Creating A 'workout' Plan
AIB234
Jun 4 2007, 05:29 PM
GMC:er
Something I have struggled with since starting here at GMC is creating a 'workout' or practice routine for myself.

Currently I do the beginner exercises for hammer ons, pull offs, etc etc. I practice the pentatonic scale shapes and spend some time trying to improvise in them going from box to box seamlessly and also practice some riffs that I have enjoyed from the lessons.

Though it doesn't seem like I am making much progress.

Sure I can play my favourite riffs quite quickly now, but I still don't feel like I am making much progress.

I do realize that progress is very slow, especially with speed. Is there something else I can be doing to be moving along?

I read about the serious players here at GMC and they seem to have incredibly challenging and rigorous practice routines for themselves.

Could anyone give me some input as to what more I could be doing to progress faster? I do not feel like my practice time is being utilized effectively which probably means that it isn't.

Also, could we maybe start and sticky a thread where people could post there practice routines to give others some aid in such areas?

I just feel stagnant and bleh in my speed playing lately.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:10 AM