Orphaned Land,israeli Etnic Metal Band
vampire18
Sep 11 2009, 09:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
heres some cool 3 songs i like from the band

nora el nora

ocean land

the storm still rages(a very cool mostly instrumnetal etnic type guitar solo, very nice)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
del-4fr53e3
Sep 11 2009, 11:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
I love this kind of stuff. Very cool! Thanks for sharing smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Sep 12 2009, 12:35 AM
GMC:er
I already knew this band, but it's always great to remind good stuff. Great band

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 12 2009, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I've been listening to this band for years. One of the few bands along with Dream Theater and Opeth that got me into listening to Metal. I also did a review of their Mabool album a few years ago or something.

Here's the link, although looking back at it now, I could never really express how much I really loved that album. Reading that review for the first time in years is pretty much an eye opener on how I approached reviews as a thing to do while bored on a saturday night. Not a lot of thought, but I guess the difference of a high school paper and a college paper is drastically different. Sorry, if it's cheesy or just plain sucks. I still do love this album though

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...of_Seven_Review

PS: You might like Salem. They were one of the original Israel Metal bands that introduced Death Metal/Black Metal kind of music to the underground community during the early 90's.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Sep 12 2009, 10:13 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 12 2009, 10:49 AM
One of the, if not the only Israeli band with the capability of being succesfull in the big world. great band smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
vampire18
Sep 12 2009, 02:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
lol, their lead guitarsit is a friend of my friends father(thats how it is in israel, everyone knows everyone lol) so i got a picture with him and i was also invited to a diner i couldnt attend, lol.
and yeah its the only israeli band who have the potential in my opinion to get and are getting intenational fame.
btw if anyone is up for it im trying to transcribe the storm still rages inside, cover it and maybe gp file it so other peopel can use it to.

This post has been edited by vampire18: Sep 12 2009, 02:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 12 2009, 03:01 PM
Instructor
Never heard but sounds great smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 12 2009, 03:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
A great band without a doubt. I saw them a few years ago at Prog Power Scandinavia.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
johnvg
Sep 14 2009, 08:43 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I just saw them live for the first time a few nights ago and they put on a great show.

+Quote Post
Laszlo Boross
Sep 14 2009, 09:40 PM
Instructor
I have never heard this band before , very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
Check out my lessons

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Sep 15 2009, 05:57 PM
Instructor
very cool band! thanks for sharing!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Sep 16 2009, 06:29 AM
Instructor
Sounds cool, thanks for sharing!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 22 2009, 04:29 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
They are a great band and definitely deserve much more attention. I have seen them live 2 years ago, they just rocked smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:31 PM