> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Jouve's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 2 2013, 06:29 PM
Instructor
Hi Jouve! Thanks for the update! As you said, the bending lesson still needs more time of practice, but you are doing a good job. Regarding composition, the first thing that I always assign to my students is to start the analysis of their favourite tracks. This is a training that you will have to do all your life to keep on incorporating ideas into your music. That composition that you started sounds very good, it just needs a chorus section, and a musical/solo section to be completed!

What songs would you like to analyse?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jouve
Feb 21 2013, 03:01 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab. Let's put that composing work a little bit off for a while. I've got some great plans on technique issues fixing. So i'll try to ask questions sequentially.
The first problem i've discovered after trying to play some Death Magnetic stuff was the right hand chopping. It occurred to me that my right hand motion goes from triceps. I've seen you play just with your wrist, i've seen Andy james playing without any tension in the elbow or triceps.

So, do you think should i break that habit or it doesn't really matter(the relaxation will come with expirience)? And if yes, what is the best way to break that kind of habits?

PS.Ben's land of legato is a hell of a lesson. But I think that in a month maybe i'll rip it out. biggrin.gif
PSS. Gotta update the thread more often wink.gif After i'm done with some of my assignment debts I should work a lot on a picking.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2013, 04:38 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This sounds good for me! smile.gif

You have to fix your right hand movement. As you will read in my lesson 1 from the ITC, your movement should be from your wrist a(and a bit from your elbow). You shouldn't feel tension in your triceps or biceps. Please read the following thread and let me know if you still have questions about it.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=42828

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jouve
Mar 24 2013, 09:33 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabriel.
Long time no post wink.gif
I think i solved that tension problem, and i only have some issued when i do tremolo picking, but i think it's ok-still working on that.
How do you work with the groove? Well i mean how did you made your playing rhythmically constant and timid?
I'm starting to think that i should work on that more. For example i play a simple song, nothing complicated, and in the fourth measure i go hurrying, than i understand that i'm going fast and slow down too much.

Yes, i know: patience, metronome, dedication. But is there some kind of intensive groove workout? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 24 2013, 05:30 PM
Instructor
Hi Jouve! smile.gif yeah, you are so right: "patience, metronome, dedication", but there is one more important word: "Enjoy". When I was 12 years old, I used to play over Ramones, Nirvana and Gun's & Roses albums all day, from the first track to the last one, I remember starting with songbooks and then just using my year to play over the songs. In those years, GMC didn't exist so that worked for me. We have lots of great rhythm lessons here at GMC, so you could create a practice list with around 10 lessons that you should play every day.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jouve
Mar 25 2013, 04:07 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 24 2013, 04:30 PM) *
Hi Jouve! smile.gif yeah, you are so right: "patience, metronome, dedication", but there is one more important word: "Enjoy". When I was 12 years old, I used to play over Ramones, Nirvana and Gun's & Roses albums all day, from the first track to the last one, I remember starting with songbooks and then just using my year to play over the songs. In those years, GMC didn't exist so that worked for me. We have lots of great rhythm lessons here at GMC, so you could create a practice list with around 10 lessons that you should play every day.

Heh, yeah, enjoy maybe is the most important one.
I remember when i first played breaking the law by ear - it was "AAARGH! Come on i'm a rock star now!" wink.gif
In fact that's what i do most of my practice time - bashing chords and improvising over my fav. albums wink.gif
And sometimes i feel like i do it a wrong way when i see people playing just exercises during their practice session. But that's the most pleasant part of my guitar experience yet wink.gif

That's a great idea, i'll start working on some lessons.
For example:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Paramo...ar-Arrangement/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Rage-Against-The-Audio/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Groovy-Metallica/

And also i decided to go back to my first guitar book - "Heavy metal rhythm guitar" by Troy Stetina - and to practice it and then to record every riff from that book with the drums.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 26 2013, 04:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jouve @ Mar 25 2013, 12:07 PM) *
Heh, yeah, enjoy maybe is the most important one.
I remember when i first played breaking the law by ear - it was "AAARGH! Come on i'm a rock star now!" wink.gif
In fact that's what i do most of my practice time - bashing chords and improvising over my fav. albums wink.gif
And sometimes i feel like i do it a wrong way when i see people playing just exercises during their practice session. But that's the most pleasant part of my guitar experience yet wink.gif

That's a great idea, i'll start working on some lessons.
For example:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Paramo...ar-Arrangement/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Groovy-Metallica/

And also i decided to go back to my first guitar book - "Heavy metal rhythm guitar" by Troy Stetina - and to practice it and then to record every riff from that book with the drums.

This sounds great for me mate! Maybe you can dedicate some minutes every day, maybe 20 to technique exercises but most of the time to things that you really enjoy playing. I'll wait for your takes! Have you ever checked "Fretboard Mastery" by Troy?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jouve
Apr 14 2013, 05:05 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 26 2013, 03:07 PM) *
This sounds great for me mate! Maybe you can dedicate some minutes every day, maybe 20 to technique exercises but most of the time to things that you really enjoy playing. I'll wait for your takes! Have you ever checked "Fretboard Mastery" by Troy?

Yay Gab. I'm doing ear training exercises from the beginning of the book while i'm going to the institute by subway. Troy has just a natural talent to lecture the material.
Heh last month i've had some really disgusting band and gig experience. And now I'm back for some sofa work wink.gif
https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/rage-against-the-audio-pre-1
I tend to rush in some places, and sometimes don't bend in pitch.

https://soundcloud.com/jouveivan/hd-01
And what do you think about the tone here. I've never really used the delay effect. What are your recommendations(horrible take rly i made a very conscious out of tune bend in one section) smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jouve: Apr 14 2013, 05:22 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 14 2013, 05:40 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Good job with this takes! RATM lesson sound good, you already noted which are the things that you should work and improve: timing and bending. Keep on working on this one concentrating on these two things. The solo over Dio's track sounds really good. i like the composition and the tone is interesting. Using delay makes your guitar bigger in the mix and it's very used. It can be more or less notorious in the mix and this depends on the effect level. You can experiment using 4th, 8th, 16th notes repetitions, but it's always important to set the effect at the same tempo than the song. Are you using a plug in? Which one?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jouve
Apr 14 2013, 06:17 PM
Learning Roadie
It's sh-1 vst pack. I used the small room reverb in the beginning, and then added some preseted delay.
http://freemusicsoftware.org/1719
Hm, gotta dig that tempo settings wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 14 2013, 07:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jouve @ Apr 14 2013, 02:17 PM) *
It's sh-1 vst pack. I used the small room reverb in the beginning, and then added some preseted delay.
http://freemusicsoftware.org/1719
Hm, gotta dig that tempo settings wink.gif

Cool Thanks for the link. You could listen to Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Andy Timmons trying to discover how they use delay and reverb in their tone. Try to compare and emulate their settings. I consider that they have amazing guitar tone.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:07 PM