Guitar Speed Trainer, Anyone else use it?
PosterBoy
Jun 3 2013, 12:01 PM
Learning Roadie
I found this on my hard drive today, I bought it years ago and like so many guitarists thought it was a magic pill that would be a short cut to blistering speed up and down the fretboard!

It was forgotten about when I realised it didn't make me Paul Gilbert, now coming back to it and seeing it for what it is, a really handy tool for drilling your technique and pushing your speeds and giving you a way to measure your progress, I think it will be a much used piece of software during my practice time.

The ability to add custom drills, means I can input Todd's Alt picking lessons etc into it and use them as well as the ones the program comes with.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Spock
Jun 3 2013, 01:52 PM
GMC:er
Interesting Posterboy. So the software is called "Guitar Speed Trainer"?

I just purchased Guitar Pro last week and have played with the speed trainer in it, it's pretty neat. You can play a section of a solo at slower speeds, different intervals and the speed steps up a notch as you go. I have by no means mastered the lick I am practicing yet, however I have seen a significant increase in the speed I am playing the particular part. Most of that increase I'm attributing to finger memorization - it's so much easier when you no longer have to think about each individual note.

I still doubt I will ever be capable of shredding, I don't think my fingers can physically move as fast as some of the riffs taught here, even if I was just flailing them aimlessly - air guitaring.

EDIT: Just found it for Mac.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Spock: Jun 3 2013, 01:58 PM

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 3 2013, 03:10 PM
Learning Roadie
With Guitar Speed Trainer you set up a profile

They give your drills for down and up strokes (single direction) and you play the drill at increasing bpm and class it as Effortless, Easy, Tiring, Broken, Impossible.

You do the same for Alt picking, Chromatic, Scale, Pattern, Random

This is your starting point

Then when you do all the different type of drills you can put your starting bpm at an Easy bmp and have it increase up to a broken bpm and come back down to easy again.

http://www.guitarspeed.com/

Maybe not anything you couldn't do with a metronome and paper and pen but convenient and a simple user interface.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jun 3 2013, 03:27 PM
GMC:er
Pretty sure this is the same guy that made 'Guitar Scale Method'. People looking for some structure in their learning should definitely consider getting both of these.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 3 2013, 03:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Yep that's the guy

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
korblitz
Jun 3 2013, 07:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Awesome! Thanks for the name of the program.

Before the program I was using Guitar Pro and notepad to record my times...this program keeps both in a tidy manner.

+Quote Post
leonard478
Jun 3 2013, 09:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
i tried it years ago, im sure its effective but i think Todd's shred program is all i need at the moment smile.gif

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jun 3 2013, 11:01 AM) *
I found this on my hard drive today, I bought it years ago and like so many guitarists thought it was a magic pill that would be a short cut to blistering speed up and down the fretboard!

It was forgotten about when I realised it didn't make me Paul Gilbert, now coming back to it and seeing it for what it is, a really handy tool for drilling your technique and pushing your speeds and giving you a way to measure your progress, I think it will be a much used piece of software during my practice time.

The ability to add custom drills, means I can input Todd's Alt picking lessons etc into it and use them as well as the ones the program comes with.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 3 2013, 09:55 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (leonard478 @ Jun 3 2013, 09:04 PM) *
i tried it years ago, im sure its effective but i think Todd's shred program is all i need at the moment smile.gif

I'm going to add Todd's lessons to it, so I can cycle up and down Bpm easily

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
leonard478
Jun 3 2013, 10:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
thats an awesome idea!, thanks i'll give that a shot

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jun 3 2013, 08:55 PM) *
I'm going to add Todd's lessons to it, so I can cycle up and down Bpm easily

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 4 2013, 07:01 AM
Instructor
I don't know what you are talking about but I will check that site. Thanks fo sharing guys. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 4 2013, 02:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Seems like good programs, but the price... omg

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Jun 4 2013, 02:10 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 4 2013, 04:32 PM
Learning Roadie
Exchange rates made it a good buy for me when I bought it, but
i do laugh at the free upgrades bit, as they've never upgraded it since I bought it many years ago

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:08 PM