Occasionally, if the cover interests me. [ 13 ] ** [43.33%]
No, never. - GMC is enough! [ 5 ] ** [16.67%]
Total Votes: 30
Guests cannot vote 
David.C.Bond
Dec 9 2007, 12:54 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Dec 8 2007, 08:05 PM) *
Very cool stuff in magazines, but i think they some of them became just advertising magazines with little real good articles.

Very true.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PlayAllDay
Dec 9 2007, 12:58 AM
I buy four or more every month. I get Guitar Techniques(the best) Total Guitar(was good - getting worse tho) and then choose randomly from the others according to what's in them that month.
Storing them is a pain. They are heavy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself...

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 9 2007, 01:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alucard @ Dec 8 2007, 06:41 PM) *
I also subscribe to Guitar World, and I agree: How do bands like Avenged Sevenfold get on the cover where there are so many talented bands out there? This month's cover was cool though, with Jimmy Page and a great interview with him inside.

Yeah, what I really liked was that they showed his new Gibson Les Paul Custom, it's an awesome guitar! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Dec 13 2007, 08:38 AM
yeah, Total Guitar and Guitar Techniques are definetly my favourites, I much prefer them over the American magazines (far too many ads and the print is very small) smile.gif
But I've started to notice that Total Guitar repeat their features. For example, the Guitar Olympics exercises were exactly the same as the Metal Special workout :S. Guitar Techniques also does a little too much on Stevie Ray and Hendrix and those sorts, although good, doesn't interest me too much.
But both mags are great reads on plance for example smile.gif Nothing better than mp3 shuffle and a good interview or review biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Dec 13 2007, 08:48 AM
Instructor
well few years ago I use to buy "GUITARRA TOTAL" ( the spanish bad-version of TOTAL GUITAR ) but I was so tired and I stop buying it, now I think it's not necessary to buy anything 'cos here in GMC (and ocassionaly in another webs) we can find all we need a lot more.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Dec 13 2007, 09:13 AM
Get to da Chopper!
Well i bought Guitar Techniques yesterday- i bought it for one article- a "modern metal" lesson where it went in depth "in the style of" John Petrucci. There wer a good 4-6 pages good article.
However as a whole i though there was quite a lot of naff stuffed in, just to fill the pages wink.gif

Put Petrucci or Gilbert on a mag cover- just the name will sell it for me smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:38 PM