Help + Rules & Guidelines, How to register at forum + which lessons to start with etc.
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 5 2006, 11:36 PM
GMC Founder
Contents:

1 How to create a forum username

2 Forum rules & guidelines

3 Which lessons to start with

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 How to create a forum username

- You need to be a subscribing gmc member - subscribe here.

- Once you have gone through the paypal checkout, you will have chosen a password to view the video lessons, your paypal email address will be your username.

- To get a forum username - you need to click "register"

- In other words you will have one username for the video lessons (your paypal email address) and one for the forum.

- If you have problems remembering your usernames - don't forget to chose "remember me" when logging in - so that your computer remembers the data.

2 Rules & guidelines

...well not that we need rules - everything has been working very smoothly so far. But here is the purpose of the forum...

It's a place for questions and there are no "stupid" questions. If you are unsure about something - no matter what it is - here is the place to ask. If you feel your question received a harsh answer, pm me and I will sort it out. Here are some examples of relevant questions:

- "What is a guitar pick?"

- "How many scales should I learn"

- "What differs Allan Holdsworth's legato technique from Vinnie Moore's"

Who is to answer? A beginner question is best answered by a beginner - an advanced question is best answered by an advanced guitarist. If you think you know the answer to a question - answer it! If you proved to be wrong you will have learned something too - which is why you are here, right? Furthermore - most quetsions have different answers depending on perspective, so there usually is no right or wrong.

Which board to use? Choose the board which you think is right for your question - if a moderator thinks differently your post will just be moved to right board, so no worries!

If you still don't feel comfortable posting a question you can pm it to a moderator first (but once again this isn't necessary - questions of all levels are welcome).

Hope to see some serious questions and answers! biggrin.gif

3 Which lessons do I start with?

If you are a beginner and don't know which lessons to start with - you may try the following order:

Power Chords Lesson

Metronome Lesson

Guitar exercises lesson

Beginner licks lesson

Beginner Scales Lesson

Barre Chords Lesson

You are then ready to start picking other lessons from gmc.

Important:
This is only a suggested order - if you encounter a lesson that seems boring and make you want to put the guitar down, make sure to move on to another. blink.gif The most important is for you to stay motivated!

Also, it would be interesting if we got to know in witch order other people have practiced the lessons! biggrin.gif

Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Kristofer Dahl   Help + Rules & Guidelines   Dec 5 2006, 11:36 PM
- - ezravdb   - "What differs Allan Holdsworth's legato...   Dec 6 2006, 02:05 PM
- - Kristofer Dahl   QUOTE (ezravdb @ Dec 6 2006, 04:05 PM) - ...   Dec 7 2006, 10:29 AM
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:43 AM