8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Onetabmat's Bootcamp, You have chosen the path of the Warrior!
onetabmat
Mar 12 2020, 08:06 PM
Learning Roadie

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 13 2020, 03:38 AM
GMC:er
Well Fought Soldier!! This one is all about the "PINKY SLIDE" Being able to slide up the neck with the weakest finger is something some folks just never wrap their heads around. You don't seem to have any trouble with it at all. NICE! I"m testing you out of the gap of lessons and restarting you at 73. You clearly have the skills needed to move forward. Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

PINKY SLIDE: The toughest part of this Mission is the pinky slide and you manged to keep it smooth and clean.

PINKY POWER: You have a strong control over the weakest finger. You stick the landing and keep going like a trooper!!

TRICKY BITS: These bits are tricky and especially the part with the double note where you have to slide up. You had no trouble at all. NICE!!!

You clearly have these drills in hand and are ready for what's next!!!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Mar 12 2020, 03:06 PM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 29 2020, 09:01 AM
Sorry for the lag Soldier! I hoe you and yours are staying safe! This virus thing is getting crazier every day. Let's Debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

PINKY SLIDE: If the pinky is weak, the pinky slide won't work. You've gotten a much stronger pinky since you started all these drills and it's great to see! This is an advanced technique to be sure and you nail it. Score!

MULTI PICKING: Secondly I want to see strong multi picking without losing the picking pattern. It's easy to drop a strike or add a strike during multi picking but you don't fall in to that. It's nice and clean. Double Score!

SHEER AGGRESSION: Your fingers are just going for it which is great to see. There is no timidity or holding back. Keep that up! TRIPLE SCORE!!

In short, SUPER NICE! You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Mar 12 2020, 03:06 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 29 2020, 09:01 AM

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Mar 29 2020, 01:35 PM
Learning Roadie

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9Uqno-nYIp/?igshid=ujz4fpmwy6ie

This post has been edited by onetabmat: Mar 29 2020, 01:39 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 30 2020, 03:00 AM
Looks like these got lost in the shuffle Soldier but good to see you are going back for them! No Soldier Left behind! You've already badged up beyond these but it's a good chance to work on some very handy bits! Let's Debrief!!

MISSION 70/71

STAMINA: The first thing I'm looking for on this is Stamina. Does your hand get tired half way through the drill and start to drop notes? NOPE!! You don't even break a sweat. Nice!

TECHNIQUE: Secondly, even if endurance is on point, if technique is sloppy, it's gonna fall apart. The good news is your technique gets better each time I see you do a Mission so no worries there. Score!

AGGRESSIVE STYLE: Nothing at all timid or too restrained about the way you jump in to these Soldier. I like to see that. You make the guitar in to your weapon!!

This one is SORTED!!!!!

Well Fought!!!

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Mar 29 2020, 08:35 AM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 31 2020, 05:46 AM

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Apr 1 2020, 05:43 PM
Learning Roadie
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9WFPJVHjdZ/

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 3 2020, 03:49 AM
Please upload to youtube and do the usual embed. That way folks can see it right here without having to leave and go to instagram. Also it will remain part of your track record here.

Sarge

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Apr 1 2020, 12:43 PM) *

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Apr 3 2020, 05:59 PM
Learning Roadie

This post has been edited by onetabmat: Apr 3 2020, 06:00 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 4 2020, 06:48 AM
72 is Perfectt! You got the tapping and the pinky and everything in place. I know it's a make up lesson and as such can't be badged but you did an KILLER job on it. It's just the one lick on many strings but keeping it clean is tough all the way down and you kept it clean as glass!!

Your first BADGE MISSION back in 75 starts out very strong and even the bit pinky stretch lick is working! Until you push it a bit far in the same take and it sorta falls apart. I'm all for doing a "pushing it" take at the end of a vid, but combined with the same take to be badged, it ends up looking just like a missed take. The good news is you can reach that pinky stretch!! Maybe slow down just a pinch on 75 so that each note is clean and clear and then to a "crazy fast attempt" at the end or put a bit more repetition in and play the fast version clean as glass. I think you are about ready to wrap this. That lick gets tricky at speed, but for your badge take it does not have to be fast. Just clean and precise. You are on a Roll Soldier!! Once more in to the breach!!

Sarge

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 8 2020, 04:07 AM

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Apr 14 2020, 05:12 PM
Learning Roadie

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 15 2020, 04:59 AM
Much better! This is what I'm talking about. The second lick is tricky but you got it!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

PINKY POWER:
Firstly I wanna see your pinky! his one is all about pinky power and you really stick the landing! This is impressive just by itself. Score!

REAAAACH:
Secondly I wanna see you reach!! This one requires a big stretch and you nail it!!!

TECHNIQUES O PLENTY: Lastly, this is a wad of techniques in one. All of your previous work leading up to this is on display. Muting, hand synch, strikes, it's all there.

This is a tough bit and you nailed it! You just.

Leveled up!

Attached Image

Attached Image

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Apr 14 2020, 12:12 PM) *

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 17 2020, 06:10 AM
MISSION 76 DEBRIEF!!!

NICE!!! Soldier you are on a ROLL!!!! These are the tricky bits before you break TRIPLE DIGITS!!!!! Impressive work here.

Let's Debrief!!

PICK ARTICULATION:
You are doing a very good job articulating the pick. Poor articulation means failing this drill. The good news is your picking is on point!!!

DUAL MUTE:
Using both hands to mute is important when playing these licks. Learning when too use the elft vs right hand to mute is cruciial. Sometimes one hand or the other isn't in place to mute so being able to use both is key.

SYNCH:
Without hand synch none of these licks work. You may have noticed we focus on A LOT on Synch. Hand synch is the very foundation of Shredding. Without it one simply can't play fast with precision. The gooodd news is you have great hand sych!

You got this one sorted Soldier. Well Fought!!!!

You just.,.

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 19 2020, 12:13 PM
MISSION 77 DEBRIEF

TECHNIQUE:
This one is packed with wads of techiques that all have to be done properly in order to pass. Good news is your technique is on point!

AGGRESSION ON POINT:
I always like to see a players fingers just go for it with confidence and that's what I'm seeing here. NICE!

STYLE COMING THROUGH[/b]: You are taking these licks and making them your own which is what I love to see. These are just a starting point after all to get you to explore your own creativity.

In short, you KRUSHED IT per usual and ..

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
onetabmat
May 11 2020, 08:28 PM
Learning Roadie

This post has been edited by onetabmat: May 11 2020, 08:29 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 11 2020, 10:29 PM
Good to see you back in the fight Soldier! Looks like you didn't have much trouble with these which is a good thing!

Let's Debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

NOT TENSING:First thing I'm looking for is "tensing up". It's instinctive to tense up when playing something one is not certain about or when playing a bit brisk. Sadly, this is THE WORST thing one can do. Fighting this instinct takes time and practice. Score!

NOT ELBOW PICKING: [/b]Secondly I am always looking for the dreaded "elbow pick". Picking from the elbow is a cardinal sin IMHO. The good news is that you never make that sin. Death to elbow picking! Double Score!

NOT RUSHING/LAGGING: . Lastly, as always I wanna see you not rushing or laggin. Folks often don't lock to the beat, even if that beat is just their own internal metronome. Some folks never develop an internal metronome. So you can hear them rush/lag when no drums/click is present. Your sense of rythm was good from day one and now it's even better. TRIPLE SCORE!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (onetabmat @ May 11 2020, 03:28 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 14 2020, 12:05 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 14 2020, 12:09 AM
This one was clearly no problem for you soldier!!! You are approaching the very rare TRIPLE DIGIT MARK! Things get a bit tougher on the "SECOND WAVE" but you are more than ready!!!

Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

CLEAN AS GLASS: First thing I wanna see is clean playing. Good strikes, no flubs, and BAM clean as a whistle!!!

QUIET AS DEATH: Your palm muting just keeps getting better. You are able to mute and lift with great efficiency which provides a great sense of dynamics to you playing. Not everyone can mute like this so I'm glad to see you can!!!

MEMORY MAN: You have done a great job at memorizing all of these licks and playing them back. It's a very good skill to have. The licks will start getting longer and you should be good to go!!!

You krushed it Soldier!

You just..

Attached Image

Attached Image

Onward!

Sarge

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 15 2020, 12:47 AM
Look at him go!! Nicely done on this one Soldier. The single string work is very important imho. Being able to keep string noise down and keep synch and keep time is a great warmup and makes a handy solo lick!! let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

GRACE UNDER PRESSURE: The first thing I'm looking for is to see if your am is TENSING. Resisting the instinctual urge to tighten up, pick from the elbow with a tense arm, bear down to hard when playing briskly, fret to hard when traversing, etc. are all things that can really destroy ones ability to make progress. Your arm is NOT tense which is great. You've got a relaxed control which is great to see.

TRAVERSING THE GAP:
Secondly I wanna see smooth fret traverse! There is a lot of fret traverse going on in this Mission and you have no problem with it at all. The single string lick can be trick as it changes shapes as you traverse. Some folks find this very tricky. Not you!!

PINKY POWER TO THE MAX: Lastly I wanna see a strong pinky! Fretting, hammering, shifting, and making use of the weakest finger. That's usually when the pinky fails, Not for you! Pinky Power!!

KRUSHED IT and..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!!
Sarge

+Quote Post
onetabmat
May 25 2020, 02:26 PM
Learning Roadie

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 25 2020, 07:30 PM
Video 81 is private so I can' see :

Todd
QUOTE (onetabmat @ May 25 2020, 09:26 AM) *

+Quote Post
onetabmat
May 25 2020, 08:12 PM
Learning Roadie

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:48 PM