Problem When Changing Strings On Floyd Rose
superize
Jul 19 2009, 03:01 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
This weekend i changed string on my Ibanez wich have a floyd rose for the first time and the process went pretty good but now i noticed that the string hight was alot higher then it used to be.....

What did i do wrong and how do i fix it

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
berko
Jul 19 2009, 03:07 PM
GMC:er
Have you changed string gauge? If you switched to a thicker set then the strings have bigger tension lifting the bridge upwards. Your bridge's plate should be parallel with the guitar body and should be at least at the same level as the body.

Or did you readjust the springs in the back of the guitar? If so, reset them to the same position.

If non of the above, you can adjust bridge hight with the 2 screws at both sides of the bridge.

Hope this helped smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by berko: Jul 19 2009, 03:07 PM

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 19 2009, 03:31 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (berko @ Jul 19 2009, 04:07 PM) *
Have you changed string gauge? If you switched to a thicker set then the strings have bigger tension lifting the bridge upwards. Your bridge's plate should be parallel with the guitar body and should be at least at the same level as the body.

Or did you readjust the springs in the back of the guitar? If so, reset them to the same position.

If non of the above, you can adjust bridge hight with the 2 screws at both sides of the bridge.

Hope this helped smile.gif

Thanks that helped

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:13 AM