Irish Folk, Anyone got a good ear?
Iscariott
Apr 29 2007, 03:30 AM
GMC:er
http://www.chivalry.com/cantaria/sounds/pa...lamentation.mp3

I'd love to be able to play something like whats going on in this song, unfortunately there are no tabs i can find on the internet. Anyone got an ear good enough to figure out at least the key for me?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tank
Apr 29 2007, 12:08 PM
GMC Veteran
The song is in B minor. The chords are B minor, and A major, however, it moves into B major at the end of some lines (which is feature of some folk, and classical music). You probably won't find tab of it, but the guitarist is sticking pretty much to the chords, while using some scale work to add flavour. If you ever go to a trad Irish music session, you'll come across a lot of guitar accompaniment playing of this style. If you are interested in researching further Irish music, I can do you a list of required listening.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Tank: Apr 29 2007, 12:19 PM

+Quote Post
Iscariott
Apr 29 2007, 06:02 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Tank @ Apr 29 2007, 07:08 AM) *
The song is in B minor. The chords are B minor, and A major, however, it moves into B major at the end of some lines (which is feature of some folk, and classical music). You probably won't find tab of it, but the guitarist is sticking pretty much to the chords, while using some scale work to add flavour. If you ever go to a trad Irish music session, you'll come across a lot of guitar accompaniment playing of this style. If you are interested in researching further Irish music, I can do you a list of required listening.

Thank you for your help. I've been to a few Irish music events with my family, and always loved the guitar style(present in some flogging molly's tunes even). I'd be happy to listen to any list you've got.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:09 AM