New Condesor Mics, C414 bxL 2 condensor mics
ballistic31
Mar 30 2008, 11:43 AM
GMC:er
WellI got in my new guitar cab condensor mics ,,I got (2) C414 b-XL 2 mics...They go for $900.00 each i got them used for $750.00 each..Not a bad deal when you listen to what they are capable of.. I am curently working on a cd curently no name for it yet,,,This song is called MR X.. I used the mics to record the guitars thru my carvin 4x12 cabs basical set up in a big closet if you will...

I also played drums..I used beyerdynamic condensor drum mics in my drum booth,,the opus 99 83 88 and 87...plus (2) sm57 mics...For the bass i used the C414B-XL mic for the fender bassman 4x10 cab...

The mix is basicaly dry no eq or filters....I did use a splash of reverb in the mix for the solo...but other than that a clean mix without any comp...I will add all that stuff later..when the song is rock solid and volcals are in place....

Oh and this is all analog for the moment my final recording will be digital after i get a bit more feel of these new mics

well enjoy and as allways any feedback is allways welcome good bad or in Attached File  MR__X.mp3 ( 4.37MB ) Number of downloads: 336
between

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[size=3][b]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 30 2008, 03:11 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Congrats Ballistic - the C414 (in all it's different forms) is a great all round condenser and capable of putting in results up there with Neumanns etc with the right source imo smile.gif . Haven't had chance to download and listen to the file yet but I'll try and comment later.

Cheers,
Tony

ps - you're definitely bitten by the studio GAS then mate laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Mar 30 2008, 11:03 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Mar 30 2008, 10:11 AM) *
Congrats Ballistic - the C414 (in all it's different forms) is a great all round condenser and capable of putting in results up there with Neumanns etc with the right source imo smile.gif . Haven't had chance to download and listen to the file yet but I'll try and comment later.

Cheers,
Tony

ps - you're definitely bitten by the studio GAS then mate laugh.gif

thanks tony yeah I do love the studio and im a gear head thats for sure..though a few local projects i just invest the money back into it...Mainly just local bands wanting a demo to show case themselves,,but it pays for the gear I have learned alot these past few monthes in my music production classes...Its just a small studio based outfit with a few berkly grads that run it,,and its cheep laugh.gif

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 30 2008, 11:40 PM
Instructor
Nice! smile.gif
The sound is great, and the guitars sound clear and beefy.

You made a great investment in getting those mics.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 30 2008, 11:51 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
That's one heck of a home studio! I havn't had the chanse to listen to the mp3 through headphones but sounds great through my speakers (how much that's worth).

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Mar 31 2008, 02:10 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 30 2008, 06:51 PM) *
That's one heck of a home studio! I havn't had the chanse to listen to the mp3 through headphones but sounds great through my speakers (how much that's worth).

thank you yeah i agree the sound is pretty wicked.I know thru headphones th bass responce is a bit much.but nothing a few filters wont take care of in a snap..I think thru getting good seperation on the mix is going to be a pretty easy job just because of the mics picking up all the nice natural sound..I used to allways try to make up for that with a BBE sonic max but it allways seemed to place the mix on a eqaul playing field so i think i will just use that now on final mix downs.

thanks again for you kind words and im glad you enjoyed it

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:08 AM