8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Tflava's Bootcamp
Todd Simpson
Mar 29 2021, 05:50 AM
GMC:er
That's truly Impressive Soldier. I don't often see this done at full speed. It's a very brisk bit of fretwork and beyond the ability of many folks at this point in bootcamp. Not so here. You did very well on this and played the fast scale run with speed and precision. You keep a good mute here and your picking and hand synch are very good indeed. I think I heard maybe one missed note in the entire thing. I wasn't expecting to this done at this pace and done this well and I'm truly blown away. You are more than ready for what is next!!!

Awesome job!!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ Mar 28 2021, 03:17 PM) *
Hello Sarge,

here is mission 21.

I only recorded the highest speed i received smile.gif
Hope its good.

Greetz Tim

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Timmez
Mar 29 2021, 04:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot Sarge. Your help really helps and i notice my improvement

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 30 2021, 01:57 AM
Keep it up Soldier!! You are KILLING IT!!

Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ Mar 29 2021, 11:42 AM) *
Thanks a lot Sarge. Your help really helps and i notice my improvement

+Quote Post
Timmez
Apr 6 2021, 08:59 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello Sarge,

here my mission 22.
It isnt my best but i practice legato as a weekly routine so ill keep working on the technique.

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 7 2021, 04:02 AM
Very well fought Soldier! This is what I want to see on this mission. You're using the advanced overhand muting style which is very effective but tricky since you can barely see your hands. So you have to know where you fingers are almost on instinct. You do it quite well. This is one of my fave 3 note per string scales. It's The standard minor scale and one that's often used in rock / metal since it almost always works. The way you are playing it is a "shred" technique of going back and forth over the same notes. This doesn't have to be picked as you've just demonstrated, it can be done entirely legato, using only the left hand.

So, when you play this again and pick some of the notes, you can choose which ones to pick. Tyipcally I will strike the first note on a string and hammer the rest. This will let you play the lick at max speed. Keeping a good mute will make it sound like it's being picked even though it isn't.

Keep this lick at the ready and try to play it at least once per practice session. Eventually you'll be burning through this lick at light speed. You've got the form down. Now it's just repetition.

You krushed it Soldier, you just..

LEVLELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward
Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ Apr 6 2021, 03:59 PM) *
Hello Sarge,

here my mission 22.
It isnt my best but i practice legato as a weekly routine so ill keep working on the technique.

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Timmez
Apr 13 2021, 07:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello Sarge,

here is my mission 23.

I changed the excersice also backwards and also to practice my legato.
I know the lick is picking but i thought i could mix it for my own purpose.

The last speed 140 Bpm was a bit too high i guess but i wanted to show you how it went.

greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 13 2021, 08:44 PM
Soldier you start out very strong on this vid. This one is about doing some very very hard. Leading up with the picking and doing it in time. You start off with great timing and then about 9 seconds in you start to lose pace. I hear the metronome going and the goal is to keep it nice and steady like you did at the start. It's ok to slow this down a bit to keep it even on the ascent. I like how you modded it on the way down and used legato. It was more even and and fluid on the way down. This one is more about hand movement than picking so going up you don't have to pick every note if it's not working for your. You can add the picking every note in later on. This one is about leading up the neck and staying in time. This is very hard as we don't lead up with the pinky very offten since it's a very weak finger.

Give me one more of these and maybe slow it down a bit so that once you get to the higher frets you can still keep it even. Oncr you can do that, you can rip up ascending scales at just about any speed you like. It's one of the shred type bits that sounds really cool when done well. I think you can do it soldier!! Once you have it played in a clean way, it's just a matter of repetition to add speed to it. What you don't want to do is burn in bad habits early on and get used to climbing up the neck without good timing. You can do this Sodier!!

Once more!

Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ Apr 13 2021, 02:42 PM) *
Hello Sarge,

here is my mission 23.

I changed the excersice also backwards and also to practice my legato.
I know the lick is picking but i thought i could mix it for my own purpose.

The last speed 140 Bpm was a bit too high i guess but i wanted to show you how it went.

greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Timmez
Apr 14 2021, 09:52 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hé Sarge. Hope this is better.
I played the slide to Long so i practiced it the Wrong way I think

Greetz

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 15 2021, 05:18 AM
Much better soldier! Leading with the pinky is not an easy thing to do. You keep it nice and tight through much more of the range here. Those last notes are the hardest of the bunch as the shape changes, the strings change, the frets change and everything gets smaller up high. You show a great deal of progress from the previous video to this one which is what bootcamp is about. You are playing more than good enough here for a badge up. I know this isn't an easy lick. I would say keep it in your practice routine and try to use it as a solo asap to get used to doing it in a musical context. I use this type of lick a lot as it sounds so aggressiev during a lead passage. Well fought Soldier!! You are ready for the challenges that await you!!!!

You just.....

LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ Apr 14 2021, 04:52 AM) *
Hé Sarge. Hope this is better.
I played the slide to Long so i practiced it the Wrong way I think

Greetz

+Quote Post
Timmez
Apr 23 2021, 08:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello Sarge,

Here is my new mission.
The last tempo was a bit tricky but i had to give it a try smile.gif

greetz

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 24 2021, 02:27 AM
BINGO!!! I can see your left hand moving very smooth and freely. It's good to chain the hands together to force them in to synch by picking every note, but its' also good to free the left hand from needing to synch with picking on every note. Both techniques have value and are worth putting time in to. You can use either one when building a solo for example. if you are working on creating a guitar solo and notice the speed feels a bit too fast, you can reduce the amount of picking that you are doing and use more hammer ons/pull offs to allow your left hand speed to carry the solo. I use this approach quite a bit, as do many players. Your mute is the key here and it's very solid! A good mute, coupled with strong hammer on, sounds almost like you are picking each note. It's one of my fave techniques. You do it quite well here. it makes the notes sound very percussive like pick strikes even though it's being hammered on. Try this same thing picking every note and see what your hands tell you about the difference!

You've got this sorted Soldier! I am very glad to see how well your hand adapted to this. You are ready for the next Battle!

You just....

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ Apr 23 2021, 03:26 PM) *
Hello Sarge,

Here is my new mission.
The last tempo was a bit tricky but i had to give it a try smile.gif

greetz

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 24 2021, 02:50 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 26 2021, 05:15 AM
I have created a new Mute Drill just for my BOOTCAMP SOLDIERS! This one is not for a badge. This is just to help you work on your mute. It's a very simple drill. Just palm mute the bridge, and take your fret hand OFF of the guitar entirely. This will force your palm mute to do all the mute work and show you if there are gaps in your mute. So try it as in the vid, just strike each string a few times, and move on to the next string. Make sure that you don't hear any other string other than the one you are striking. That's the point of this drill. To make sure that you can isolate all of the other strings with your palm mute.

if you notice that you hear other strings ringing, even when you are not striking them, adjust your palm mute angle/position until you find that sweet spot where your palm should be resting. This is the secret sauce folks. Once you sort this out, you won't have to worry about string noise getting in your way, even on our crazy open string licks that span several or all of the strings. It's a quick and simple drill that can really help you isolate any issues with your mute. give it a whirl!!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 26 2021, 05:38 AM

+Quote Post
Timmez
May 1 2021, 01:53 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello Sarge.

thanks for the vid.
I recorded mission 25.
In the first part i also showed the excersise of hitting the strings without fretting a note.

Thanks a lot for all your help. I f i look from the beginning of the bootcamp i see a major improvement thanks to ypour help smile.gif

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 3 2021, 04:18 AM
Well fought indeed!!! I notice that you have adjusted your muting technique as we talked about and it's very solid. I notice also that it's not drifting up and down as you traverse strings which is very good to see. Your technique is improving by leaps and bounds. keep it up! You have also increased your speed while keeping your precision which is a tough thing to do. Super congrats on your progress and I look forward to seeing your upcoming Missions!! You get out of Bootcamp exactly what you put in it and you are clearly putting a lot in!!!

You NAILED it Soldier.

You just..

LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ May 1 2021, 08:53 AM) *
Hello Sarge.

thanks for the vid.
I recorded mission 25.
In the first part i also showed the excersise of hitting the strings without fretting a note.

Thanks a lot for all your help. I f i look from the beginning of the bootcamp i see a major improvement thanks to ypour help smile.gif

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Timmez
May 16 2021, 09:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello Sarge,

here my mission 26.
My top speed was around 135- 140 bpm.
I used economy picking in the lick on 1 spot.

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 17 2021, 02:32 AM
NICE!!! Your entire picking approach has improved quite a bit. I know it's a very tricky change to manage but you have gotten it well in hand. It's not easy to re teach your hand an entirely new way to address the string with the pick. Can you feel how much more fluid your picking is? I can certainly see how much more fluid it is. Also, can you feel how much more relaxed your picking hand is? Again, I can see it. This is exactly what I"m always on about. Planting the back side of the palm on the bridge, cherish the pick but don't crush it, use the front half of the hand a bit of fingers and a pinch of wrist to control the pick. This allows a solid palm mute with no gaps even on open string licks. Also, it doesn't burn out the arm so that you can practice for extended periods and work on precision/speed without burning out to quickly and having to stop.

Very well done.

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ May 16 2021, 04:27 PM) *
Hello Sarge,

here my mission 26.
My top speed was around 135- 140 bpm.
I used economy picking in the lick on 1 spot.

Greetz Tim

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 17 2021, 02:33 AM

+Quote Post
Timmez
May 17 2021, 08:06 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks Sarge,

It feels better every week when i practice a new lick.
i also recorded an improvisation where i tried to be melodic but also shred a bit smile.gif

greetz tim

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 18 2021, 03:22 AM
Loved it!! I like just about everything here but for one little bit of vibrato around 58 seconds. it is a bit of single finger vibrato which is fine in itself, but it's a bit tepid/shallow in terms of vibrato. If that was what you were going for then you got it smile.gif I think a bit wider/deeper vibrato might have served better assuming your fingers are up for that kind of thing? We don't work much on vibrato in bootcamp so I'm not sure if it was a tone choice or technical limitation? Can you play this bit again with just some single note big wide vibrato bits? I'd be happy to give you some feedback on it smile.gif Overall though well done and I liked the solo quite a bit!! It's all about being able to express yourself musically and it makes me proud to see you ripping in to a full solo!!

Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ May 17 2021, 03:06 PM) *
Thanks Sarge,

It feels better every week when i practice a new lick.
i also recorded an improvisation where i tried to be melodic but also shred a bit smile.gif

greetz tim

+Quote Post
Timmez
May 18 2021, 07:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hé Sarge.

Thanks for the feedback. The vibrato is more a Technica ability point. Its a Weak point of mine even as bending so i will incorporate it in my daily routine.
Here i made a vid where i tried to play much vibrato.
The note choice isnt the best and sometimes out the scale but just wanted to focus on the vibrato to show you.

Greetz

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 21 2021, 02:29 AM
I didn't realize your vibrato technique was this far below your picking technique soldier. We focus so much on picking and muting here in BOOTCAMP that sometimes other bits can get left behind. In this case, your vibrato is a bit lacking compared to your overall ability. The good news is that this is easily fixed! It's a simple matter of adjusting your technique just as you did on picking and muting. Have a look at this video and pay close attention to my fret hand. watch the positioning and notice the various approaches, single finger, two finger, thumb over the top, etc. Notice how each one is wide and deep. Start slow and speed up the rate of the vibrato. In short, watch this several times and try to emulate what you see me doing. We will go frmo there!!
\

Sarge

QUOTE (tflava @ May 18 2021, 02:54 PM) *
Hé Sarge.

Thanks for the feedback. The vibrato is more a Technica ability point. Its a Weak point of mine even as bending so i will incorporate it in my daily routine.
Here i made a vid where i tried to play much vibrato.
The note choice isnt the best and sometimes out the scale but just wanted to focus on the vibrato to show you.

Greetz

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:06 PM