.gif I am gonna try it by the way can you send me the drum packs you have sent before, i accidently deleted them.And can you try to make drums also since you are an expert smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 3 2011, 08:52 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi guys,
I'm back from my holiday and I've got plenty of time today and tomorrow, so expect some new lick ideas and drums for this mp3 smile.gif

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
quadrium
Mar 3 2011, 02:39 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 3 2011, 07:52 AM) *
Hi guys,
I'm back from my holiday and I've got plenty of time today and tomorrow, so expect some new lick ideas and drums for this mp3 smile.gif

Christian

Great to see you again Christian smile.gif I will be working on the rough song structure for our song 2 this weekend.

Dogukan,

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:45 AM