Country cheating One-on-One masterclass lesson!
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 12 2006, 10:33 AM
GMC Founder
Hey folks,

Tim for some country tricks! biggrin.gif If you extract something out of this lesson - you will definately be able to throw in some unique sounding licks into your soloing!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/Mastercla...ry_cheating.htm

cheers

/Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Jun 12 2006, 12:19 PM
GMC:er
=D

I have grown up hearing country music all of my life.. my dad plays guitar and he picks country guitar very well. If I had a video camera.. I would get him to put some licks down for the website. He uses a thumb pick and all that. I can't remember if you mentioned this in your video or not.. but another big thing about getting the country sound is plucking the strings while picking.. or "chicken picking".. Which is a reason that he uses the thumb pick, so that he can freely use his index finger to pluck the strings.

Here is a medoly he played over for some girl that was gonna play it in a talent show... you should be able to hear some country licks in both songs.. but mostly the 1st one.. Although this isn't really country music, so its not gonna have as much as you would like.

Good job on the lesson though.. I would love trying to get some more information for you on it.

http://209.85.32.12/~rsanders/guitar/medoly.wma

Also.. you were doing that in A... I have seen him take part of the A chord.. say xxx655 and then do like a hammer-on on the B string to the 7th fret, or a hammer-on on both the B and G strings to the 7th fret.. and that may be where those "forbidden" notes come in?? Although.. it seems like that he was explaining to me how he was picking out of both A and D from the same position.. and how easy it was to simply go from A to D.. by changing from xxx655 to xxx775 with the hammer-ons and stuff... haha. It is 6:30 am and I have had no sleep.. lol. So I am probably talking crazy at the time. =D

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 13 2006, 07:11 AM
GMC Founder
Cool! Your dad has awesome tone and technique biggrin.gif

Steal some licks from him! /Kris

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:38 AM