2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Well Guys I'm Ssd To Say That.....
jer
Dec 30 2008, 10:31 PM
GMC:er
Hmm. To me the question should read. Whats more gratifying.
Getting to lvl 80 in WoW or playing like Muris?

Yeah, that too.

My point is if you are completely overcome by a game to the point where you cannot function in society, Like some of the replies these threads generate... Then taking on a hobby like guitar is going to thrash you even harder... It's a far bigger mountain to climb.

The payoff? Amazing.

That shouldnt be new to anyone here though. Seeing as how we are all paying to be here.

Beware. Thats all I'm saying. Guitar is a lifelong endeavor. If a game can consume you...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Dec 30 2008, 11:53 PM
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Dec 30 2008, 10:23 PM) *
Hmm. To me the question should read. Whats more gratifying.
Getting to lvl 80 in WoW or playing like Muris?

smile.gif

You can't compare getting to lvl 80 and playing like. That would be like being GM of Nihilum (I know thery merged and changed name I just don't remember what) or playing like Muris, and I'd personally take playing like Muris but damnit, I would not mind being Kungen.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Dec 31 2008, 12:12 AM
If you have such an addictive personality that you cant sit at a computer and enjoy a game for a bit without it taking over your very existence then I'm willing to bet guitar will ruin you as well....

You made a very fair point, but my dilemma is... guitar already takes up too much time, and it has taken away from my studies... me cramming another "drug" like guitar into my day.... not a good idea

I went a little over board when I said I would never play it... one day... when I have a lot of time on my hands.

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 14 2009, 04:08 PM
Instructor
My friend got it for a christmas present, and I'm in the process of starting it again. Playing it with friends is so much more fun smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 04:10 PM
That's the thing. Games can be very social as well. If you play games with your mates online when you live miles away then it's great. Plus having mates round for a game, movie, pizza, beer night is incredible fun.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:27 AM