Reamp
Gabriel Leopardi
May 24 2012, 06:03 PM
Instructor
Hi guys! Some weeks ago I had a gathering with a top producer from my country and he told me that he as been recording guitars by line and then reamping in a professional studio.

This is one of the albums recorded in that way.

I always knew about the Reamp Box but I have never tried it. Have you ever done this? Do you think that it's the same?

http://www.reamp.com

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 24 2012, 06:22 PM
Instructor
I recorded like this once and I'm not a fan of this approach because I wasn't able to get the true feel of hitting the strings and the sound reacting the way I expect it to when I recorded the line in. So, I don't like this technique because as a guitarist you don't know for sure if you hit something quite right and you don't know if you're happy with your performance until you hear it going through a different amp/tone setting.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: May 24 2012, 06:23 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 24 2012, 07:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 24 2012, 02:22 PM) *
I recorded like this once and I'm not a fan of this approach because I wasn't able to get the true feel of hitting the strings and the sound reacting the way I expect it to when I recorded the line in. So, I don't like this technique because as a guitarist you don't know for sure if you hit something quite right and you don't know if you're happy with your performance until you hear it going through a different amp/tone setting.

I always had this same thing in mind, however it's also true that nowadays there are plugins like Guitar Rig that could solve this issue. You can set a tone close to the final one.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 25 2012, 06:00 AM
GMC:er
You can REAMP in Software OR, you can REAMP in HARDWARE smile.gif

A buddy of mine sometimes does both but but reamping in HARDWARE

Here is a spiff vid of legendary producer Eddie Kramer talking about reamping in a session.

Clean Preferably (or dirty if that's all you've got) guitar signal from computer > out interface > to Radial Reamp Box > Guitar Amp > Microphone

That's the hardware reamp path he was using.

For software reamp it's a bit more simple

Clean/Dirty guitar signal from computer > Reamp Plugin (Guitar Rig, Amplitude, overloud, et.c)

So yeah, reamping with software is a very handy trick even if the guitar isn't clean. He will bus a guitar from a show to a separate track, run it through Amplitude, then bring up that channel just slightly to mix in with the original signal. Makes up for wads of stuff that never got recorded or was recorded and didn't go that well.

Todd

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 26 2012, 07:21 PM
Instructor
Cool video Todd! I'm seriously thinking in buying that Reamp Radial as the next addition to my studio since I like the idea of first concentrating on performance and then in tone. There is an Argentinian brand that creates Reamp boxes... I should try them... I don't know how complex is to create one of these boxes.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:42 AM