2 Pages V   1 2 >  
The Way Of The Warrior
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 11 2012, 10:24 AM
Instructor
I remember telling you guys about my intention to start practicing iaido a while ago. Well, a good friend knew about this whole idea and had a surprise for my birthday tomorrow:

I decided to start out, so now I am on the lookout for a serious dojo where I can learn and prepare myself smile.gif It feels great, even if it is made of wood laugh.gif Or this may be my silly joy of knowing I am closer to the world of the samurai

We shall see what the future brings!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 11 2012, 10:27 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Beware GMCers !! If you don't do your homework, C-Master will now kick your ass ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 11 2012, 10:35 AM
Instructor
Haha, you knew I would be drawn to this thread like a beacon !! biggrin.gif

I'm pleased you're going to start doing it for real now.. hopefully you can find somewhere close enough.

That sword looks great, a bokken I believe they're called smile.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 11 2012, 10:48 AM
Learning Roadie
Cosmin you realise becoming a Samurai, that Ben as a Ninja will be your mortal enemy

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 11 2012, 11:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jul 11 2012, 10:48 AM) *
Cosmin you realise becoming a Samurai, that Ben as a Ninja will be your mortal enemy

biggrin.gif

Will make it very interesting !! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jul 11 2012, 01:04 PM
Tone Seeker
I saw this in Facebook too. It will be fun for sure. wink.gif

I saw a document about people who practise the right movement of sword swing like years until it's perfect blink.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jul 11 2012, 01:05 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 11 2012, 02:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 11 2012, 09:35 AM) *
Haha, you knew I would be drawn to this thread like a beacon !! biggrin.gif

I'm pleased you're going to start doing it for real now.. hopefully you can find somewhere close enough.

That sword looks great, a bokken I believe they're called smile.gif

Exactly biggrin.gif you are twice right tongue.gif I knew you would join the thread and I wanted to announce you as well, as you asked me before about when I was going to move my behind to start practicing wink.gif and yes, it is called bokken - a practice sword - although as deadly as a real one if wielded right.

Check this out:

According to the legend, Musashi arrived more than three hours late, and goaded Kojirō by taunting him. When Kojirō attacked, his blow came as close as to sever Musashi's chonmage. He came close to victory several times until, supposedly blinded by the sunset behind Musashi, Musashi struck him on the skull with his oversized bokken (wooden sword), which was over 90 centimeters long. Musashi supposedly fashioned the long bokken, a type called a suburitō due to its above-average length, by shaving down the spare oar of the boat in which he arrived at the duel with his wakizashi (the wood was very hard). Musashi had been late for the duel on purpose in order to psychologically unnerve his opponent (a tactic used by him on previous occasions, such as during his series of duels with the Yoshioka swordsmen).

You can read the whole story here: Miyamoto Musashi vs Sasaki Kojiro

smile.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Jul 11 2012, 02:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
Being Swedish and all, I figured I ought to post this:

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 11 2012, 02:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 11 2012, 02:21 PM) *
Exactly biggrin.gif you are twice right tongue.gif I knew you would join the thread and I wanted to announce you as well, as you asked me before about when I was going to move my behind to start practicing wink.gif and yes, it is called bokken - a practice sword - although as deadly as a real one if wielded right.

Check this out:

According to the legend, Musashi arrived more than three hours late, and goaded Kojirō by taunting him. When Kojirō attacked, his blow came as close as to sever Musashi's chonmage. He came close to victory several times until, supposedly blinded by the sunset behind Musashi, Musashi struck him on the skull with his oversized bokken (wooden sword), which was over 90 centimeters long. Musashi supposedly fashioned the long bokken, a type called a suburitō due to its above-average length, by shaving down the spare oar of the boat in which he arrived at the duel with his wakizashi (the wood was very hard). Musashi had been late for the duel on purpose in order to psychologically unnerve his opponent (a tactic used by him on previous occasions, such as during his series of duels with the Yoshioka swordsmen).

You can read the whole story here: Miyamoto Musashi vs Sasaki Kojiro

smile.gif

Yes, Musashi is perhaps the most famous swordsman of all. I haven't really read anything about him but his name appears a lot ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 11 2012, 03:30 PM
Instructor
That movie is EPIC!!! biggrin.gif I love it biggrin.gif THE ARMYYY OF DARKNESSSS!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 11 2012, 01:55 PM) *
Yes, Musashi is perhaps the most famous swordsman of all. I haven't really read anything about him but his name appears a lot ! biggrin.gif

You will probably like this smile.gif

QUOTE (WeePee @ Jul 11 2012, 12:04 PM) *
I saw this in Facebook too. It will be fun for sure. wink.gif

I saw a document about people who practise the right movement of sword swing like years until it's perfect blink.gif

Well, it's all about achieving perfection and self control smile.gif I will most likely enjoy this trip !

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 11 2012, 03:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 11 2012, 03:30 PM) *
You will probably like this smile.gif

Awesome.. I'll see if the gf fancies watching this later ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 11 2012, 03:59 PM
Instructor
This sounds very interesting mate. Keep us updated! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 11 2012, 04:55 PM
Instructor
I am obliging my girl to watch sword related stuff tooooo laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 11 2012, 04:57 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 11 2012, 09:25 PM) *

That would be very tough wink.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 11 2012, 06:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 11 2012, 04:55 PM) *

Hahaha.. yeah it's really a case of us making our girlfriends watch what we want but disguised as a mutual choice ! It's taken me years to perfect the skill ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Jul 12 2012, 01:46 AM
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Jul 11 2012, 10:27 AM) *
Being Swedish and all, I figured I ought to post this:

When I read the title I also thought that hammerfall's song tongue.gif

Well Done Cosmin-sam.....i always wanted to try that olympic sport with swords, according to google in english it is called swordsmanship or swordplay I

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 12 2012, 07:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Jul 12 2012, 12:46 AM) *
When I read the title I also thought that hammerfall's song tongue.gif

Well Done Cosmin-sam.....i always wanted to try that olympic sport with swords, according to google in english it is called swordsmanship or swordplay I

Thank you Nahuel! biggrin.gif Well, what i will start practicing is called Iaido, which describes the art of drawing your sword and killing your enemy with one blow smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 12 2012, 07:32 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 11 2012, 10:30 PM) *
Hahaha.. yeah it's really a case of us making our girlfriends watch what we want but disguised as a mutual choice ! It's taken me years to perfect the skill ! laugh.gif

How do you do that ????? How many years did it take, gentleman ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 12 2012, 09:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 12 2012, 07:32 AM) *
How do you do that ????? How many years did it take, gentleman ?

Hehe, well I may have been exaggerating a bit ! wink.gif

Just convince your girlfriend that she would enjoy watching Rambo much, much more than Love Actually biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 12 2012, 10:42 AM
Learning Roadie
Love Actually's an awesome film

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:00 AM