Guitar Cv
CathShadow
Nov 3 2009, 03:28 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Pedja

Well, I'm 25 years old, I have been playing guitar since August last year (2008).. Concentrating mostly on finger picking (I really neglected my pick work)..

I then started focussing on pick work and techique.. Also, I started learning theory, How to read sheet music, notes, chords... though My theory is not so strong yet.

I want to learn to play both heavier style metal/rock, but also emotional accoustic ballads.

So, the Goals:

- To learn to play metal & rock (both rhythm and lead}
- to be able to make my own music {esp. emotional accoustic music}
- to be able to improvise
- learn chords
- theory

Weakest points, well:
I'd say vibrato, legato, and sweeps...
accuracy {at higher speeds the sounds are sloppy/ring out where they shouldn't}

strongest: finger picking, and strumming I'd guess

Hope this is the information you need?

Pierre

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Pedja Simovic
Nov 3 2009, 03:49 PM
Instructor
Pierre this is good information I just have couple of questions before I post your 1st assignment.

How are you doing with bending, tapping and alternate picking? Those are very important techniques in rock and metal styles so it will be important to cover them if you don't have strong foundation for them.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Nov 3 2009, 03:54 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Nov 3 2009, 05:49 PM) *
Pierre this is good information I just have couple of questions before I post your 1st assignment.

How are you doing with bending, tapping and alternate picking? Those are very important techniques in rock and metal styles so it will be important to cover them if you don't have strong foundation for them.

Bending I have been practicing recently (doing a lot with Gabriels videos), my tapping is weak -> I get low sustain on some of the notes.... alternate picking is the technique I do use most so it is average but I do want to make it better I think..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 3 2009, 03:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (CathShadow @ Nov 3 2009, 03:54 PM) *
Bending I have been practicing recently (doing a lot with Gabriels videos), my tapping is weak -> I get low sustain on some of the notes.... alternate picking is the technique I do use most so it is average but I do want to make it better I think..

Awesome Pierre. So we will definitely work on Alternate and Sweep as it is essential part of techniques. I will assign you also one lesson for REC program that we will talk about when time is right. For starters, I will start you off with some alternate picking exercises. Let me know if you have any questions in your MTP thread.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Nov 3 2009, 04:03 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Nov 3 2009, 05:58 PM) *
Awesome Pierre. So we will definitely work on Alternate and Sweep as it is essential part of techniques. I will assign you also one lesson for REC program that we will talk about when time is right. For starters, I will start you off with some alternate picking exercises. Let me know if you have any questions in your MTP thread.

Wicked! thanks biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 3 2009, 04:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (CathShadow @ Nov 3 2009, 04:03 PM) *
Wicked! thanks biggrin.gif

Alternate picking assignment posted, check it out HERE

--------------------

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Dec 3 2009, 10:35 AM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Nov 3 2009, 06:04 PM) *
Alternate picking assignment posted, check it out HERE

Just refreshing it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 3 2009, 11:00 AM
Instructor
Cool Pierre. I will post your 1st assignment today, stay tuned! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Dec 3 2009, 12:04 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Dec 3 2009, 01:00 PM) *
Cool Pierre. I will post your 1st assignment today, stay tuned! wink.gif

Awesome biggrin.gif thanks!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:53 AM