Great Resource For All Jazz Guitar Questions And Beyond, www.jazzguitar.be
ItsMe
Oct 20 2008, 06:15 PM
GMC:er
I use this really great page for quite a while now. It complements very well the lessons here on GMC. It's free and Dirk the guy who created the page seems to be a great teacher. Well written lessons provide tons of information about all kinds of jazz guitar playing.

http://www.jazzguitar.be/jazzguitar_lessons.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ItsMe: Oct 20 2008, 06:15 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 18)
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 20 2008, 06:59 PM
Cheers. I've added to my favourites smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Skalde
Oct 20 2008, 07:18 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for sharing this site. Jazz is proably my weakest genre, but I am sure I can learn something biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 20 2008, 07:31 PM
Instructor
very nice page and full of useful stuff, thanks for sharing

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 20 2008, 09:21 PM
Instructor
lots of interesting material there, thanks for sharing smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 20 2008, 09:46 PM
Instructor
I know this website it is useful. There is couple more that are awesome as well wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 20 2008, 09:50 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Oct 20 2008, 09:46 PM) *
I know this website it is useful. There is couple more that are awesome as well wink.gif

Any chance of telling us them lol laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 20 2008, 10:00 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks for sharing smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Oct 20 2008, 10:05 PM
http://www.cyberfret.com/index.php

http://www.freeguitarvideos.com/

http://www.fenderplayersclub.com/index.htm

+Quote Post
J.E.
Oct 20 2008, 10:15 PM
QUOTE (ItsMe @ Oct 20 2008, 06:15 PM) *
I use this really great page for quite a while now. It complements very well the lessons here on GMC. It's free and Dirk the guy who created the page seems to be a great teacher. Well written lessons provide tons of information about all kinds of jazz guitar playing.

http://www.jazzguitar.be/jazzguitar_lessons.html
Do they have a similar site for blues/R&R?

--------------------
Can you imagine?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 20 2008, 10:17 PM
Instructor
There is many cool information there! Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 20 2008, 10:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 20 2008, 10:50 PM) *
Any chance of telling us them lol laugh.gif

guitarmasterclass.net tongue.gif

haha

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 20 2008, 10:38 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Oct 20 2008, 10:34 PM) *
guitarmasterclass.net tongue.gif

haha

laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Oct 20 2008, 10:45 PM
biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 20 2008, 11:28 PM
Instructor
biggrin.gif

Ask any Jazz related question don't hesitate

I hope by the time I do 100 + lessons here at GMC you will have way less doubts about everything jazz related smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Oct 21 2008, 04:23 PM
Guitarmasterclass is defenitivly the best page for every guitar realted question since we have all this great instructurs.
And yes you are tackling all the questions I have with your lessons. Great work. Keep em coming.

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 22 2008, 12:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ItsMe @ Oct 21 2008, 05:23 PM) *
Guitarmasterclass is defenitivly the best page for every guitar realted question since we have all this great instructurs.
And yes you are tackling all the questions I have with your lessons. Great work. Keep em coming.

smile.gif

Glad you are finding my lessons useful !

Did you try improvising with arpeggios over the backing track , or chord scales ?
The last lesson in series will be break down of all the scales and choices you can use. That should be pretty awesome and you can apply all this whenever you see particular chord type etc.

If you have any more questions ask. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Oct 22 2008, 12:37 AM
i really love your series. it's great that you first show differnt concepts and than apply everything to come up with a solo. Great structure. Yes, I work on arps and chordtones and try to connect everything with appropriate scales and some chromatics. Your lessons a really very helpfull

Thanks

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 22 2008, 12:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ItsMe @ Oct 22 2008, 01:37 AM) *
i really love your series. it's great that you first show differnt concepts and than apply everything to come up with a solo. Great structure. Yes, I work on arps and chordtones and try to connect everything with appropriate scales and some chromatics. Your lessons a really very helpfull

Thanks

Again great to hear that
My intention is always to make things musical but also to present as many possibilities as possible so that student can decide what he or she will use.

Pentatonics, Arpeggios, Chord tones, Modes, Scales, Hexatonics, Approach patterns, Chromaticism are just some resources but there is lot more going on in structure of solo (repetition , sequence, motive development etc) as well as rhythm , so that should be something you should look into as well.
It is kinda hidden secret and stuff underneath the lesson - if you know what I mean wink.gif

I don't want to abuse this board but you can ask me any questions related to lessons here for time being. When I get my own board it will be whole other ball park smile.gif

How is Boston doing ? I saw they went out in Baseball and last night they beat Denver in american football smile.gif
Any concerts lately?

Take care

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:21 AM