Avoid Bad Lighting In Your Vids!, Here's how to add lights on the cheap!
Todd Simpson
Aug 24 2013, 12:21 AM
GMC:er
The age old question. "Why do vids sometimes seem to dark"? Usually it's from not enough lights smile.gif So here is a quick and dirty list of some inexpensive L.E.D. (no heat produced, very low power consumption, etc.) iights you can add to your home studio setup. I"m using some of each smile.gif

I"m using LED mini spot lights in my home studio since they have spiff colors and they don't put out any extra heat smile.gif They are quite cheap on ebay @ about U.S. $5 each and sometimes free shipping too! And they come with a remote control to turn them on and off and change color to whatever. I tried the white light from them and it just looks bland so I picked blue and red smile.gif Here is a link to an example of a 6 pack of these with remote for U.S. $37.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6pcs-GU10-3W-LED-R...=item3f287eff77
Attached Image

I also ordered some of these lights and some stands. They are maybe not bright enough for stage though They work well for home studio lights though and run about U.S. 60 each. I've got two so far.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290930381144?ssPag...984.m1497.l2649
Attached Image

I have one of these bigger ones. These can run on their internal battery! So you can put them anywhere smile.gif about U.S. $ 100 each.

http://www.americandj.com/ProductDetails.a...;Category=L.E.D.

Attached Image

So there ya go. Cheap lights!! Adding a few lights and experimenting with lighting can take your youtube vids / rec vids/ any vids to the next level!! And one more thing.

!!!!! Always try very very very hard to keep your BED out of the shot!!!!! I know it's a pain and you will have to rearrange your entire room to do it, but vids with gear in the shot look more pro and more like a home studio. Vids with beds/laundry/etc. just don't come off looking as good or pro.

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 24 2013, 12:26 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Rammikin
Aug 28 2013, 11:03 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 23 2013, 11:21 PM) *
I"m using LED mini spot lights in my home studio since they have spiff colors and they don't put out any extra heat smile.gif They are quite cheap on ebay @ about U.S. $5 each and sometimes free shipping too! And they come with a remote control to turn them on and off and change color to whatever. I tried the white light from them and it just looks bland so I picked blue and red smile.gif Here is a link to an example of a 6 pack of these with remote for U.S. $37.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6pcs-GU10-3W-LED-R...=item3f287eff77

Those are just the bulbs, right? What kind of a fixture are you using with them?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Rammikin: Aug 28 2013, 11:06 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 30 2013, 05:42 PM
GMC:er
The ones at the top of the post are just bulbs yes smile.gif They work an ANY standard light fixture which is part of what's so handy about them. I have 5 of them in a multi head lamp which is very handy for home studio use. Each one is on a flex/goose neck and the fixture itself is only about $20.

Attached Image

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Aug 28 2013, 06:03 PM) *
Those are just the bulbs, right? What kind of a fixture are you using with them?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:42 PM