2 Pages V  < 1 2  
The Voodoo Of Vibrato, Quick Licks #26 The Secret Voodoo of Great Vibrato
Todd Simpson
Jun 20 2018, 02:06 AM
GMC:er
Well played!! This lick combines several techniques together in to one lick. Muting, hand synch, bending, pull offs, etc. You do a great job of pulling all of these disparate techniques together to make a cogent lick out of it. This particular lick works well with the funk backing of course smile.gif If you take another shot at this lick and/or take another shot at the funk backing, try to use this lick in the context of the funk backing track! I built it just for that smile.gif

The only gripe I have about your performance is the initial bend. When "bending to pitch", it's often very hard to do it quickly which is what this lick requires. You don't have a lot of time to get the note to pitch before you have to move on to the other parts of the lick. As a result you have to get it to pitch quite quickly. This is part of what makes this lick so darn hard! However, you get the general idea which is what "QUICK LICKS" is all about! After all this isn't BOOTCAMP so I'm mostly wanting you guys to jump in and jump out quick as you can and grab as much of the lick with you as you go wink.gif You did a great job of that here so you just..
LEVELED UP!!!!!
Attached Image

ONWARD!!!!!!Todd

QUOTE (George Hlio @ Jun 19 2018, 04:49 PM) *
My take Sarge!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 21 2018, 02:50 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Nov 4 2018, 02:30 PM
Learning Roadie

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 5 2018, 03:46 AM
Yup!!! That's it smile.gif Got the bend, and the scale bit after. It's a very handy lick for soloing. You've got it bending to pitch and then adding some good vibrato. That delay is still making these hard to hear though so put it in the closet if it's a pedal, or just turn it off if it's a plugin for next time. I really want to hear you smile.gif As for the lick, you got it!!! and...
LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image
Todd
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Nov 4 2018, 09:30 AM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 13 2020, 12:36 AM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 13 2020, 09:02 AM
You are off to a good start here and I know that is is NOT the type of lick you normally play. It's a positive thing to try stuff that is not in ones "wheelhouse" as it forces us to grow! You've got the general idea here, but watch my original video one more time. Instead of moving your hand around and trying to use the first finger and move your hand each time, notice how I'm just playing it like a scale and my hand doesn't shift up and down the neck. I change which finger I'm using. Try to use roughly the same approach. I realize this will be a big stretch in terms of technique for your playing. I think it could open up your playing to new things though so i'd say it's worth trying to get right. The secrets are all in the video preview.

Todd

QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 12 2020, 07:36 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 23 2020, 10:41 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm not sure if it's good enough but I'll keep pushing it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 23 2020, 11:06 PM
This is VASTLY improved from where you began! Well done! I can see a great deal of improvement here. Your using your other fingers for the vibrato without moving your hand which is exactly what I wanted to see. You are now playing this just like I was hoping to see it played. There are more licks with bending/vibrato coming your way and I think you are now ready for them! Keep this lick in your warm up routine and it will help prepare your hand for the other licks like it that are on deck. You've hit the right marks on this one and I think you are ready to move forward!!

You just..
LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image

Attached Image

Onward!!

QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 23 2020, 05:41 PM) *
I'm not sure if it's good enough but I'll keep pushing it.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 23 2020, 11:09 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:56 PM