Wah Pedal Help, help
Nick325
Sep 4 2007, 07:41 AM
GMC:er
ive been checking out a bunch of pedals and most of them are distortion pedals so i have distortion so i figured i'll get another before it so i decided a wah pedal. im deciding between

this

this

this

or this

i heard that wah can suck tone so is it best to get the first one since its just a normal wah?

thanks cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Nick325: Sep 4 2007, 07:42 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rokchik
Sep 4 2007, 08:42 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Sep 4 2007, 03:41 AM) *
ive been checking out a bunch of pedals and most of them are distortion pedals so i have distortion so i figured i'll get another before it so i decided a wah pedal. im deciding between

this

this

this

or this
i heard that wah can suck tone so is it best to get the first one since its just a normal wah?

thanks cool.gif

Hey Nick

I'm not an expert or anything but I do own the Zakk Wylde ZW45 wah so I can tell you a bit about it.

Sound: If your looking for that classic wah sound (wakka wakka wakka) don't get the ZW45. Buy the original Cry Baby. The ZW45 has a very fat tone to it so the wakka wakka doesn't sound quite right. Personally I find this wah works best with heavy distortion rather than on a clean channel. It's OK on clean but like I said it gives it a more meaty feel to it....thick almost. But for metal or just heavily distorted music it rocks. Now you can disingage the wah effect by steping on the wah when all the way forward.....when it's disingaged I have yet to notice any considerable tone "suck" from my amp. Haven't really noticed any actually. And like I said when engaged it's very thick. It's very Zakk! tongue.gif

Ease of Use: Well it can take a 9 volt battery or you can buy the seperate ac adaptor. The battery location is underneath and is accessable from the outside (some wah's you have to remove the backing to get at the battery) Other than that plug in and play. Pretty easy smile.gif It also comes with an allen key so you can adjust the pedal tension to however you prefer. (accessable when pedal all the way forward) I have mine fairly tight only because I found you didn't have to move this wah much to get the desired effect and when it was all the way down it got very bassy.

I really like my ZW45. It's my first wah and I use it fairly often with stuff like RATM, Hendrix, Ozzy and loads of others. I sometimes have to adjust my amp settings when in clean to get the desired tone but still I'm very happy with the ZW45. I'd recommend trying them out to see which you prefer. Depending on what you play I guess is what I mean. Hope this helped. smile.gif

rok

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nick325
Sep 4 2007, 08:46 AM
k thanks rok

im gunna try them out before i buy one but just asked for opinions or help like u did smile.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Sep 4 2007, 08:53 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Sep 4 2007, 04:46 AM) *
k thanks rok

im gunna try them out before i buy one but just asked for opinions or help like u did smile.gif

No problem...if you have any other questions about the Zakk Wylde wah fire away...I'll try to answer the best I can. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 4 2007, 09:08 AM
Nick
I can tell you alittle bit about the Original Crybaby as i used to have it. smile.gif
If your into the Jimi Hendrix or Classic rock type stuff this pedal would be great for you.If your going for a slash or metal style wah sound this pedal will not do it.What really makes the a wah wah pedal good imo is it's sweep range,what's sweep range?It's the level or amount of controll you have over trebile and bass (moving up and down).This pedal has a very limited sweep range,for example dimebag's wah has a much wider sweep range which i would prefer.

I think if your just starting out and getting into the wah thing this pedal would be fine,just like i stated above there definatly is other;s that are much better it just all depends on what sound you need.I would definatly add the dimebag wah to the list of your options though.Out of what you have selected above the slash wah wah would be my choice cause it's themost versitale and the strongest sweep range.

Hope this helps atleast to narrow down one pedal biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Nick325
Sep 4 2007, 09:10 AM
thanks dan

i think i will go with the slash pedal

ill check out the dime wah wah

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:04 AM