Pentatonic Scale One-on-One Lesson 2
Guitar Master123
Jan 3 2007, 05:05 AM
GMC:er
blink.gif laugh.gif blink.gif rolleyes.gif cool.gif

?Hello?
People of GMC! I have a question about the Second Lick on the lesson that is so called Pentatonic Scale One-on-One Lesson 2. The question that I am so eager to ask is
When you are playing the lick in a different box than the fourth one do you have to make sure that the notes you are playing are in the A Minor pentatonic scale or do you just play the exact same thing in a different place?

Please tell me. sad.gif smile.gif

Guitars Rule!!!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Guitar Master123: Jan 5 2007, 05:22 AM

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 3 2007, 08:52 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Guitar Master123 @ Jan 3 2007, 07:05 AM) *
When you are playing the lick in a different box than the fourth one do you have to make sure that the notes you are playing are in the A Minor pentatonic scale or do you just play the exact same thing in a different place?

If you play the exact same thing, you are going to change key - which you normally wouldn't want when improvising in A minor pentatonic.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Jan 3 2007, 11:34 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 3 2007, 07:52 AM) *
If you play the exact same thing, you are going to change key - which you normally wouldn't want when improvising in A minor pentatonic.

Does that mean you need to sort of change the Pattern?

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Jan 4 2007, 12:18 AM
Guitarmaster, Your question is a little ambiguous but I will try to answer it as I understand it.

So to answer your question - the pattern can be repeated in other locations and that is the change of key. so to move the same pattern up 2 frets makes it Bm instead of Am (one fret would make it A#m). to move it down 2 frets makes it Gm. OK?
The notes can be replicated elsewhere but that would be a different pattern and possibly very difficult to actually finger.
hope that makes sense and is understandable?

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:44 AM