Midi Guitar
Jeff
Sep 17 2008, 01:42 AM
GMC:er
Has anyone ever played a MIDI guitar? If so, have you ever used it to play into a software program like a MIDI Keyboard? I'm wondering how effect they are - do they really work?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Emir Hot
Sep 17 2008, 03:02 AM
Instructor
I don't have one but I tried it in one studio in London. It really did what is supposed to do. Yes it can pick all notes. You even have the velocity sensor on the pickup which you can adjust. If your sample has 16 layers of sounds you can adjust each string sensitivity on the midi pickup and set your quietest and loudest point so you get all your layers. When you hit strings with full power it will play sample from 127 velocity of that sound and opposite. That way it has more dynamics and sounds more natural.

When you mentioned Sibelius, of course you can plug it in with the midi cable and record. I am sure you will have to fix and quantize some notes but it will definitely save you time. USB has nothing to do with this. You need midi input. Many better soundcards have midi in/out. If yours doesn't have one you can buy USB midi controler for 15-20$. The cheapest will work. Then you connect your midi cable and in your recording software chose that midi input port for midi recording and you're ready to go.

QUOTE (Jeff @ Sep 17 2008, 02:43 AM) *
Looks like an expensive venture. dry.gif Unless there is some other option to connect straight from the MIDI pickup without using this USB interface.

this has all you need, it uses standard midi 13 pin connector

http://kellysmusic.ca/productinfo.asp?id=1510025190

just make sure you have midi input on your sound card. If not buy a cheap USB midi controler

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Sep 17 2008, 03:04 AM

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:32 PM