Dave Murray/ Adrian Smith/ Janick Gers
The Uncreator
Aug 3 2007, 03:08 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Well, since the topic of "Steve Harris The Great" came up smile.gif , I thought id mention his original partners in crime, Dave Murray and Adrian Smith, and Maiden's latest addition, Janick Gers (I say latest addition, but he has been in the band 17 years smile.gif )

Dave Murray and Adrian Smith
Janick Gers, Rock In Rio Solo's

*EDIT*

Sorry, wrong section of the forum.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Aug 3 2007, 03:09 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 3 2007, 03:16 PM
GMC:er
Cool video biggrin.gif
There both awesome guitarist

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 3 2007, 03:26 PM
I LOOOOOOOOOOVE Adrian Smith and Dave Murray. Janick Gers on the other hand, I really dont like his soloing, at least not live. I dont really remember many of his solos at the moment, but I remember that his solo on Brave New World is AWESOME.

Adrian and Dave really got unique styles, excellent guitar players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlY_9t398O4 - Powerslave... Wait for the solos... begin around 1:30(ends around 3:50)
I want to cry when I hear this song biggrin.gif

Slave to the pooooweerr of deaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeaeayeahyeaaaaaaaaaaaheaeaooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by Robin: Aug 3 2007, 03:24 PM

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 3 2007, 03:41 PM
Learning Tone Master
Adrian and Dave are Metal Gods, one of the best Guitar-duos ever.
Janick does not fit into maiden. He jumps arround on stage, poses like a glamrocker and does tricks like throwing and cathing his guitar. Most time it looks like his guitar isn't even plucked in.

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 3 2007, 03:44 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Aug 3 2007, 02:41 PM) *
Adrian and Dave are Metal Gods, one of the best Guitar-duos ever.
Janick does not fit into maiden. He jumps arround on stage, poses like a glamrocker and does tricks like throwing and cathing his guitar. Most time it looks like his guitar isn't even plucked in.

I actually like Janick's tricks and stuff on stage, but I dont really like his playing biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Robin: Aug 3 2007, 03:54 PM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 3 2007, 04:40 PM
Anyway, i love Janick, i love his manic style, and when he runs around and throws his guitar around, i find it entertaining, To me he is definetly a part of maiden, no matter what.

And to the Powerslave video, BEST SONG EVER.....OF ANYTHING....FROM ANYONE, ANYWHERE, IN ANY MUSIC GENRE.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 3 2007, 05:06 PM
Instructor
I preffer Murray/Smith! I don't like Janick Gers when he plays live. I think that Maiden doesn't need him.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 3 2007, 05:37 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 3 2007, 03:40 PM) *
And to the Powerslave video, BEST SONG EVER.....OF ANYTHING....FROM ANYONE, ANYWHERE, IN ANY MUSIC GENRE.

Now thats true! smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 3 2007, 05:44 PM
The solos are just......Well i cant even think of words!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 23 2007, 08:31 AM
Instructor
I'm an Iron Maiden fan !!! I remember when I see my first concert, I was fascinated by Janick Gers and his guitar-dance tongue.gif So when I arrived at home I take my guitar and I tryied to turn my guitar around my body !! hehehe

In the soloig I prefer the Adrian's feeling or the Murray's fast legato smile.gif

QUOTE (Robin @ Aug 3 2007, 04:44 PM) *
I actually like Janick's tricks and stuff on stage, but I dont really like his playing biggrin.gif

I agree !!! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 23 2007, 10:29 AM
Instructor
I started with Maiden,among many other stuff.
These guys were a huge influence to me,a real boots to stay at home and practice for hours.
Full respect...living legends...don't know what else to say. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:31 AM