Ibanez Guitars
mattacuk
Apr 2 2007, 02:24 PM
Lets go fishing!
hey guys,
As I have been enjoying guitar so much I have started thinking about my next guitar. Currently I have a very nice LesPaul copy in black. It plays really well but i would like something that has bags of sustain, a low action and just makes me wanna pick it up all the time! smile.gif I was thinking about the Paul Gilbert Signature guitar?! anyone have any experience with these? Or maybe another Ibanez model?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
MickeM
Apr 2 2007, 02:39 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
The PG signature is in my wishlist too.. but that's all I know about it really.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 2 2007, 03:03 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Apr 2 2007, 03:24 PM) *
It plays really well but i would like something that has bags of sustain, a low action and just makes me wanna pick it up all the time! smile.gif

To my knowledge no guitar brand in the world will make you pick it up all the time unless more than the actual guitar is motivating you...but that might just be me...! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Apr 2 2007, 03:26 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 2 2007, 03:03 PM) *
To my knowledge no guitar brand in the world will make you pick it up all the time unless more than the actual guitar is motivating you...but that might just be me...! smile.gif

No i totally agree, I want to play most days anyway!!! (accept when im really shattered from work - then nothing nice comes out!! laugh.gif ) But I think maybe a good guitar adds to the enjoyment i already get!! wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Rock
Apr 3 2007, 01:43 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Apr 2 2007, 03:26 PM) *
No i totally agree, I want to play most days anyway!!! (accept when im really shattered from work - then nothing nice comes out!! laugh.gif ) But I think maybe a good guitar adds to the enjoyment i already get!! wink.gif

I bought a Schecter Classic www.Schecterguitar.com It's a great guitar for the money. I paid $699 US. I looked at quite a few guitars and did quite a bit of research and listened and listened and I could not find one that could touch the sound and quality for the money. I would have had to spend upwards of $1500 US to get what I thought was comparable. It's definitely worth a look.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Apr 3 2007, 08:51 AM
Schecters are great brand of guitar. Top quality for half the cost of high quality guitars out there. Play some of it like the hellraiser, Classic and C1+.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Apr 3 2007, 09:58 AM
I can just agree on Schecter. Lots of guitar for the money.
Great sustain: check.
Low action: check.
Give them a try. Try the Hellraiser for example.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Apr 3 2007, 08:58 PM
Lets go fishing!
Well they look excellent value for money.......but just not my style in looks. I think maybe i should play them all if the guitar shops have them. I just love the Ibanez look, which is a big change from my previous narrow minded vew only Gibson Les Pauls should be played laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
n0x
Apr 4 2007, 01:34 AM
yea Ibanez are great guitars, they sound extremely good too.. I've never played a PG model however the Jems are the perfect guitars:D:D you can set them to the lowest action possible without any buzz, the best playability u can imagine and err all sorts of stuff ^^. I'm still waiting on my Jem7VWH should arrive on the 1st of may! I've tested them out thoroughly and Ive tried a whole range of guitars. Nothing beats the Jem! A bit pricey tho.. If you can dish out $2100 then go for it!

The JS1000 guitars are great too or u can get a high end RG if u dont want to spend the extra doe

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 4 2007, 11:12 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Ibanez are FANTASTIC Guitars, i got an RG350 and RGT220SOL, Both are amazing intruments, i reccomend any RG Series, and Any Signature Series liek Paul Gilberts.

They WIL NOT Let you down

+Quote Post
Pavel
Apr 5 2007, 12:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (n0x @ Apr 4 2007, 02:34 AM) *
yea Ibanez are great guitars, they sound extremely good too.. I've never played a PG model however the Jems are the perfect guitars:D:D you can set them to the lowest action possible without any buzz, the best playability u can imagine and err all sorts of stuff ^^. I'm still waiting on my Jem7VWH should arrive on the 1st of may! I've tested them out thoroughly and Ive tried a whole range of guitars. Nothing beats the Jem! A bit pricey tho.. If you can dish out $2100 then go for it!

The JS1000 guitars are great too or u can get a high end RG if u dont want to spend the extra doe

Yeah - that's my maaan!! Woohoooo JEM7VWH - babybabybabyyyyyy!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Did i mention JEMs are best i ever played??? huh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
moles
Apr 5 2007, 01:22 AM
Hi

If your looking for a good, affordable guitars and not all for schecter I would strongly recommend ESP LTD guitars smile.gif

http://www.espguitars.com/

check out the ltd standard series. if you like the lp shapes check the EC series
I myself own the EC500bks smile.gif EMG 60 EMG 81 great for the heavy stuff biggrin.gif + low action and easy to play
Some pics - bad camera tho blink.gif

This post has been edited by moles: Apr 5 2007, 02:09 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:02 PM