5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Sequence Collaboration - In Class Collaboration #1, UPLOAD THREAD
berko
Feb 17 2009, 07:50 PM
GMC:er
So this is my 2nd take! Instead of jumping around and making the pop-cadence, this time I did some arpeggios and a little motive development as well. So Pedja instead of the first sloppy one, this could go into the final mix and so I provided the track without BT. smile.gif

@JamesT
Thanks man! I've just listened to yours and I loved the joint between the first two motifs (when c#m kicks in the second time)! Great stuff overall...

Attached File  sequence_collab2_berko_w_BT.mp3 ( 849.51K ) Number of downloads: 154

Attached File  sequence_collab2_berko_noBT.mp3 ( 810.33K ) Number of downloads: 154

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by berko: Feb 17 2009, 07:56 PM

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Paiva
Feb 17 2009, 08:00 PM
Here is another one
Attached File  Sequence_Collaboration_Backing2.mp3 ( 578.39K ) Number of downloads: 151

Attached File  Sequence_Collaboration_nBacking2.mp3 ( 578.39K ) Number of downloads: 148

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 17 2009, 08:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Feb 17 2009, 03:10 AM) *
Here's my take Pedja. Looking forward to your feedback. smile.gif

[attachment=13649:20090216...wBacking.mp3]
[attachment=13650:20090216...oBacking.mp3]

Jim.

Great stuff Jim !
I really like it , well done.

One thing about your last sequence. You played over B chord that should be either Major or Dominant 7th chord in key of E major/C# natural minor - B major 7. Thats the only incorrect thing in the whole solo but your timing and ideas were great and very well executed !

If you want to record it with B7 arpeggio instead of B major 7 then go ahead do so. Otherwise I will count this as your final take.

Thanks Jim smile.gif

QUOTE (berko @ Feb 17 2009, 07:50 PM) *
So this is my 2nd take! Instead of jumping around and making the pop-cadence, this time I did some arpeggios and a little motive development as well. So Pedja instead of the first sloppy one, this could go into the final mix and so I provided the track without BT. smile.gif

@JamesT
Thanks man! I've just listened to yours and I loved the joint between the first two motifs (when c#m kicks in the second time)! Great stuff overall...

Attached File  sequence_collab2_berko_w_BT.mp3 ( 849.51K ) Number of downloads: 154

Attached File  sequence_collab2_berko_noBT.mp3 ( 810.33K ) Number of downloads: 154

Great stuff Berko

Flawless execution and excellent note choice. I will keep this one for final mix.

Great job once again man

Thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (Paiva @ Feb 17 2009, 08:00 PM) *
Here is another one
Attached File  Sequence_Collaboration_Backing2.mp3 ( 578.39K ) Number of downloads: 151

Attached File  Sequence_Collaboration_nBacking2.mp3 ( 578.39K ) Number of downloads: 148

Paiva its very similar to your 1st take, I sent you PM about it wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Paiva
Feb 17 2009, 09:30 PM
I managed to do the wrong thing in 2 takes so here is the 3rd one tongue.gif

Attached File  Sequence_Collaboration_nBacking3.mp3 ( 553.9K ) Number of downloads: 148

Attached File  Sequence_Collaboration_Backing3.mp3 ( 553.9K ) Number of downloads: 153

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 17 2009, 09:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Paiva @ Feb 17 2009, 09:30 PM) *
I managed to do the wrong thing in 2 takes so here is the 3rd one tongue.gif

Attached File  Sequence_Collaboration_nBacking3.mp3 ( 553.9K ) Number of downloads: 148

Attached File  Sequence_Collaboration_Backing3.mp3 ( 553.9K ) Number of downloads: 153

Much better what I was looking for !

Idea of this collaboration is concept *soloing with sequence and note choice in your sequence.

You can record more takes if you like but I can use this wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesT
Feb 18 2009, 02:27 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Pedja, thanks for pointing out that last chord. Man, you have a good ear!

I'll try to get it fixed in another take. I have to finish Emir's first, then hopefully, if there's time, I'll work on that last arpeggio.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 18 2009, 03:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Feb 18 2009, 02:27 AM) *
Pedja, thanks for pointing out that last chord. Man, you have a good ear!

I'll try to get it fixed in another take. I have to finish Emir's first, then hopefully, if there's time, I'll work on that last arpeggio.

You welcome Jim my pleasure man smile.gif

I was referring to 00:27 and 00:32 - same chord but different chord type.
Just major or dominant 7th would work perfectly there.

Thanks Jim !

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesT
Feb 18 2009, 03:28 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Pedja, I'm stuck.
Below are the notes that I played for that Bmaj arpeggio. In blue are the notes of the arpeggio, in yellow are both the A phrygian and B lydian scales. This is in the key of G where the relative minor is C#.

Which note should I play instead?

attachment=13713:BMaj_Arpeggio.bmp]

If I'm looking at this corectly, the arpeggio that I used is 1, 3, and 7.
This is taken right out of Joe Kataldo's (thanks Joe!) string skipping arpeggios, lesson, only transposed to the right key and over the right chords.

Maybe it was in the execution?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  BMaj_Arpeggio.bmp ( 308.55K ) Number of downloads: 64

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 18 2009, 03:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Feb 18 2009, 03:28 AM) *
Pedja, I'm stuck.
Below are the notes that I played for that Bmaj arpeggio. In blue are the notes of the arpeggio, in yellow are both the A phrygian and B lydian scales. This is in the key of G where the relative minor is C#.

Which note should I play instead?

attachment=13713:BMaj_Arpeggio.bmp]

If I'm looking at this corectly, the arpeggio that I used is 1, 3, and 7.
This is taken right out of Joe Kataldo's (thanks Joe!) string skipping arpeggios, lesson, only transposed to the right key and over the right chords.

Maybe it was in the execution?

No problem Jim we will resolve everything now.

C# minor B A B is the chord progression. Those chords come from C# natural minor which is related scale to E major scale.
Modes in E major or C# natural minor are

E ionian
F# dorian
G# phrygian
A lydian
B mixolydian
C# aeolian
D# locrian

So looking at your graph , you played B major 7th which happens either with Ionian or Lydian mode! The problem was, from B you were supposed to play B dominant 7th which happens only with Mixolydian mode.

In more simple terms - you need to lower your 7th by half step on that graph and everything would fit smile.gif

Let me know if you have any more questions !

Thanks Jim smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesT
Feb 18 2009, 03:54 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
That does clear it up. I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote/thought key of G. That's another solo I'm working on or something. To be sure I understood your reply below, I went back and analyzed my take and sure enough it started with a C# aeolian run followed by the same in B mixolydian, then A lydian.

I'll go back and lower that 7th a half step and that should fix it. Give me till after the 20th though, cause that's when Emir's is due and I'm still working on the second half of that one.

QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 17 2009, 06:39 PM) *
No problem Jim we will resolve everything now.

C# minor B A B is the chord progression. Those chords come from C# natural minor which is related scale to E major scale.
Modes in E major or C# natural minor are

E ionian
F# dorian
G# phrygian
A lydian
B mixolydian
C# aeolian
D# locrian

So looking at your graph , you played B major 7th which happens either with Ionian or Lydian mode! The problem was, from B you were supposed to play B dominant 7th which happens only with Mixolydian mode.

In more simple terms - you need to lower your 7th by half step on that graph and everything would fit smile.gif

Let me know if you have any more questions !

Thanks Jim smile.gif

This post has been edited by JamesT: Feb 18 2009, 03:56 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 18 2009, 03:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Feb 18 2009, 03:54 AM) *
That does clear it up. I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote/thought key of G. That's another solo I'm working on or something. To be sure I understood your reply below, I went back and analyzed my take and sure enough it started with a C# aeolian run followed by the same in B mixolydian, then A lydian.

I'll go back and lower that 7th a half step and that should fix it. Give me till after the 20th though, cause that's when Emir's is due and I'm still working on the second half of that one.

No worries Jim

Just pay attention to B chord on 0:27 and after that at 0:31 in take you submitted. Lower the major 7th to minor 7th and it should be perfect.

5 more days left so I think you will make it no problem.

Thanks Jim !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Feb 18 2009, 02:55 PM
Here is my take. The tone is awful but that's because I use my pod that I hate and promised myself to never use again, but here I am now. Also somehow the guitar is a mono track and the backing is a stereo track, and I can see that it might be a problem. Tell me if this doesn't work and I'll try to record something new, I'm awful at recording, but I'm trying.

Just hope this works, even though I have a feeling it doesn't.

Attached File  Fsgdjv_wBT.mp3 ( 901.5K ) Number of downloads: 122

Attached File  Fsgdjv_woBT.mp3 ( 901.5K ) Number of downloads: 142

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 18 2009, 03:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Feb 18 2009, 02:55 PM) *
Here is my take. The tone is awful but that's because I use my pod that I hate and promised myself to never use again, but here I am now. Also somehow the guitar is a mono track and the backing is a stereo track, and I can see that it might be a problem. Tell me if this doesn't work and I'll try to record something new, I'm awful at recording, but I'm trying.

Just hope this works, even though I have a feeling it doesn't.

Attached File  Fsgdjv_wBT.mp3 ( 901.5K ) Number of downloads: 122

Attached File  Fsgdjv_woBT.mp3 ( 901.5K ) Number of downloads: 142

Cool I like it !
You did everything I asked for , great work man.

One thing on the side note as I would mention is your first and second sequence sound very similar smile.gif Everything else is cool. And your sound is not awful by the way.
I exported backing track mono as well so no worries smile.gif

Thanks !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 20 2009, 05:00 PM
Instructor
Guys quick reminder !

There is 3 days left to submit your takes and lots of takes I am waiting for (15!). Here is a list of takes I expect :

1)OrganisedConfusion
2) Tolek
3) Enforcer
4) Ajmurrell
5) coffeeman
6) Marc_Maiden
7) lcdds
8) Jesse
9) Sami
10) Matich
11) audiopaal
12) Mandos
13) Dexxter
14) Oxac
15) Iluha

Guys who recorded so far are(11) :

wrk (Andy) , Emir Hot, big harry, JamesT, coloneldrew, Fsgdjv, Paiva, berko, Canis, Velvet Roger and Pedja Simovic laugh.gif .

Guys who backed out of collaboration :

Mrblomme and Sondre !

I hope everybody will make it as this should be piece of cake for you guys !

Thanks

Pedja

This post has been edited by Pedja Simovic: Feb 20 2009, 05:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Feb 20 2009, 09:21 PM
Pedja im in love with this collab! ive been so into just jamming on the backing, i havent had the chance to record it!

my take will be uploaded tonight!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 20 2009, 10:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Feb 20 2009, 09:21 PM) *
Pedja im in love with this collab! ive been so into just jamming on the backing, i havent had the chance to record it!

my take will be uploaded tonight!

Thats great to hear Marc !
I look forward to your recording smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 21 2009, 12:41 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Pedja,

I practiced a lot with this backing track and the sequence idea and did some helpful experiences with this. It's a quite fun way to develop ideas and work on them .. for sure i will use this approach quite often now for other backings as well.

Here are two other takes:

Attached File  wrk_Class_1_Sequence03_wbt.mp3 ( 928.51K ) Number of downloads: 156
Attached File  wrk_Class_1_Sequence03_nbt.mp3 ( 871.4K ) Number of downloads: 143

This one is more out of fun .. i don't do tapping really often, so it's not extremely clean ... it's sound a bit like a traditional piccolo flute and not really as a guitar smile.gif. I broke the rule in the 4th loop on the last chord, sorry wink.gif
Attached File  wrk_Class_1_Sequence04_wbt.mp3 ( 904.93K ) Number of downloads: 143
Attached File  wrk_Class_1_Sequence04_nbt.mp3 ( 979.3K ) Number of downloads: 143

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 21 2009, 04:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 20 2009, 04:00 PM) *
Guys quick reminder !

There is 3 days left to submit your takes and lots of takes I am waiting for (15!).

I am waiting for about 10 as well in my collab. Some people cancelled. Looks like this month everyone was too busy or not in a mood for recording smile.gif I extended my deadline until today noon but to be honest I was expecting more takes.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 21 2009, 04:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 21 2009, 04:39 AM) *
I am waiting for about 10 as well in my collab. Some people cancelled. Looks like this month everyone was too busy or not in a mood for recording smile.gif I extended my deadline until today noon but to be honest I was expecting more takes.

I know how you feel Emir, when students apply then don't submit I feel hurt a bit as I was counting on them to do it.
This month has been really crazy with continuation of MTP, Muris week (3 collabs + competition or something like that), then my and your collaboration... Yeah I can see why most people didn't make it for your collab, I hope guys will record for mine tough 2-3 more days left smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 21 2009, 04:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 21 2009, 03:42 AM) *
I know how you feel Emir, when students apply then don't submit I feel hurt a bit as I was counting on them to do it.
This month has been really crazy with continuation of MTP, Muris week (3 collabs + competition or something like that), then my and your collaboration... Yeah I can see why most people didn't make it for your collab, I hope guys will record for mine tough 2-3 more days left smile.gif

I also have a bit more challenging track this time. Maybe that was also the reason. I am looking forward to your comments on my take smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:06 PM