What Engineers Do In There Free Time
The Uncreator
Feb 1 2008, 01:06 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
This is just cool smile.gif

http://www.chilloutzone.de/files/player.sw...HCeeWCejXnHAS/c

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 1 2008, 01:10 AM
Learning Rock Star
Haha those sort of things are so cool. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
rokchik
Feb 1 2008, 01:14 AM
The Dark Canuck
Wow...that was pretty darn cool. I like the chess bit the best.

I'll have to show the boyfriend as he's an engineer....although he's not patient enough to do all that laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Feb 1 2008, 01:16 AM
Learning Tone Master
I'm not sure if this one really worked without interuption but anyways it's cool to watch

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 1 2008, 01:18 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Feb 1 2008, 12:16 AM) *
I'm not sure if this one really worked without interuption but anyways it's cool to watch

Yeah, I agree, sort of looks like it was a couple different takes, but still, very amazing! laugh.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
swingline
Feb 1 2008, 01:30 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jan 31 2008, 04:16 PM) *

I have also been pondering this but I figured that either way its way cooler than I can do. smile.gif

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Feb 1 2008, 10:40 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Feb 1 2008, 02:16 AM) *

Yeah, it had some cuts in it, but still it's pretty cool cool.gif

I remember when I was a lot younger I tried to build a contraption like that, but after 15 minutes got bored and went to play the incredible machine rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 1 2008, 10:43 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
lol I'd go crazy trying to build anything like that laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Feb 1 2008, 10:56 PM
Ruthgolderburg ... was that the guy.. an overly complex machine for doing a very simple task.. Great example is the movie CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG.. which i havn;t seen in forever.. has anyone else seen this movie?

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 2 2008, 12:33 PM
haha. I'm an engineer and this is great. Bit worrying with the dart lol. Get up in a morning and get a dart in the head biggrin.gif Not the best wake up practice.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Gus
Feb 2 2008, 01:09 PM
hahaha. cool. laugh.gif

One more engineer to this post.
I guess I cannot do a thing like that, but some day I will build an amp for fun or program a dsp board with some new crazy effects cool.gif
Or maybe I should just apply for a job in Line 6 or Roland, hehe.

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 2 2008, 01:25 PM
Lets go fishing!
Nothing short of incredible!!!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 2 2008, 01:32 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Pretty damn awesome- i'd love one that makes my breakfast for me in the mornings....

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Feb 5 2008, 03:24 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Feb 1 2008, 09:56 PM) *
Ruthgolderburg ... was that the guy.. an overly complex machine for doing a very simple task.. Great example is the movie CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG.. which i havn;t seen in forever.. has anyone else seen this movie?

Not sure about Ruthgolderburg but generally we called such a contraption very 'Heath Robinson'

As a Structural Engineer myself found it very entertaining, reminds me of the Honda ad.

This post has been edited by Crazyfret: Feb 5 2008, 03:24 PM

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:28 PM