Alternate Picking
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 17 2008, 03:27 AM
GMC:er
If had problems with AP for awhile now.
Its not that I cant play fast, but its all always economy.

I have problems doing 3nps runs like in Zsolts new lesson because I get lost when transfering to the next string on whether or not its a up-stroke or a down-stroke.

Any Tips about breaking the habits of economy and moving into AP once and for all ? smile.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
besip
Jun 17 2008, 03:53 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jun 16 2008, 10:27 PM) *
If had problems with AP for awhile now.

Hi i'm not the right person probaly to tell you what to do cool.gif but my recomendations is to take some exersizes{or scale} for alternate picking and start play slowly down-up-down-up-down-up and later you will find breaking your economy habits wink.gif
there is don't happen nothing big but just your finger get remeber those down-up-down moves

thats work for me cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by besip: Jun 17 2008, 03:55 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jun 17 2008, 04:58 AM
Yeah really..

There's not much else that you can do other than.. take a 3nps pattern and just say up down up down through out it. And make sure you keep following that pattern.. never performing two ups or two downs in a row..

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
kahall
Jun 17 2008, 05:09 AM
Learning Roadie
Try to not worry about how fast you are, master this lesson and the AP will come if you focus. This lesson has helped me more than any of the others that focus on AP. I can do the first half at 65 or 70 bpm now.....ok, 60 65bpm and not make errors. I am not sure if I will ever get much faster but I keep trying.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Jenkinson
Jun 17 2008, 05:22 AM
same thing, I used to economy pick, once Pavel started me on AP I played very slowly, focused on my down up movement and exaggerated the alternate picking motion of my right hand, so it could get used to going up down. It took a couple weeks of focused playing before AP became second nature to me. Now I can hardly pick without AP. lol good luck!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 17 2008, 11:33 AM
Instructor
Well you really can't make a habit of playing AP good unless you put considerable amount of work in it. 3 months of constant focused practice on AP with a slow metronome will give you some good results. Just start slow always and don't worry, it will be OK.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 17 2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks Guys. I relize now the long road ahead of me. Its just I need to train my hand. Im doing the lesson Kahall Suggested.

Aswell as Zsolts new lesson. And Im going to be using the metronome.

Thanks All.

Off to practicing smile.gif

Later

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jun 17 2008, 07:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
I found this lesson incredibly helpful for improving my alternate picking smile.gif
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ernate-picking/

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah to break out of the economy picking habit, you got to practice all your chops extremely slowly. Once you've done this a couple of weeks alternate picking will become natural too you and then you dont need to think about it anymore and you can start shredding again smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:53 PM