Playing With The Local Legend, and failing miserably...
Thomas
Jul 14 2007, 04:08 AM
GMC:er
I was over at a friends house today w/ my guitar and we were playing around, and my friend's 'uncle & crew' showed up, guitars a-blazing. I wasnt really pressured to play any, but after about an hour of everyone playin around, this one guy (who is one of those guys everyone talks about being awesome at guitar) shows up, and he starts playin some killer leads & stuff. I myself am having trouble really getting up to speed with soloing, and I havent really developed too far into fast improvising, but when he started playing, he was really spectacular.

But, my problem was that I was the only one at the scene toting a Gibson Les Paul, and I guess this kinda got some attention from him, because he complimented my guitar, and then asked me to show him 'what I got.' I asked him what he meant, and he played a little riff, and my hands went numb. It was as if I had forgotten how to hold the guitar, because he started playing rhythm and expected me to play lead. I managed to play 2 notes before my hand just locked up.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this might have happened? I know I wasnt nervous because everyone was laid back, we were real loose because we had been playing for a couple of hours. I really have no idea why or how it happened, and I was just wondering if this had ever happened to anyone else... ever.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:43 AM