> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Megadeth Made Easy, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Josch
Jan 27 2018, 01:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Megadeth Made Easy by Ben Higgins

New try. Hope you like it better this time ;)

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=58780

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 27 2018, 09:22 PM
GMC Founder
Nice!

Tone wise this is a definite improvement!

I also think your timing is pretty good. If the balance between your guitar and backing had been better - it would be easier to listen for that machine-like timing sync with the drums, which this genre requires.

You still get a passing 6 grade from me though. Keep up the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 29 2018, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Hi again mate!

It's awesome to compare this take with the previous one. There are several improvements on the new one. Great job!!

The tone is a lot better here, and your palm muting is more consistent now. I also note that the overall take timing is much better now. There is some room to adjust the 16th notes, but the other parts sound tight now. The next step should be to be able to play the first riffs more relaxed, to get the feel and groove of the part (as well as the right dynamics).

I would keep this lesson in your practice routine for at least 10 days.

Keep the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 30 2018, 09:46 PM
Instructor
Hey there again!

First few runs are definitely out ot time, but then you get really nice and tight with the bass drum from backing track. Things to be complimented here are definitely the clean breaks/pauses and palm muting. Silence between pickstrokes is very important. Same with percussive to root note balance in palm muting. These are your strong atributes. Tone definitely matches the track but I think there's still something you can do better with it's higher part (of the frequencies). It needs to be bright for metal playing but it can be less harsh while still being bright. Try to cut a few db (2 max 3) at 5 kHz. Experiment with q value in your parametric eq (necessary to put it at the end of signal chain.

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 13 2018, 04:13 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:47 PM