Help! Orange Or120 1973, Orange OR120 1973
Francis Viviers
Sep 14 2007, 09:33 PM
GMC:er
Hi Guys

A guy that plays in a church band with me needs some money so he is selling his old "Orange OR120 1973" All valve amplifier for £230. I still have to go listen to it, but i wanted to know your guys opinion on it. Is it worth buying that amp ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Hungus
Oct 3 2007, 10:12 PM
That sucks about the paint job man.... maybe you could clean it off with some solvents or something.

As for the volume are you sure there wasnt 2 volume knobs on it, like a "Volume" and "master"

I talked to my brother the other day about orange amps too and he said he knew someone who sold one for well over a grand so I think you will be getting a pretty good deal on this

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Francis Viviers
Oct 16 2007, 03:54 PM
QUOTE (Hungus @ Oct 3 2007, 11:12 PM) *
That sucks about the paint job man.... maybe you could clean it off with some solvents or something.

As for the volume are you sure there wasnt 2 volume knobs on it, like a "Volume" and "master"

I talked to my brother the other day about orange amps too and he said he knew someone who sold one for well over a grand so I think you will be getting a pretty good deal on this

The old orange amps ( This one is from the 70's ) does not have two controls. It only has "gain" but it isnt a problem, since the power amp is ALWAYS cranked.

I tried to remove the paint, but the paint the guy used destroyed the vynal so im removing it and gonna try get new ones from Orange themselves. Hope this works. Ill post some sound clips and pictures soon.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 16 2007, 04:23 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Francis Viviers @ Oct 16 2007, 04:54 PM) *
I tried to remove the paint, but the paint the guy used destroyed the vynal so im removing it and gonna try get new ones from Orange themselves
Good call! I really don't understand what that guy who painted it black was thinking. I don't know how to paint an amp but ask Orange if you need to put primer first.

+Quote Post
Francis Viviers
Oct 17 2007, 04:30 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 16 2007, 05:23 PM) *
Good call! I really don't understand what that guy who painted it black was thinking. I don't know how to paint an amp but ask Orange if you need to put primer first.

My issue is. What is the best way to strip of vinyl from the head ?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:48 PM