> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

28 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Elhombre's Axe Laboratory
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 29 2012, 09:47 AM
Instructor
Well, I haven't had the time to tackle any Sfogli songs, but I only need to listen to them to figure out that they are a mean amount of work laugh.gif Tell me, how does the Alter Bridge riff feel to you? Should I be expecting a great REC take soon? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 13 2013, 12:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Cosmin I am now back.. its been a week or so smile.gif
Well now I am done with all non guitar related work so now im going to play all day lol smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 13 2013, 05:27 PM
Instructor
Well, then, where are those takes? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 14 2013, 12:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
coming up smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 14 2013, 11:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
I will use mornings for all theory work and tasks.
Then on afternoon evening i work on my own stuff. So I will do the arpeggio video and the drop C lesson soon.

My new fusion song almost ready, then after that I will be working on a progressive metal song

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 15 2013, 08:29 AM
Instructor
Sounds like a good plan mate - looking forward to hear the fusion song as well! smile.gif What sort of exercises have you decided to work on for theory?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 15 2013, 12:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
I pratice scales, modes, arpeggios most things.
Well I will continue with your arpeggio learning methode which you described a while ago.

When i pratice scales, for example i pick a key, starting from C major, moving up the flats and sharps, then i pratice every major mode within that scale, knowing which modes belong and remembering the notes in the scale.

I can work with more methodes I rembered you had some good methodes for praticing scales by singing for example

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 15 2013, 10:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jan 15 2013, 11:20 AM) *
I pratice scales, modes, arpeggios most things.
Well I will continue with your arpeggio learning methode which you described a while ago.

When i pratice scales, for example i pick a key, starting from C major, moving up the flats and sharps, then i pratice every major mode within that scale, knowing which modes belong and remembering the notes in the scale.

I can work with more methodes I rembered you had some good methodes for praticing scales by singing for example

Oh yes, singing does definitely help - mate I am in a similar situation right now, trying to learn Asian scales smile.gif I will shoot a little movie tomorrow and share some interesting things with you and the guys here biggrin.gif Stay tuned wink.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 15 2013, 11:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Haha asian scales biggrin.gif mind sharing some intervals of those biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 16 2013, 12:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
Just sharing a quick idea for the new song.
Tempo got a little high maybe 170 bpm ohmy.gif

Guitar dont sound to good but dont worry, i will get new strings tommorrow, will be easier to do gallops and tighter playing then too

Attached File(s)
Attached File  riffingidea.mp3 ( 281.22K ) Number of downloads: 96

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 16 2013, 09:15 AM
Instructor
Hey matey, not bad at all biggrin.gif It could be a little tighter if you were to ask me and regarding the drums, you could start with a snare and bass drum pattern (snare on beat 1 bass on beat 2 snare on beat 3 and bass on beat 4 - this being one bar) and only then, when the riff develops go into the double bass drum pattern that you have already used - if it's the way in which the song begins smile.gif It won't sell you out to the listener biggrin.gif If you dig what I'm saying here - you don't give him all in one shot!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 16 2013, 12:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes, I just picked a cool drum groove to practice some ideas.
I dont know how to program the drums they way you said, but I am armed with the drumkit from hell atleast!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 16 2013, 05:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here is some remarcoble riffing at full speed!
Its not exactly super tight, and sound is bad cause of strings, but I think I can handle the concept of the riff.
The variation on second time, tab, I cant do att full speed as you notice!

Just wanted to show you a little riffing, complete riff I can give you after I get my thicker strings on friday!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  remarcobleriffing.mp3 ( 193.06K ) Number of downloads: 82

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 16 2013, 10:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jan 16 2013, 04:52 PM) *
Here is some remarcoble riffing at full speed!
Its not exactly super tight, and sound is bad cause of strings, but I think I can handle the concept of the riff.
The variation on second time, tab, I cant do att full speed as you notice!

Just wanted to show you a little riffing, complete riff I can give you after I get my thicker strings on friday!

Hehe, mate, I am looking forward to that and i will also ask you to record it against a metronome, deal? smile.gif

QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jan 16 2013, 11:55 AM) *
Yes, I just picked a cool drum groove to practice some ideas.
I dont know how to program the drums they way you said, but I am armed with the drumkit from hell atleast!

You've never written drums so far? smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 16 2013, 10:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have but not advanced drums for metal songs!
So i have not worked with kicks and snares, doublekicks and stuff.

I do think I got the software for it tough, ez drummer, drumkit from hell expansion

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 17 2013, 09:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jan 16 2013, 09:59 PM) *
I have but not advanced drums for metal songs!
So i have not worked with kicks and snares, doublekicks and stuff.

I do think I got the software for it tough, ez drummer, drumkit from hell expansion

Alright, well, it's not difficult - you will have a grid which can be divided into all the rhythmic subdivisions available - 8th notes, quarter notes, triplets, 16th notes and so on. You will have various time signatures which will divide your grid accordingly into bars 4/4 or 5/8 or whatever time signature you will choose.

You can use your mouse (like I do it) or you can have a midi controller and tap away the grooves or you can use your keyboard, if i am not mistaken, there is a whole thread on these devices right here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47331

If you have questions regarding writing drums I can help you out wink.gif so just let me know smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 17 2013, 02:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great that you can help me, I will have some questions for you when I will start working on the song
Also, I did do that remarcoble take with a metronome, and with the backing track, but now I also see when listening timing is a bit of att some places, its strange, cause it feels very good when you play that riff

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 17 2013, 02:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jan 17 2013, 01:03 PM) *
Great that you can help me, I will have some questions for you when I will start working on the song
Also, I did do that remarcoble take with a metronome, and with the backing track, but now I also see when listening timing is a bit of att some places, its strange, cause it feels very good when you play that riff

wink.gif Always rehearse and record with the metronome or backing track! It's an absolute MUST wink.gif Slow it down, record and send it over here so we can discuss wink.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 22 2013, 02:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello back again
Well i changed strings and i still have that harmonic sound when playing..
are you sure it is cause the guitar is not used to the thicker strings?

Will a guitar setup solve it? What do you say

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 22 2013, 02:36 PM
Instructor
A guitar setup will always take care of the issue smile.gif Imagine that someone who has the right experience will always figure out what's what in far less time and the axe will be prepared through. At least this is what I'd do smile.gif

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:05 PM